• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy 4C-D / ARIADNE Thread

Really? That's wild, it stung at first for me but then the pain grew and grew until I was pacing around wishing it would stop. I tried to flush my nose with water and it barely helped. My eyes were watering and the whole side of my face was throbbing after about 15 minutes.

I have tried it at 75mg and 50mg (with 15mg of it snorted), which seemed about the same in strength. I am going to try 100 at once next time, then more, probably increasing it until it seems like I shouldn't anymore or the gram is gone. It seems pretty benign.
I bought 100g Lidocaine 8 years ago for these occasions. When I take anything that irritates my mucous membranes via the nasal or rectal route I sprinkle a tiny bit of lidocaine on top of it and there will be no discomfort and not even an urge to take a shit in the case of rectal use.

However it puts strain on the tissue in its own way which can usually be felt the next day if you're as sensitive as me in that respect.

Those 100g would last me 5 lifetimes and it wasn't expensive either. Worth its weight in Safran, especially when you enjoy 2C's. :D

Interesting, I never thought of that. Nice to see you post. :)

I think it's crazy how drastically a substitution on the phenethylamine's alpha carbon affects potency. The alpha-methyl sub makes DOM about an order of magnitude more potent than 2C-D but extending it to an alpha-ethyl in the case of 4C-D and you're worse off than where you started, potency wise. Wish I understood the quantum chemistry as to why that sweet spot exists, maybe someday. :)

I tried like ~7mg of 4C-D a week or two ago. Unmistakeable hints of psychedelia at that dosage, along with a positive push that lasted throughout the day.

This morning I mixed 10mg of 4C-D in a beer, had a couple hits of cannabis and went on a bike ride. It was more transparent than the 7mg dose, but I also had done a lot of 3-HO-PCP the previous two days, along with a bit of bromazolam, which I've started taking on the plateau/comedown of dissociatives to help mitigate excitotoxicity.

Anyways, after the bike ride I took 20mg of 2C-C and 15 mg of 2C-D in a shot of vodka and then went for a walk in the woods and ended up sitting down on a rock in the middle of the river/stream. I was listening to music and the appreciation for it was greatly enhanced. It was a really good experience. Contemplating both negative and positive aspects of my life but accepting them equally and becoming at peace with who I am, what I've done, and my place in the world. The whole experience was very positively reinforcing. I wasn't really keeping track of time so I'm not sure how long I was there.

When I came home I did a small bit of 3-HO-PCP but decided I didn't really want to do anymore so I just washed what little I had left down the sink. Dissociatives, while they bring many positive aspects to me, are the only class of drugs I've ever had trouble using constructively so I don't mind disposing of them when it's in my best interest.

I'm not sure how informative this is in regard to 4C-D but at least to say it seems to play nice with other substances at low doses. It has a distinctly positive push even at low doses and doesn't seem to have that neutral no-mans land that most psychedelics have, so I can see it being good at just enhancing going about one's day.

It has a distinctly positive push even at low doses and doesn't seem to have that neutral no-mans land that most psychedelics have, so I can see it being good at just enhancing going about one's day.
Yeah, I agree

Was anyone tried this with strong psychedelic tolerance? I'm curious if the effects are due to 5-HT2a agonism or some other mechanism. Without a lab, this seems like a way of inferring one way or the other

I don't think there are a lot of report or people that have it. I have most of a gram left, I plan to do more trials including combos in the future. I don't intend on having a high tolerance at any point in the future, but maybe I could try it the day after a full trip on something, and see whether I feel the effects are diminished significantly.

My impressions regarding dosage after a few trials:

10 mg : Almost imperceptible

20 mg : Definitely felt. Excellent for light mood enhancement, physical activity.

40-50 mg : Probably the sweet spot. Very tactile/erotic, music sounds better; intermittent closed-eye visuals which seem to come in bursts (likely enhanced by cannabis) mostly wireframe-type objects morphing; colors more vivid, shadows more ominous; clearly psychedelic headspace. Sleep difficult (dreams vivid), nonetheless feeling content and rested the next day

90-100 mg: Diminishing returns. All of the above effects, only more pronounced, with more general impairment. Physical side-effects become apparent, in the form of heaviness/aching around the eyes, not unlike an MD(M)A comedown. Don't think I will be pushing this.

Overall, super interesting to have around. Good option if you're having cold feet about full-blown tripping. Probably fun to mix (as I've said, goes great with weed). Also: beautiful shiny powder!

Yeah the powder is gorgeous, isn't it? And the taste is really interesting.

I ate 47mg of 4C-D yesterday and headed to the store on the come-up. Not only did I feel more sociable than normal, I felt like other people wanted to talk to me. A big part of my problem with socializing is just being so in my head and projecting my insecurities onto other people's perceptions of me. That was totally gone. I think this stuff would be a lot of fun at a bar.

After I got home I mixed up 7mg more 4C-D as well as 7mg of 2C-D in a shot glass and plugged it. It was getting dark but I took the dog for a walk. I was outside for about an hour, maybe longer, and it developed into more of a psychedelic experience in that time. 2C-D's complete emotional neutrality began to dominate the experience, but it was O-K. Not every experience has to be filled with euphoria, the experience was unique and that was worthwhile in itself.

As I was playing with my dog he bit me, it was playful but it still made me bleed. Although he's a well behaved dog overall, I realized that I've been letting him get away with way too much and that I need to start paying more attention to training him and such. I was also listening to music the whole time and a couple older projects by Slenderbodies really caught my ear. I've liked their newer stuff but this was even better.

When I got back inside I remembered I had one nitrous charger left and went for it. Probably a mistake because I started feeling super lonely and depressed after that. Thinking about my last relationship and feeling like I'll never do better, not necessarily from the perspective of physical attractiveness, but from the feeling of compatibility I felt with her. We went through so much together, stuff that most normal people never even dream of, and she was always there for me throughout. She was super into drugs too (and alcohol!), and we had so many inside research chemical jokes and I just feel like I could never find that with another woman.
What are you gonna do though..

I also got super depressed the last time I really used any dissos other than nitrous, which was back in November when I played around with MXiPr and DMXE for a few days. That sort of makes me it was the nitrous rather than the 4C-D/2C-D. Although I wouldn't mind a good weeklong MXE escapade or even a vial of ketamine to see if I can't push through the malaise that dissos have given me lately.

Anyways today I felt pretty good. Came across a wonderful old Dover book on thermodynamics and read that for a few hours. It had some really beautiful presentations of energy conservation and reversibility, but that's neither here nor there. When I went to do laundry tonight I struck up a conversation with this super cute girl. I've seen her around my apartment and always wanted to say something but never did. Anyways I ended up getting the digits although she claims that she's talking to someone, but whatever since she invited me to drink with her and her friends sometime. Which I'm cool with as well since I don't have many friends where I live. Plus it just felt so good to step out of my comfort zone and I feel like the 4C-D (or possibly the 2C-D) definitely catalyzed that for me.

It was a beautiful day outside today and I decided I couldn't pass it up. I decided to further explore 4C-D as a primer for psychedelic states.

In the afternoon I drank 61mg of 4C-D in a glass of water. The taste is quite bitter and one of the more unpleasant things I've tasted, but it passes quickly. 50 minutes later I plugged 12mg of 2C-C. My plan was to walk around in the woods with my dog for a couple hours, but I only ended up staying there for a little over an hour, although it seemed like so much longer.

Overall the experience was quite satisfying, although I continually found myself wishing I had taken more 2C-C. The 4C-D seems to lend an extreme sense of calmness throughout the body, and the 2C-C come-up blended in seamlessly. My previous trial (see above post) was visually stronger than I expected, but this was opposite, weaker than I expected. Even at 1.5 hours after the 2C-C I noted that I no longer felt like I was tripping mentally whatsoever. It was mostly just an intense relaxation, like I had just gotten a massage. I felt euphoric, but it wasn't in my face, mostly it was just an extreme contentedness and sense of peace.

I think next I'm going try combining 4C-D with a tryptamine, perhaps 15mg of 4-HO-MiPT. It's been about five years since I've had a full-on 4-sub-tryptamine experience, so rediscovering what that's like will be interesting, and I think 4C-D will lend an anxiolytic effect without dulling the experience.

I bet that would be a great combo, specifically with 4-HO-MiPT.

I bet that would be a great combo, specifically with 4-HO-MiPT.
I ended up plugging 5mg of 4-HO-MiPT yesterday. It was ~2.5 hours after taking the 2C-C so about ~3.5 hours after I took the 4C-D. Ended up wishing I had taken more of the 4-HO-MiPT as well, and then I realized I had a few nitrous chargers left. Spent one on a Pink Floyd track: The lunatic is on the grass. o_O Then used the last five getting through a live Stairway to Heaven. The buildup with the nitrous was perfect and it was one of the more euphoric music experiences I've had.:p

Even 3 hours after the 4-HO-MiPT music was still great and I felt quite euphoric. Whereas 2C-C feels quite peaceful for me, the 4-HO-MiPT feels much more "fun", so to speak. Quite a positive day on the whole.

For next time, I'm thinking maybe 40mg of 4C-D and then eat 17mg of 4-HO-MiPT at the 30 minute mark.

Will be taking 75mg of this for my first time in an hour or so. Actually planned to take some DOiP today but as the wether isn't great and this amphetamine apparently induces a lot of stimulation I decided to switch substances. We'll see how that goes, it's my only dose of 4C-D so hopefully it's enough for a satisfactory experience.

Sweet! I hope you enjoy. It's nothing groundbreaking but I fully enjoyed it. Good way to spend an afternoon. I haven't taken it past 50mg, but I have a feeling 75mg isn't going to be a lot stronger. But looking forward to your observations!

I've actually grown to like this one quite a bit. Once I realized that I enjoyed using it at 30mg as a pro-social drug like alcohol, I really started appreciating it. It's as subtle as a glass of wine or 5mg of sublingual MXE that way, but that's part of the appeal.

I've actually grown to like this one quite a bit. Once I realized that I enjoyed using it at 30mg as a pro-social drug like alcohol, I really started appreciating it. It's as subtle as a glass of wine or 5mg of sublingual MXE that way, but that's part of the appeal.
I can absolutely see that being very enjoyable. 75mg was a nice introduction, but if I would do it again I'd probably go for 125-150mg to see if it can become more psychedelic, or try it at lower doses for the the same reasons you stated. The dose I've tried today was a bit too mild to just sit around and enjoy imo.

I will probably release a short report tomorrow but it was really hard to pin point any specifics so it might be a bit boring to read.

I kind of forgot about 4C-D over the past year, but I remember it being pro-social as well. I generally go phenibut when I need a boost in that department, but I may try 4C-D next time just to mix it up.