• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 5-MeO-DIBF Thread (Benzofuran analogue of 5-MeO-DIPT)

People are always waiting for the sheep in front to comment on their findings, mainly because of the moral police.

It's counterproductive..

There is nothing "counterproductive" about being careful when trying a new substance and taking one's time to make sure that the information is useful to others.

Even if your goal is just to get high then it's not counterproductive because I can assure you that corpses are not able to get high.

1. Roi is not a moderator. Moderators are clearly marked out with the under-name title.
2. I edited your post. When a moderator edits a post they leave a reason for doing so. You can clearly see this at the bottom of the post along with who edited it. The reason I gave was "please don't double post" because you posted twice in a short space of time. Please use the edit feature instead of doing this, especially for novel substance threads as it makes it hard to find useful information.
3. Roi's advice is extremely pertinent. If you just want to get high that's fine but if you are trying to make a useful contribution to our collective knowledge then repeated doses through different ROAs in a short space of time is not productive and may even be dangerous.

As this is a very novel substance we will be removing off-topic and social chatter to make this a more useful resource for posterity. Please keep such conversations to private messages or the social threads.

This is why I'm recommending minuscule doses.. For the children.

Like I said DON'T BE JEALOUS

For further experiments I will try smoking <5mg or even less just placed under the tongue.

Might end up not being enough to really be active, I know for a fact that you need a relative shit-ton of 5-Meo-MiPT before it starts being active vaporized. But, we know absolutely zero about this compound so it's a great place to start.

And yeah, would wait 2 weeks between trials at least. This is a very novel compound, and you're playing with fire. In the name of science, yeah, but still. Better make sure that at least the science is right then.

Personally, I would be fairly surprised if all psychedelics exerted cross tolerance on each other. For example, I don't think MDA and LSD do, but someone correct me if that's wrong.

I removed a couple of posts because they had nothing to do with this substance. This isn't a social thread, it's a thread for information about a novel substance (a very novel substance). By the way I think Dresden is commenting on people's discussion of psychedelic tolerance in this thread, not posting in the wrong thread.

Regarding waiting longer between doses, no one is being the moral police here. It's not a moral issue. The fact of the matter is, if you dose this substance more frequently than once a week, your results are skewed. I mean feel free to do it if that's what you want to do (and believe me, I've dosed psychedelics far more often than once a week during periods of time), but you won't be contributing to the knowledge base in a very effective way if you do it. That's what people are saying, and it's true.

So, let's discuss this substance. Thanks for your input Dalai Lala, yours is the first report I've heard.

I'v never mentioned waiting between doses (not that you shouldn't) .. I love how a single comment can change the direction of a whole thread.

Personally, I would be fairly surprised if all psychedelics exerted cross tolerance on each other. For example, I don't think MDA and LSD do, but someone correct me if that's wrong.

5-Meo-BFE seems to bind to 1/3th to 1/6th less to 5ht2a than 5-Meo-DiPT, according to the abstract from the Purdue paper, but both 1P-LSD (if it's a prodrug at least) and this should have notable activity at 5ht1a, so they definitely influence each other. More so the other way around though, the euphoria from this should come from Oxytocin release through 5HT1a binding. Regardless, I think this could influence the 1P-LSD just enough to make it seem less interesting, while still feeling active.

Take note for when you decide to indulge with 1P-LSD again, Dalai Lala, it could be that you underestimate that substance due to hypothetical tolerance

Seeing as no one has done a trip report on this substance yet, here is mine, probably the one of the first guinea pigs to try it this substance.

I received a free sample of a new legal Tryptamine analogue in the UK from a well known UK source. It consisting of 250 mg of 5-MeO-DIBF (or 5-methoxy-di-isopropyl-benzofuran) in a fine white powder. Subject was told this was the .HCL salt version of the compound. This compound is not available on the internet yet through any vendors that I know of but will go on sale to the public soon, depending on feedback.

5-MeO-DIBF is the benzofuran homologue of 5-MeO-DIPT (replacing the indole Nitrogen bond with a Oxygen bond). This is the same way Dimemebfe (5-MeO-BFE) is the benzofuran homologue of 5-MeO-DMT (see wikipedia). Please do not confuse this with 5-MeO-BFE, they are two separate compounds. Its like comparing 5-MeO-DMT to 5-MeO-DIPT which both have completely different effects.

Note dosages were expected to be 3-6 times higher than 5-MeO-DIPT and orally active without an MAOI (unlike 5-MeO-DMT). Subject seems to be one of the first people to write a report on this very compound on the internet and only received the sample a week ago, its early days.

Subject Background:

Set:
- It is still morning and subject has been awake over 2 hours.
- Subject is at home alone in his living room during this experience with a Cable TV, Laptop, Music, a Sofa Bed available and PS4 Games to use if wanted.
- All phones put on mute before trials begin.

Setting:
- Subject is feeling good mentally, with a slight ongoing backache (not to do with this experiment though, that was there for days before and completely separate).
- Subject wanted to try this new Research Chemical today for the first time with a lower dose than thought would effect him fully (which seems to be true from his experience below).

Sitter:
- Subject has enough experienced with hallucinogenics to not need sitter.
- Subject has been taking them for over 15 years now, many and most experiences were without a sitter (which are the best kind of experiences if you are trying to looking inward).

Last food Eaten:
- Subject last ate 12 hours before dosage, it was a very small meal.

Last hallucinations taken:
- Subject ingested 150 mcg of 1P-LSD 1 week prior to this experiment, which is assumed to be enough time to remove any tolerance built up within 5-7 days for Tryptamine's.

Other recent possible drug interactions:
- Subject took 8mg Flubromazepam 10 hours before dosing 5-MeO-DIBF for sleep the night before.
- This may have had residual effects in his system, but is unusual with this subject to feel much at this time after ingestion and usually would not effect the experiment at all from past experiences with hallucinogenics.

Daily drug interaction:
- Subject has been lately taking 16 mg of Flubromazepam (or equivalent of 30-50 mg of Diazepam) spread over 1 or 2 doses a days.
- Subject has been using Benzodiazepines daily for over 10 years now for both GAD and as a sleep aid, both of which has helped him lead to a normal life after late teenage PTSD issues.
- Both GAD and insomniac-ism go away completely with daily intake of Benzodiazepine's and tolerance does not build up in this subjects case like is suggested by doctors who wont prescribe it to him.
- Subjects tolerance has ranged between 15 mg and 80 mg of Diazepam over 10 years (80 mg was when in hospital for 2 weeks trying to come off a GBL addiction which the NHS completed f**ked me up with and treated me like a low life druggie with no compassion and discharged me with an 80 mg Diazepam tolerance and only 10 x 25 mg pills of Chlordiazepoxide).
- During this 10 year period subject averaged at around 30-40 mg of Diazepam a day for a long time.
- Subject finds Benzodiazepines still work without too much of a tolerance build up over 10 years ranging between doses established above. In general once you get to a level you need then he can stay at that level and even lower with time if needed.
- Subjects stability at the equivalent of 40 mg of Diazepam a day, but he could drop to 20 mg a day any time without feeling too uncomfortable for a week if needed before a proper taper plan progress ever needs to start.
- In the case of this subject, daily Benzodiazepines use usually doesn't interfere with hallucinogenics trips (visuals or mentally) when taken this long before stated above and below, it may in fact remove some of the paranoia if anything.
- Subject always tries to avoid any Benzodiazepines and food for a relatively long period before and after ingestion substances.
- Subject may wait until after the peak and when in the come down ball park at least or feels he is not getting much out of it or wants to abort a too strong experiment.

Subject Age:
- Late 30's.

Subject Weight:
- Between 13-14 stone (not weighed for a while so an approximate).

Subject Height:
- 5'8''

Other facts:
- Subject has an unusually higher tolerance to both Tryptamine's and Phenethylamine's.
- This is in compared to recommended doses specified in online sources and literature such as on Erowid, UK, EU, US and Worldwide Harm reduction Forum's and Wiki's sites.
- Although subject believed some higher dose reports by a minority of people claimed to have taken online are insane for all RC's, even for him.

Trip Report:

0 hours - The start (10 am, 2 hours after awaking)
- Subject ingested orally between 30-40 mg dose of 5-MeO-DIBF. This is not quite accurate as scales broke on the day so was divided from a pile of stated as 250 mg 5-MeO-DIBF dissolved in water.
- Subject needs to buy new 1 mg accuracy scales ASAP to give accurate dosage, but the range stated does seem correct from the liquid dosing used.
- Dosage could be +/- 5 mg (or even +/- 10 mg which is why exact dosage was not specified).
- Due to the initial true weigh of the powder not know to be exactly 250 mg (his only scales he had left working showed it ranging between 0.2 and 0.3 g randomly fluctuating).
- The compound dissolved in H2O (water) straight away making liquid oral dosing very easier with a syringe.
- Unfortunately now this means only future method of ingestion of this sample will be liquid orally now.

30-60 mins - The come up
- Subject starting to feel it creep up slowly between this period but cant put a his finger on what it is. Possibly a memorable Tryptamine head space is starting to be felt and starting to feel a little hot, some may say this is the "coming home" feeling, but at a very low level.
- Subject had diarrhoea on the come up, took 4 mg Loperamide which stop any further problems by the end of the come up.

1-2 hours - The peak
- Subject has a low level Trymptamine head space now (there is an effect Shulgin Scale rating: +).
- Subject sees no real OEV (no carpets and walls waving but possibly lights seem brighter and more colourful).
- Subject found listening to Music seemed sightly better. Listened to old music from his past on youtube especially sounded great and brought back memories and happiness.
- Subject had slight CEV, which may have been placebo, This seemed to go after peak but there might have been something there.
- Subject attempted smoking a few puffs from a strong JWH-018 joint to increase visuals but it did not help.
- In general subjects mind felt like it was on a very low level dose of 4-HO-DMT/4-ACO-DMT/4-HO-MET etc without the visuals.
- Subject did not feel any horniness associated with 5-MeO-DiPT but the dose may have been too low and no female companionship available during the experiment to attempt sex.

2-4 hours - The come down
- Subject's peak was over, coming down over the next 2 hours.
- Subject smoked 1 joint of strong JWH-018 crumbled powder on tobacco over the next 2 hours as well (split equally across 3 smokes).
- JWH-018 seem to over power 5-MeO-DIBF at the time of each smoke, which I suspect was because the 5-MeO-DIBF was dosed too low on this first trial.
- Subject was able to eat both a muller peach yoghurt and banana during this experience, both tasted nice and had no problem eating.

4 hours
- Subject definitely seems like he is coming down at this point, only possible residue effects of JWH-018 was felt.

5 hours
- Seems to have completely worn off now, not feeling much of JWH-018 residue either but something still there as an after glow, subject still feels happy.
- Subject Took 16 mg of Codeine + 1 g paracetamol (OTC co-codamol) for backache for which subject has had for several days now (and has been using for the same dose once a day for 3 days now).

6 hours
- Subject possibly is baseline now.
- Subject is slightly craving benzo's now (well past his usual next daily dose).
- Subject took 5 mg of Flubromazepam for any final comedown and stop benzo withdrawal symptoms creeping in.

7 hours
- Subject took a further 1 mg of Etizolam for any final comedown and relaxation.

8 hours
- Subject felt completely baseline now.
- Subject resumed with the rest of the day as usual would normally with no problems interacting with people.

10 hours
- Subject ate a full very large kebab with fries without any problems ingesting at this point.
- Food tasted exceptional, although the price was very high, almost £9 for a Turkish mixed Chicken Shish and Lamb Kofte Kebab + Salad + Rice + Large fries.
- There was a lot of food to eat but no problems eating at all at this point (saved a bit for lunch the next day).

14 hours
- Subject ingested 8 mg of Flubromazepam as a sleeping aid.

15 hours
- Subject ingested 50 mg of OTC DPH as a further sleeping aid.

16 hours
- Subject slept fine for the next 8 hours for an insomniac (which is longer than his usual sleep pattern, but average for a weekend).

24 hours
- Subjects awakes.
- Subject is convinced he dosed too low yesterday, but titration is important and subject did take more than he was initially expecting to take for a first trip on an unknown substance.
- Subject expects to Research a higher dose (probably in 2 weeks time) within the dose at the 60-70 mg level range next time.
- Subject hopes to be able to get more visuals and mental stimulation out of a higher dose trying and get a better experience out of this substance and find the full range of characteristics of 5-MeO-DIBF.
- Subject expects the trip to last longer with a higher dosage.

Last edited:
Considering that 5-MeO-DMT is not really much active orally and that 5-MeO-BFE has about 1/6th affinity at 5-HT2A, I don't think this is going to be much active orally either.

Considering that 5-MeO-DMT is not really much active orally and that 5-MeO-BFE has about 1/6th affinity at 5-HT2A, I don't think this is going to be much active orally either.

5-MeO-DiPT IS active orally, remember 5-MeO-BFE is NOT 5-MeO-DIBF, its like saying 5-MeO-DMT is the same as 5-MeO-DiPT (completely different effects)

I've trimmed the discussion about the misnaming of the structure in the first post :)

Perhaps at a higher dose of 5-MeO-DIBF, we may see emerge this to be a drug classed in the same breed as:
- MDA (The original "Love Drug")
- MDMA (What Ecstasy really should be 100% of the time)
- 5-MeO-DiPT ("Foxy" or "Foxy Methoxy" - some say an aphrodisiac and a sexual enhancer)
- 5-APB, 6-APB, 5-MAPB, 6-MAPB (benzofuran class and are very close to MDA and MDMA in effects)
- bk-MDMA, bk-xxxx (a lot), 4-MMC, x-xMC, MDPV (bk- beta ketones or cathinone classes etc)
have been classed in the past.

These dont seem to be fully Hallucinogenics and more loved up and great for music, dancing and sex.

If it does kick off for that reason I dont see it lasting long on the market. UK cyber crimes and drug enforcement agencies they work well with each other are getting faster at banning individual substances now. By the end of the year they will probably have some sort of general UK analogue law which is so complicated everything will fall under it, maybe even spice's you put in your daily food!

EDITS:
- Although maybe not, I did feel a little tired during my lower dose session, especially during the 2nd hour, but that may go away with a higher dosage and it may stimulate you a lot more.
- Competing with the class of drugs listed above, rather than a full blown Hallucinogenic

Last edited:
5-MeO-DIBF is structurally similar to Dimemebfe (5-MeO-BFE). The structure of these substances looks like a modified version of 2C-X vs 5-MeO-D(x)T. To me, this molecule looks more like a phenethylamine than a tryptamine.
This structure lacks psychedelic potential. If you want to correct the structure so it become psychedelic then you should remove Ethylisopropyl, and replacing ethylamine with methylamine.

Image: (Just to give an idea)

HdUEdRh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
5-MeO-DIBF is structurally similar to Dimemebfe (5-MeO-BFE). The structure of these substances looks like a modified version of 2C-X vs 5-MeO-D(x)T. To me, this molecule looks more like a phenethylamine than a tryptamine.
This structure lacks psychedelic potential. If you want to correct the structure so it become psychedelic then you should remove Ethylisopropyl, and replacing ethylamine with methylamine.

Image: (Just to give an idea)

5_meo_dibf.png

Sorry mate, your image didn't show up, so cant see what you are referring to in the picture, only guessing from what you wrote in the text. But I cant see this looking like a Phenethylamine at all.

Phenethylamine base structure:
220px-Phenylethyl_Amine_General_Formula_V1.svg.png

Tryptamine base structure:
200px-Tryptamine_structure.svg.png

5-MeO-DIBF structure:
o47wNbV.png

2C-B structure:
200px-2C-B-Chemdraw.png

... and for a final comparison MDMA structure:
220px-MDMA_%28simple%29.svg.png

Last edited:
Sorry mate, your image didn't show up, so cant see what you are referring to in the picture, only guessing from what you wrote in the text. But I cant see this looking like a Phenethylamine at all.

Phenethylamine base structure:
220px-Phenylethyl_Amine_General_Formula_V1.svg.png

Tryptamine base structure:
200px-Tryptamine_structure.svg.png

5-MeO-DIBF structure:
o47wNbVs.png

2C-B structure:
200px-2C-B-Chemdraw.png
The similarities become apparent when looking at things like 2C-B-hemiDragonFLY

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange, I can see the picture, however.
Here's a link: http://postimg.org/image/mljspzmnl/full/ (The moderator maybe able to repair the image.)
This kind of molecule can give you the basic idea for development of other structure like 2CB-IND and TCB-2.

Thanks, that looks very interesting although I have not being educated in chemistry past A-Level's. I have tried to keep up with terminology and chemical structures in the name of research and a basic understanding of structures and terminology. Knowing what I am taking, what it could similar to and in the name of harm reduction as everyone in the RC community should do is escential and the main reason substances keep getting banned due to peoploe not educating themselves.

Itv is now sort of my hobby to understand organic chemistry and Psychedelic drugs (and others) to a decent level, rather than how I felt during school as Chemistry just being another subject I took. I have Shuglin's TIHKAL and PIHKAL books and read them all with interest and enthusiasm. The unpublished sections not on erowid are very good to read and I recommend reading both books, even if you have gone through what has been published online.

The similarities become apparent when looking at things like 2C-B-hemiDragonFLY

As does this, never tried any of these 2C-B-XXX-FLY substances though to comment on their effects.

EDIT:

To be completely honest, I have always found Phenethylamine's give a much nicer feeling than Tryptamine's. I usually find Tryptamine's are a lot more mentally darker, which I dont find at all with Phenethylamine's, even at very high dosages (60 mg of 2C-B was one of my best experiences ever). I have never had a bad experience with any Phenethylamine's but have with Tryptamine's. Especially one time when I took 50 mg of 4-HO-MET and had to lie down for 2 hours after the short come up with my eyes shut and my mind feeling quite uncomfortable and the feeling of ego death, I was questioning if I was still alive at this point, and did it really matter, etc.

Although after which I had the most intense OEV with green fractals ever seen for another 2 hours (probably the best visual trip I ever had apart from my first trip on 30 mg of 2C-E many years ago). When I was on 4-HO-MET, people I spoke to on skype that day on the computer looked like they were out of a cartoon too and had a fractal green hexagon features to their faces, as did everything else in the room.

The worst experience with a Phenethylamine was when taking 250 mg of bk-2C-B in one dose, it was not that it was scary but the problem was more than it lasted way too long and much longer than I expected from previous reports on the internet (and my pervious lower dose experiments which I thought I needd a lot more than 150 mg). If I recall it was still going strong 20 hours into the trip. To add to that, my mother kept on phoning me all day and leaving messages asking where I was and why am I not replying tp her calls for 2 days! In the end she left a message threatening to drive 4 hours to where I live to find out what has happened to me! I eventually txt her back around the 16 hour mark and told her I was tripping and leave me alone until the next day and I would be fine to talk fine then, lol (she did not approve though and never does when I take RC's, especially after my 2 week hospitalisation coming off GBL 5 years ago).

On another note, I absolutely love 1P-LSD (although I have never tried real LSD-25, but from all accounts this is almost identical from what people say) and have never had a bad experience with it yet. Its still early days though and I have not experimented past 150 mcg so far. 200 mcg will be my next trip on 1P-LSD then 250 mcg after that.

Last edited:
Looks like it's around now, spotted 50mg pellets earlier.