PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 5-Chloro-AMT thread

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
220px-5-Chloro-3-%282-aminopropyl%29indole.svg.png

So I have received some of this. From what I've read, it appears to be serotonin and dopamine releaser, but not epinephrine at all, unlike AMT itself. In addition it is about twice the affinity as AMT for 5-HT2a which points to it being a stronger psychedelic, while still possessing some nice releaser properties. The worry is that it is almost totally unknown and untested, and if it were to be a potent MAOI, it could be dangerous. I am considering that it might be the potency of 5-MeO-AMT, ad also might be much more psychedelic than AMT, like 5-MeO-AMT is, but it should also be rollier and have less bodyload (theoretically less than AMT, as well, though who can say). Apparently it is one of only a few known purely serotonin/dopamine releasers, and has been studied for cocaine dependence in animals.

I plan to trial it soon at 500ug, and then move up from the in successive trials. :)

I'm not sure I understand your question? I have not tested this compound yet. What is a "superagonist"?

Ah I see. Well I am not sure if I have tried other "superagonists", or if 5-Cl-AMT even is one. It has double the affinity for 5-HT2a compared to regular AMT, but regular AMT is mostly a releaser and not a strong agonist.

Im a sucker for AMT and 5-subs-Ts, so this one seems like a potential winner in my book. I always wanted to try 5-meo-amt despite the bad press... but finally didn´t.

Let´s see about potency and duration. And qualia, for sure. I would speculate you are going to have some microdose effects for 500ugs... Lets see

Yeah if this is even in the ballpark of 5-MeO-AMT potency, 500ug will probably have some little effect.

I have tried 5-MeO-AMT a handful of times when I was much younger, I found the bodyload heavy, but I had some really nice experiences, too. It's much stronger as a psychedelic than AMT is, but a lot less rolly, too. I'm really hoping 5-Cl-AMT is somewhere in between AMT and 5-MeO-AMT.

Im a sucker for AMT and 5-subs-Ts, so this one seems like a potential winner in my book. I always wanted to try 5-meo-amt despite the bad press... but finally didn´t.

Let´s see about potency and duration. And qualia, for sure. I would speculate you are going to have some microdose effects for 500ugs... Lets see
Trust me, you didn't miss out on anything by skipping 5-meo-amt. It's the roughest compound I've tried from a physical discomfort perspective and lasts forever. It's one of the only substances I've tried with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Its the tryptamine answer to 2c-t-4, just lacking the dissociative properties.

I actually thought it was pretty good, but the bodyload price made it not worth it for me, considering that plenty of other psychedelics are equally or more powerful as psychedelics. I will say that twice I encountered a pretty awesome euphoric trip that I felt was worth it. Regular AMT has bodyload too, but I find it to be always worth it. I'm hoping 5-Cl-AMT is more like AMT than 5-MeO-AMT.

The suspected duration makes it harder to find time to trial this and work up the dosage so it may be some time before I can provide information on this. But I want to do my first trial or two quite soon, as I expect the early trials to be threshold at best.

Good luck researching Xorkoth!
I believe you're treading new waters, there are no previous reports?? How exciting

Not that I'm aware of, but if anyone knows of any, please do link to those!

I actually thought it was pretty good, but the bodyload price made it not worth it for me, considering that plenty of other psychedelics are equally or more powerful as psychedelics. I will say that twice I encountered a pretty awesome euphoric trip that I felt was worth it. Regular AMT has bodyload too, but I find it to be always worth it. I'm hoping 5-Cl-AMT is more like AMT than 5-MeO-AMT.

The suspected duration makes it harder to find time to trial this and work up the dosage so it may be some time before I can provide information on this. But I want to do my first trial or two quite soon, as I expect the early trials to be threshold at best.
Are you planning to take reasonable precautions to prepare for any significant MAOI activity? I've wondered if MAOI activity is behind the awful body load of 5-meo-amt, but on the other hand, AMT itself never caused me any physical issues anywhere close to those caused by its 5-meo counterpart.

Off Topic: Has any study been done on the MAOI activity of AMT vs. 5-meo-amt? I haven't seen one, but I'm very curious how they compare in that department. If 5-meo-amt has significantly stronger effects on MAO, a lot of the negative physical effects would make sense. Clinically significant MAOI activity, exceeding that of AMT, could also help explain why some people have very minor side effects and some (like me) experience such horrific ones. Simple things like variation in diet could make a major impact on the experience.

AMT is a weak MAOI per se. As 5-meo-amt is more potent and therefore less dosage is needed, probably is even a softer MAOI if any. This is speculative but I would say somewhat solid

I think the bodyload comes more for the activation of adrenergic receptors or any others than 5-ht2 type causing it

Are you planning to take reasonable precautions to prepare for any significant MAOI activity? I've wondered if MAOI activity is behind the awful body load of 5-meo-amt, but on the other hand, AMT itself never caused me any physical issues anywhere close to those caused by its 5-meo counterpart.

Yes, my plan is to abstain from foods high in tyramine when I dose it, and start with 500ug. I will work up by doubling the dose until I find a threshold of definite effects, but ideally, very light. At that point I will take the same dose without worrying about diet and see if there is a difference. At some point I will probably stop doubling if the dose gets to 8mg and I still don't reach the threshold, and raise by smaller amounts.

I have never worried about diet for AMT or 5-MeO-AMT. The MAOI dangers of AMT are overstated, IMO, though of course an abundance of caution is preferred over a lack of caution. Of course, I am making no such assumptions about 5-Cl-AMT.

any idea why 4-ho-amt isn't a thing?

Nope, I wonder if it has ever been tried? I think that the roughness of 5-MeO-AMT might have stalled out experimentation with other analogues of AMT.

Nope, I wonder if it has ever been tried? I think that the roughness of 5-MeO-AMT might have stalled out experimentation with other analogues of AMT.

Alexander Shulgin mentions trials in Tihkal:
The 4-hydroxy analogue of a-MT has been looked at in human subjects. It is reported to be markedly visual in its effects, with some subjects reporting dizziness and a depressed feeling. There were, however, several toxic signs at doses of 15 to 20 milligrams orally, including abdominal pain, tachycardia, increased blood pressure and, with several people, headache and diarrhea

I was looking for some information on 5-Cl-AMT... I found this study, which I believe is showing that 5-Cl-AMT produces slightly less MAO inhibition than AMT itself (and far less than 5-MeO-AMT), and is one of the lowest of the 13 mentioned AMT analogues. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

Or actually perhaps it is slightly more than AMT, not less... I see that harmaline has a very low value, and is straight up an MAOI. In either case, 5-Cl-AMT seems to have a similar value for MAO-A inhibition as AMT. If it is substantially more potent (we don't know if it is, yet), then that would mean it wouldn't be much of a concern, right? Since one can take AMT at 75mg or more (of the freebase) without serious concerns, provided you don't mix it with other releasers. I have done so hundreds of times in my life. Of course I am still going to be really careful. I'm just trying to gather whatever intel I can before beginning trials. I'd appreciate if anyone else checked out the link above to help me understand what it tells us.

Last edited:
any idea why 4-ho-amt isn't a thing?

It is a thing, it's just not on the scene really.

The 4-hydroxy analogue of αMT has been looked at in human subjects. It is reported to be markedly visual in its effects, with some subjects reporting dizziness and a depressed feeling. There were, however, several toxic signs at doses of 15 to 20 milligrams orally, including abdominal pain, tachycardia, increased blood pressure and, with several people, headache and diarrhea.

— Alexander Shulgin, (TiHKAL)

I have decided to begin my trials of this one today. I just ingested 1mg. I will post my notes about getting it into solution below. I don't really expect any effects at 1mg, but who knows?

5-Cl-AMT Trials - Workup to Activity
by Xorkoth

1-18-2020 - First Trial

The substance in the bag had the appearance of a uniform, fine powder, ever so slightly tan, with a faint smell, but nothing like AMT itself, However, upon weighing it out, it is mostly made up of rather crystally chunks. Not like beautiful, grown crystals, but like hard, chunky pieces that can be crushed. I needed to make a solution, as my first trial is going to be at only 1mg. I weighed out 22mg of the substance, and at that point I realize all I have that isn't tap water is propylene glycol. So I measured out 22mg of water, got a clean, dry amber vial that holds just over 20mL, and it ended up just filling it, with exactly enough room left to provide the ability to shake it. Rather than break the chunks up, I left them, so as to be able to easily see whether the substance has dissolved.

Upon putting the 5-Cl-AMT in and shaking, the chunks are barely getting smaller, so I prepared a hot water bath and allowed the solution to heat up. Once it reached I would guess about 50 degrees C, I checked it, and the biggest chunk was mostly dissolved.

My set going into this is that I am extremely tired from too little sleep for a couple of days. I jumped off of opiates to get past my most recent relapse, and yesterday at like 5am I took some loperamide. Either the loperamide is still providing relief, or I am just pretty much past withdrawal. I feel pretty good, other than being tired. My setting is at home, about to start a day of work, alone except for my cat. In other words, my usual setting for trialling something where I do not expect strong effects. In reality I don't expect any effects, but I need to work this up very slowly. A study suggests that 5-Cl-AMT has a bit more than twice the MAO-A inhibition as AMT itself, with an IC50 value of 0.25 at MAO-A (and much weaker inhibition at MAO-B, with a value of 80), where AMT itself has an IC50 of 0.38 at MAO-A. In theory, this should mean it is twice as strong an MAO inhibitor. It is also a pure dopamine-serotonin releaser, and has more substantial agonist activity at 5-HT2a (the linked study does not explore 5-HT2a agonism, but I have been told it is the case). This suggests that, if it is more potent than AMT, which it is reasonable to assume it might be, since 5-MeO-AMT is extremely more potent than AMT, it has the potential to be an amazing recreational drug.

Upon checking the PG solution, I am not 100% confident it is dissolved and not just suspended, as I seem to be seeing a bunch of fine particles. So I am going to let that solution sit around for a day or so and see if anything has settled to the bottom. In the meantime, I prepared a water solution of 5mg/mL, 4mL of water in a dram vial, with 20mg of 5-Cl-AMT, the lowest amount I trust my scale to be reasonable accurate with. After shaking for 30 seconds, the solution looks perfectly clear.

I have had caffeine so far today, and that's it. The caffeine succeeded in making me feel awake, rather than having trouble keeping my eyes open.

10:00am (T+0:00) - I ingested 0.2mL of the water solution, or 1mg of 5-Cl-AMT. What a strange taste. I was keeping it in a baggie, in a box, along with a baggie of MXiPR, which is such a stinky chemical, with a strange melted/burned plastic smell; I smell that same smell when I smell the baggie of 5-Cl-AMT, and I taste it a little when I ingested it. There was an additional taste that is leaving an almost sweet aftertaste. I'm not sure how much the taste is due to picking up some MXiPR smell. I am going to spend a little time now getting my newest chems into vials, as my whole closet smells a little like MXiPr.

I'll update later if anything develops.

Shockingly, I am 99% certain I am feeling non-placebo effects. I had to take a stimulant shit, and now I feel motivated and have a smile on my face, and wide awake, although there is no peripheral stimulation, unsurprisingly since there is no NE action in the receptor binding studies. I actually would really like to see what this has to offer a bit more so I just redosed 1mg. I will keep it to just 2mg total.