• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 5-Chloro-AMT thread

Banned in Canada in 2016 due to a fatal 2C-E overdose. We were a hub for the 2c's...cant really complain to much, still got some great compounds up here.
Fatal 2C-E overdose? I don't think I heard about that, do you have a reference? I always thought the 2016 ban was either related to the NBOMes or just global political pressure.

Fatal 2C-E overdose? I don't think I heard about that, do you have a reference? I always thought the 2016 ban was either related to the NBOMes or just global political pressure.

Sorry no reference, I can't recall where it came from. The usual story about bringing a bag to a party and passing out bumps.

It's about dosage. It is a stronger MAOI than AMT but it is also active at lower dosages it seems. it also has stronger affinity for 5-HT2a. it remains to be seen whether it can be taken safely in a large enough dose to get a full trip, I don't really know of anyone who has and it might be dangerous. I have taken it and have a ton, wrote a report for science but it was not a full dose. It's one to be careful with for sure, but may in fact be a worthwhile drug. I don't know if any mechanism by which it is shown to be toxic unless overdosed.

any idea why 4-ho-amt isn't a thing?
The alpha-methyl group would make the hydroxyl group redundant, as it wouldn't increase protection from MAOs.

There may be also issues with synthesizing it.

Shulgin synthesized it and it's in TIHKAL. There were reports of worrisome side effects as it was titrated up so it was abandoned.

Interesting comparison- have you tried aMT and you find 5-cl-aMT more similar to MDA or is it due to it (like aMT) has a mix of empathogenic and hallucinogenic features? I heard someone also compare it to 5-meo-mipt for this reason. But that said I am interested in this one but I do find the original aMT more interesting than either of those two ( though I do llove MDA and 5-meo-mipt)
Never tried amt, but i have had mda and it's similar with its visuals, but i haven't gotten. The empathogenic effects from 5-cl-amt yet, but that could be because I'm going through a Benzo withdrawal...

Anyhow i just took 65 mg of 5-cl-amt and I'm sitting in the toilet enjoying it ☺️

@boogi12 I’d be curious about a little more detail of your experiences with this one as there is so little real reporting out there. Did you explore lower doses? I was considering a substantial jump in my dose next time around, since I was just barely threshold on my last dose. So I’m curious as to if you worked your way up to around 65mg, and if so, where you found effects starting to really manifest.
If you’d be so kind, please go a little more in depth of how this substance has treated you. Might it be better suited to combos?
And please do let us know how this 65mg treats you! 😁

@boogi12 I’d be curious about a little more detail of your experiences with this one as there is so little real reporting out there. Did you explore lower doses? I was considering a substantial jump in my dose next time around, since I was just barely threshold on my last dose. So I’m curious as to if you worked your way up to around 65mg, and if so, where you found effects starting to really manifest.
If you’d be so kind, please go a little more in depth of how this substance has treated you. Might it be better suited to combos?
And please do let us know how this 65mg treats you! 😁
I worked myself up to 65 slowly, I'll write a report about my experiences with this substance when i sober up ☺️☺️☺️. So far I'm feeling pretty good. Listening to techno.

Damn, be careful with this stuff. Not to alarm you but this stuff should be about 1.5 times as strong of an MAO-A inhibitor as AMT, and AMT fully inhibits MAO-A at around 150mg I think, so you might be looking at full inhibition around 100mg. And DOC isn't something I'd want to take with an MAO inhibitor. Let us know how it goes.

@boogi12 How did that whole experience turn out for you the other day?

Also have to add - I realized last night when doing some testing on some other compounds that my Mandelin reagent has gone bad. So the results I posted above for Mandelin *may not* hold true. I believe the reagent got contaminated at some point between then and now, as results were in line with other substances at that time, but last night was no good. I’ll have fresh Mandelin on the way and verify. In the meantime I’m adding an edit to take the posted result as TENTATIVE.

Reagents also just go bad over time, they don't last a very long time.

From TiHKAL:

I am aware of one of these modifications, specifically on that magical 5-methoxy-position. This is the sterically similar, but metabolically totally dissimilar fluorine analogue, 5-fluoro-alpha-methyltryptamine, or 5-F-a-MT. The fluorine atom is the darling of the manipulators of molecular structure in that it is a form of fake hydrogen. True, as an atomic lump on an aromatic ring it is a lot larger and a lot heavier, but it is a lump that doesn't like to associate with anything else. It's bonding with a ring carbon is the same sort of two-electron bond that the hydrogen atom makes, but it cannot be oxidized off in the same way. So, when a drug has a position of sensitivity to oxidation, and that oxidation is thought to be responsible for some particular pharmacological property, put a fluorine there and you will deny the drug that property. This was discussed in the section on DET where the metabolism attacks a 6-position hydrogen.

And it may play such a role here. When one balances the sort-of stimulant nature of a-MT with the potent psychedelic properties of a,O-DMS, one can ask if the oxidation of the tryptamine system at this 5-position can be of some significance. Tryptamine becomes serotonin by this action. DMT becomes bufotenine by this action. If there is some extension of this to the a-MT world, then the placement of a fluoro group at that position of attack would be interesting. 5-F-a-MT has been made, and it appears to be of reduced activity in man. But it has proven to be an extremely potent monoamineoxidase inhibitor, and strongly influences the brain serotonin levels. The 6-fluoro isomer, 6-F-a-MT, is also effective.

I assume the same applies to 5-Cl

What ROA's work best for this compound? Anybody vaped it in glass rose yet?

Terribly few reports out there, unfortunately. Some character on Reddit reported e-vaping it in an amount of 5-10mg, reported mild psychedelia and a slight sedate feeling, IIRC. I haven’t been able to find much beyond that. Seems oral is the ROA most explored, and it’s still underexplored even with that.