• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 4-Pro-DMT Thread

That seems weird that this would degrade so fast, but 1P-LSD or 1B seems fine.. although the ester comes off of a Nitrogen instead of Oxygen.

Furthermore, that this would degrade so much faster than 4-AcO-DMT. Comparing those two is more of an apples to apples kind of comparison. Unless it is, indeed, the freebase and not the fumarate.

Well, I think I can offer evidence that this is indeed the fumarate, or at least not the FB. While I've never tried it, I've always read the sniffing Freebase chems is very painful/stinging. While titrating up, I sniffed about 5mg, and had no stinging and just a mild post nasal drip.

Furthermore, I felt that beginning tryptamine feeling, which leads me to believe it's like 4-aco-dmt not 4-meo-mipt (though isn't proof of course, as really it could be anything.) Then, in a moment of stupidity, which I have a lot of, I took 20 more mgs by mouth 20 minutes later. As far as experiments go, it was horribly designed, considering I have a major tolerance to psychs both longterm and short term (having last tripped only 3 days prior.)

That said I was surprised by the strength of the come up, as I thought my tolerance would kill the trip significantly. Since I hadn't planned any of this except the initial 5mgs, and having not seen another report of 4-PrO-DMT anywhere on the internet, making me "the 1st to try it" online at least, (ignoring anything I've missed elsewhere on the internet,) I mildly freaked out during the come up, and took 4mgs of etizolam. So I can't describe the trip well, other than that the video game I was playing became too complicated and I just watched TV/listened to music. It did seem closer to 4-aco-dmt, then whatever I would guess 4-meo-DMT would feel like (though I can't say I know what that would feel like.) I also had some mild OEVs (which are rare for me without huge doses and/or mixing of substances. But given my tolerance/benzos, I can't say anything concrete about the trip, though I'd bet 10:1 it is an extended 4-aco-dmt vs an extended 4-MeO-DMT (assuming it's one of those two.) I also believe, if it is degraded, it's a very small amount. Typically for a medium trip, when I have waited over a week between trips, 40mgs of 4-aco-dmt works for me, because of my perma-tolerance/large body/crazy enzymes that I've had genetically tested and are super wack. So please no one use me as a dosing guide.

I'll try to give myself at least a full 7 days off before I do another test. And I'll make sure I'm better prepared and can give a better explanation of its differences vs 4-aco-dmt/anything else, assuming I'm able to get to it and aren't too tempted by another chem, lol.

Anyway, just thought I should update. And I guess give the first "trip report." Though I realize it wasn't much of one, lol, I'll try to give a better one under better circumstances. Though I've never been a trip report type of person. Anyways, peace y'all, I hope this proves at least somewhat useful

Ok so I was waiting for reports before trying this one out but since none were appearing I decided to test it myself. I took 20 mg a week ago but I was already on a moderate dose of 1p-lsd so take my report with a grain of salt. It was very active at that dosage and seems close to 4-aco-dmt in terms of potency. The comeup was significantly longer than 4-aco-dmt and the effects reminded me more of shrooms than 4-aco- dmt (I find 4-aco-dmt pretty different from mushroomd by the way). I have never tried pure psylocin but the shroomy effects and the longer comeup could indicate that this one acts more as a pure psylocin pro-drug than the aco version. Again, take this with a grain of salt as I was already on another drug when I took it. I will probably try it on its own next weak at 30 mg, which is my usual dose if 4-aco-dmt to make an honest comparison. I will report back on it.

Thanks for the report! If you feel up to it, an official trip report in the TR subforum would be nice, there are very few of them.

Thanks for the report! If you feel up to it, an official trip report in the TR subforum would be nice, there are very few of them.

Yes, I will post a report once I try it on its own.

I tried microdosing it today. I took 5 mg ( I know, a bit high to be considered a microdose) with my morning dose of methamphetamine. I went walking in the sun with my dog and it felt amazing. Very euphoric and clearheaded. Zero anxiety or bodyload. It doesnt seem to have the heavy stoning/sedating/opioid nod type of effect that 4-aco-dmt has even at low doses. It feels very clean and light on the body comparable to something like 4-aco-mipt body wise. I can,t wait to try it at a proper full dose. I have a feeling this will be a very good one.

Ok, couldnt resist and took a full dose knowing tolerance could be an issue having taken acid and methallylescaline a few days prior. All I can say is this is without a doubt a straight psylocin pro-drug. It took a long time to hit but when it did I knew immediately I was on a 4-HO tryptamine. Much darker and serious vibe than the 4-aco counterpart. Not that visual with lights on but when you close the lights it gets very very intense. The effects were exactly the same as mushrooms. 30 mg was identical to 3-4 grams of dried mushrooms prepared with lemon tek. So it seems like we have psylocibin 2.0 here.

This should end once and for all the debate as to whether the 4-aco tryptamines are different drugs with their own activity or are only pro-drugs to 4-HO. I can,t believe people still go around all over the internet saying that 4-aco-dmt is just a psylocin pro-drug. These people should try 4-pro-dmt to understand what a 4-ho-dmt pro-drug really feels like. The people choosing to approach this one like they would approach 4-aco-dmt are in for a serious reality check.

Last edited:
By the way I took it in the exact same setting (my appartment) as the 3,5g cubensis lemon tek extraction I took this winter and could not pinpoint any significant difference between both experiences. Another thing that makes me believe it is only active once metabolised to 4-HO-DMT : I tried a booster dose of 10 mg about 2 hours in. I administered it rectally to see how it would behave and it took a while before I felt it. I usually feel 4-sub tryptamines (both 4-HO and 4-ACO) immediately when administered this way like so fast I litterally start feeling the effects while I am still pushing on the plunger of the seringe. Anyone else tried it yet to confirm if their experience is in line with what I am describing ?

Years ago I had rather hygroscopic 4-AcO-MiPT that was a dark goo direct from the vendor. However there was definitely no degradation of the effects. The change to dark goo was simply from the moisture and not degradation of the molecule.

This blogger says it felt unlike both psilocin and 4-aco-DMT :

Anybody who has this have you noticed any degradation like what happened to +96+ sample we saw the picture of. Are you guys keeping it in the freezer and its maintaining its color like 4-AcO-DMT does for the most part. Thinking about picking this up but my main vendor who has it has a minimum amount you have to order and I'm concerned if I had a good deal of it the stuff will lose its potency on me. I'm seriously intrested in this as 4-AcO-DMT is one of my favorites. Probably going to take the plunge and scoop up the 4-Pro-DMT but I'd feel better about it if others aren't having that issue.

Anybody who has this have you noticed any degradation like what happened to +96+ sample we saw the picture of. Are you guys keeping it in the freezer and its maintaining its color like 4-AcO-DMT does for the most part. Thinking about picking this up but my main vendor who has it has a minimum amount you have to order and I'm concerned if I had a good deal of it the stuff will lose its potency on me. I'm seriously intrested in this as 4-AcO-DMT is one of my favorites. Probably going to take the plunge and scoop up the 4-Pro-DMT but I'd feel better about it if others aren't having that issue.
I kept it in less than ideal conditions when I bought some a while ago. I kept it for a month and it showed no changes in appearance or potency. A month is not that long so I can't say how it behaves over a longer period.

It was the fumarate salt and was a clumpy red-ish powder. I stored it in a ziplock bag at room temps in the summer so not the best conditions. I don't see why it would degrade if you keep it airtight in the freezer with dessicants.

Last edited:
Ok, couldnt resist and took a full dose knowing tolerance could be an issue having taken acid and methallylescaline a few days prior. All I can say is this is without a doubt a straight psylocin pro-drug. It took a long time to hit but when it did I knew immediately I was on a 4-HO tryptamine. Much darker and serious vibe than the 4-aco counterpart. Not that visual with lights on but when you close the lights it gets very very intense. The effects were exactly the same as mushrooms. 30 mg was identical to 3-4 grams of dried mushrooms prepared with lemon tek. So it seems like we have psylocibin 2.0 here.

This should end once and for all the debate as to whether the 4-aco tryptamines are different drugs with their own activity or are only pro-drugs to 4-HO. I can,t believe people still go around all over the internet saying that 4-aco-dmt is just a psylocin pro-drug. These people should try 4-pro-dmt to understand what a 4-ho-dmt pro-drug really feels like. The people choosing to approach this one like they would approach 4-aco-dmt are in for a serious reality check.

That's interesting. I agree totally re Psilacetin being a far cry from Psilocin, and the same with ALL 4-AcO vs 4-HO subs. Anybody who says they're the same hasn't tried em. That this seems a true pro-drug in your opinion makes me consider it.

This makes me very very curious about 4-pro-MET, 4-pro-MiPT, and especially 4-pro-DPT.
I'm very excited to try 4-pro-DMT...might pick up some this weekend!!!

Seems suspicious that someone was calling this straight-up psylocibin 2.0 one year ago, and yet it's not insanely popular... Guess I'll have to go decide for myself. :)

i have around 400 mg of this. is it safe to say it will behave like 4 aco dmt or psilocybin?

Just tried it recently and pretty much agree with the reports so far, it feels like a slightly more stimulating 4-aco-dmt, maybe a bit more clear but just as much of the deep, introspective headspace and no extra physical side effects. It has a lot of potential for sure, I wouldn't rank it very far down on the list of top-tier tryptamines

From what I gather, it's closer to psilocin than 4-AcO-DMT is. Myself and many others find 4-AcO-DMT to be more like oral smoked DMT than it is like psilocin. Of course, I haven't tried it myself, and there aren't many reports. I would bet that that is partly, at least, due to reports of people receiving it and it quickly turning very dark in color, suggesting rapid deterioration. I remember that being reported, was it the case for you?

I would bet that that is partly, at least, due to reports of people receiving it and it quickly turning very dark in color, suggesting rapid deterioration. I remember that being reported, was it the case for you?

I ordered a decent amount of this but haven't found the right moment to sample it. Soon!

Anyway, what I received was very dark brown. I wrote to the supplier (who has always been totally reliable in the past) and their answer was that this was the color it was when they got it, and that there should be no effect on the quality... We shall see...