• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 5-MeO-DIBF Thread (Benzofuran analogue of 5-MeO-DIPT)

roi

Bluelighter
5-MeO-DIBF is the benzofuran homologue of 5-MeO-DiPT.

o47wNbV.png

The closest known substance to this is Dimemebfe, which would be the benzofuran homologue of 5-MeO-DMT.

After most tryptamines were banned in the UK a while ago, this one appears to be their successor (technically not a tryptamine though).

Last edited:
This looks like 2C-x-hemidragonfly with the sidechain moved from position 4 to position 3. I wonder what putting a halogen on the 7 position would do.

It may remind you of that, but it should be relatively bioisosteric with tryptamines for which different rules are true for substituting them. And if I recall correctly, substituting here on 6 or 7 would not do a lot of good... I just don't think the phenyl ring is in quite the same place with phens and trypts when it binds / activates 5HT receptors - so its another ballgame.

this stuff been out for years it was me who started the thread i think

but it was only sold by a couple of vendors was shit any way did not work the stuff we have now is much nicer

this stuff been out for years it was me who started the thread i think

but it was only sold by a couple of vendors was shit any way did not work the stuff we have now is much nicer

If you got it from that shady UK vendor then you didn't get 5-MeO-BFE.

o yes i did and i got it off more than one but i know what your saying it was a orange goo all most inactive

Nichols found that the indolic N-->S analogue of DMT was inactive. I don't see any reason why this one would be any different.

But Dresden, this one has already been tested (at least in animals), they didn't invent the binding data!

Nichols found that the indolic N-->S analogue of DMT was inactive. I don't see any reason why this one would be any different.

The difference between sulfur and oxygen properties in both inorganic and organic compounds is actually quite prominent. In this case the most important difference is that the oxygen atom in dimemebfe can function as a hydrogen bond acceptor while the sulfur atom in the sulfur analogue can't.

I've always imagined this to be a chilled out "perception enhancer" (kind of like 2C-D) as the binding data may suggest. So no matter how disappointing it is as a psychedelic, I'd gladly try it some day.

I received 250mg of 5-MeO-DIBF on Friday and I must say was better than expected. I first tried 10-20 mg insufflated.(Smells a bit like onions/garlic.)
You can certainly feel the effects almost instantly. Nice warm glow nowhere near AMT level, but the selling point of AMT replacement wasn't exactly false advertising.
I didn't benefit much from higher doses at 25-50mg orally as you would do AMT, but had dilated pupils well into Monday. So sir serotonin didn't fail me there..

Actually preferred this over the 5 tabs of
1-propionyl-lysergic acid diethylamide I wasted my money on.

So bottom line, If you prefer the lack of trippyness of 1P-LSD over the warmth of AMT/MDMA you might just like it.

Last edited:
^How long does an oral dose last?

Probably far too soon to ask this, but can anyone compare to 5-Meo-MiPT/DiPT, specifically the bodyload? 5-Meo-MiPT has become my drug of choice for hour-long dancing, so anything that compares sparks my interest. I hope it's more worthwhile than 5-Meo-DALT for me

I would say 8-12 hours orally for me personally, and yes its certainly more worthwhile than DALT.

I received 250mg of 5-MeO-DIBF on Friday and I must say was better than expected. I first tried 10-20 mg insufflated.(Smells a bit like onions/garlic.)
You can certainly feel the effects almost instantly. Nice warm glow nowhere near AMT level, but the selling point of AMT replacement wasn't exactly false advertising.
I didn't benefit much from higher doses at 25-50mg orally as you would do AMT, but had dilated pupils well into Monday. So sir serotonin didn't fail me there..

Actually preferred this over the 5 tabs of
1-propionyl-lysergic acid diethylamide I wasted my money on.

So bottom line, If you prefer the lack of trippyness of 1P-LSD over the warmth of AMT/MDMA you might just like it.

Just wanted to say I think it's likely you didn't get 1p-LSD, almost every report describes it as almost identical to LSD and very strong and psychedelic.

This sounds pretty interesting though from your assessment.

How strong was your oral trip at 50mg? Duration of higher doses could be pretty damn long.

I found the effects of 5-MeO-DIBF orally not as effective, sounds strange maybe a bioavailability issue which someone may be able to elaborate on in the future.
That said the form it came in was perfect for
insufflation unlike most rc's and AMT.

For further experiments I will try smoking <5mg or even less just placed under the tongue.

Last edited:
No need to trip every 2 days, give it at least a week between experiments!

We don't exactly know how it works (5-HT agonism (pretty much confirmed), monoamine reuptake (likely) or release (unlikely) or even monoamine oxidase inhibition (even more unlikely)) yet, but tolerance to its psychedelic effects probably lasts about a week.

Oh trust me it was 1p-LSD and yes it was very trippy and psychedelic, just not what I like personally.. Amt isn't psychedelic in the tradition sense given the name. As you know.

So would really appreciate if the moderator/druggie policeman/commuinty support officer/hypocrite that works for free giving contradictory advice to people like himself. Would wait before trying to undermine real experiments..

Or in this case editing my post so his criticisms have value they don't.

Scientific method of testing?

Oh trust me it was 1p-LSD and yes it was very trippy and psychedelic, just not what I like personally.. Amt isn't psychedelic in the tradition sense given the name. As you know.

Can you elaborate? I know AMT and LSD are quite different, but the few times I tried AMT I found it quite psychedelic...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you elaborate? I know AMT and LSD are quite different, but the few times I tried AMT I found it quite psychedelic...

The fact that my 1-P LSD must not be the same as his/yours.

Its distinct its strong yes. But different to AMT..

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Roi is not a moderator. Moderators are clearly marked out with the under-name title.
2. I edited your post. When a moderator edits a post they leave a reason for doing so. You can clearly see this at the bottom of the post along with who edited it. The reason I gave was "please don't double post" because you posted twice in a short space of time. Please use the edit feature instead of doing this, especially for novel substance threads as it makes it hard to find useful information.
3. Roi's advice is extremely pertinent. If you just want to get high that's fine but if you are trying to make a useful contribution to our collective knowledge then repeated doses through different ROAs in a short space of time is not productive and may even be dangerous.

As this is a very novel substance we will be removing off-topic and social chatter to make this a more useful resource for posterity. Please keep such conversations to private messages or the social threads.