• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy 2C-EF Thread

do you mean you have a realistic way of getting it, or are you just expressing your hope that sometimes in the future a reliable RC vendor will come and offer this compound?
A lab is currently working on synthing a large batch. Hopefully they will succeed =D

Hopefully there will be no virulent mitochondrial poisons either evolved in vivo, or left behind in a shoddy synthesis.

What would compel you to bring this up?

He's probably thinking of fluoroacetate, which completely shuts down the citric acid cycle in mitochondria. A lethal dose in humans is thought to be around 1-2 mg/kg. One possible route to 2C-EF would involve the use of fluoroacetic acid or an activated form like the anhydride to acylate 2,5-H, followed by reduction.

He's probably thinking of fluoroacetate, which completely shuts down the citric acid cycle in mitochondria. A lethal dose in humans is thought to be around 1-2 mg/kg. One possible route to 2C-EF would involve the use of fluoroacetic acid or an activated form like the anhydride to acylate 2,5-H, followed by reduction.

Thought this only applied to compounds with an even number of fluoros like 2C-T-21.

Concern over fluoroacetate. Hopefully nothing, but still, I want to know where that F- goes, metabolically speaking. Or nephrotoxicity if the defluorination produces fluoride ion. Shulgin's publicised route in PIHKAL doesn't use fluoroacetate, but TFA anhydride, but bugger knows how the chinks would choose to do things. Can't say I have too much faith in their benign good will and talent.

Amounts of fluoride liberated probably wouldn't be sufficient to really do any harm from the projected dose levels of this one, but if theres any chance of fluoroacetate being liberated in vivo, or lurking as an impurity I'd not want to be the poor cunt that finds out.

Edit-re-even number of fluorine atoms..no, its the length of the carbon chain. Fluorine is generally pretty damn hard to rip off things metabolically speaking, but it does happen in some cases, such as some of the fluoroether inhalational anaesthetics, and iirc halothane also. But I don't know of (which isn't to say there are none) any polydefluorinations of similar substrates (e.g TFA isn't metabolized to fluoroacetate)

Last edited:
Bump for prune. fastandbulbous synthed this and wroter a TR, and some of his friends also wrote TRs... sounds like the pinnacle of the 2C-X series, if you ask me. Wish someone would make it available.

Right? Doesn't sound like it would be difficult or expensive either

Sightings of this one have appeared and just curious if anyone else has experienced it or has more info...

Oh my god so exciting if this is available... I really need to find it! Been wanting to try this for fucking ever!

Getting some, 100mg, from my vendor who won't have any more, cuz he is retiring soon, but is anyone positive about dosage range? Not finding much info online. Was thinking of maybe starting off at 10mg

From fastandfabulous' report, 10mg seems like it would be a good, possibly strong, dose for this.

Because 2c-ef is like 2c-e but with a flourine added to the end of the ethyl group, it sort of puts it between 2c-e and 2c-p (with it's propyl) in terms of molecular shape, so it might be reasonable to interpolate that 10mg would be a good dose in that light as well - 10mg is a bit of a medium-low dose for 2c-e and a medium-high dose for 2c-p.

So jealous. Be sure to report back.

I will def report back. Still have trouble finding any info on it. Anyone have idea of duration? Similar duration to 2c-e?

Here's a link to the 2 reports we have on Bluelight: Search link

I hope you write one of your own... and I hope it's more detailed than those two!

Thanks. Think the first one is also on erowid.

I'll write one; trust me mine get pretty detailed. Assuming it works. Psychs haven't worked lately-mainly tryptamines-but this isn't a tryptamine, but merely phenethylamine, right? Hopeful.

Damn SSRI's. Only took them for like 2 years. Been about 5 months or so since I've tried, so I'm hoping my receptors healed.