• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy 2C-EF Thread

I really have chosen the wrong studies =D

Maybe some young drug nerds lurking around here will grant us our wish in the future.
Where I live 2C-B used to be pretty big, it isn't any more though. People are all about overpriced mephedrone and shit MDMA nowadays :(

There are some TRs. Apparently it is very comfortable and euphoric, and also deep. People seem to rate it really highly. I have heard it compared to 2C-E but way friendlier (although I can't say all the reports make it seem much like 2C-E).

I'd send you a link to all the 2C-EF reports on Bluelight but I haven't figured out how to make the tagging system work with the new software yet. I think we have 4 or 5 reports on it.

Almost anyone I run into who is into tripping even moderately knows about 2C-B is... around here they call it "the bees". In certain markets there are pressed pills and also grams of powder. I think there was a time, for sure, when there was a ton more of the other 2C-Xs being made, but these are not those days.

Anyway, I do really wonder why 2C-EF is such a unicorn, given it's apparently not that hard to synth?
I heard 2c-b Is circulating allot around the scene in Latin America. Glad I stocked up on that one.

Got 2c-b and other 2cs on the street in caps a long time ago.

I got 2C-E in a cap once (pretty positive anyway) that was sold to me as mescaline, before I knew about RCs very much. 2 years before that, a neighbor was selling doses of "foxy" (5-MeO-DiPT but he didn't tell us that), which were a whopping 20mg per dose, but he was selling it in shots of water. People around my area often know about DOC and AL-LAD, and ALD-52. And 2C-B, and 2C-I and 2C-E. It pretty much ends there though.

A guy in the town I grew up was selling 5-MeO-DMT as regular DMT when I was a teenager. It was very easily available on the clearnet cheap in bulk. Talk about a switcharoo. Same guy told some other people that it was PCP, was a pretty shitty dude. Not that it's a bad drug, but something you would wanna be prepared for I assume. I never did it cuz I knew not to trust him. I've always been nervous to give that one try.

But if someone have me a gelcap of 2C-EF I'd be a happy camper.
Really hope someone has a sizable amount of this made.

The reason some reports have come out recently is because an old email vendor who was going out of business had small lots of 100mg each to sell, he had like a gram total or something, that's it. I almost went for it but it was just way too expensive. The reports from earlier years on Bluelight were because fastandbulbous synthed it (he was likely the first since Shulgin only synthed DOEF) and wrote a report and so did some of his friends that got to try it. I don't think there's ever been a large-scale synth of it.

I wonder how fastandbulbous is doing, what a prolific bluelighter he was. Definetly one of the giants in this scene. I remember the day he posted his methoxetamine report, that one was a game changer. I'd received a sample from one of the early commercial batches synthesized. Remember listening to a Deerhunter album on my first trial, what a day that was. He fell off the map afterwords. I do remember reading about him and B9's trip on the 2C-EF, that's what ignited my interest in the compound.

Hope all is well with him and he would stop by sometime, what a genius he is :)

I got some 2C-EF. I'll probably try it some time this month.

If it's really as outstanding as people say it is, I wonder how many of the other fluorinated 2Cs are great too. There are 2 positions on an ethyl group that can each have multiple fluorine atoms, giving a total of 11 possible combinations. Then there are 35 ways to fluorinate the propyl on 2C-P, and you could also have fluorinated methyl, isopropyl, allyl, etc.

This pdf is pretty interesting. It mentions a bunch of obscure fluorinated psychedelics. 2C-TFE apparently is equally potent to 2C-EF but much longer lasting.

Has anybody here read Daniel Trachsels Phenethylamine Von der Struktur zur Funktion? Unfortunately I can't because it has only been published in German, but I know it talks about a lot of obscure phenethylamine psychedelics. I don't know if it has trip reports like in PIHKAL. I'm guessing it probably doesn't or else it would be talked about more. Still, it seems interesting. Apparently Trachsel has created a lot of psychedelic phenethylamines, basically a continuation of Shulgins work.

Attachments

• external.pdf
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 21
I also just received some 2C-EF today. After splitting with some friends I will end up with about 150mg. It's flaky like 2C-E and 2C-P, but very sparkly, almost as sparkly as 4C-D or 3C-P/3C-E. Of all the powders I've seen, it looks most similar to 2C-E. It's definitely distinct-looking, as opposed to a lot of drugs that all kinda just look like a fine white powder. I'm planning to take a little tolerance break (2 festival weekends in a row so lots of tripping) and then give this a shot. Not sure what my first dose will be but I will certainly write a report. I'm very excited, I've wanted to taste this ever since f&b and friends wrote reports on the batch he synthed. :)

Fascinating, cj. I never realized there is so much you can do with fluorine atoms. I know there is 2C-TFM, trifluoromethyl (a variation of 2C-D), which is also supposed to be fantastic. I can't wait to try 2C-EF, as I absolutely love 2C-E, and it has been compared to 2C-E in depth and fullness of psychedelia, yet light-hearted and euphoric and easy on the body. I'm so interested now to know how different combinations of fluorine atoms on the non-halogenated 2C-Xs/DOXs will alter their effects.

Lambda:

Glad to hear you'll be trying some of this too cj187, really looking forward to what you'll have to say about! :) We're about to be getting some too but have officially started our drug break through the end of the year now, so sadly we'll just be watching the results others get with for a bit, though quite eagerly nonetheless.

I don't want to detract from the excitement about this molecule, I feel it too, though personally I'm waiting until there are more than just a few reports of mostly only first times (and even combinations with methoxetamine) before expecting too much from it. As far as I can tell there's a pretty good amount of variance in how people react to individual phenethylamines, perhaps meaningfully more so than tryptamines or lysergamides, and I won't be surprised if this one is no different. Still, it does sound fantastic from what little has been written about it so far.

That study is one of my favorites too. :) 2C-TFE is the one that always interested me the most too, for both the duration and the obviously still significant potency. I feel like I saw that German publication translated it once and there weren't any direct trip reports in it too, but I could be totally wrong about what it actually was that was translated.... I wouldn't mind getting a refresher either if someone could help with it.

Xorkoth, as you know we will very much be looking forward to what you have to say about it as well when you do get around to it. ?

Also, don't forget about the other halogens. :) I'd be absolutely ecstatic to try 2C-TCP, if for no reason other than testing all the possibilities. And let's not forget 2C-FDBDCDIiP! ;)

(That would be 2C-iP with a fluorine in the remaining hydrogen position at the base carbon of the isopropyl, along with an arrangement of two bromines, two chlorines, and two iodines around the two terminal carbons of the isopropyl. :))

2Cs are so interesting.... I remember reading on I think The Hive once about a cyano 2C-T derivative that sounded pretty interesting too. We truly have only just barely scratched the surface of what is possible with these molecules.... I'm pretty sure 2C-T-13 proves that as well.

Fascinating. :) I wonder how difficult these syntheses are? That would probably be the biggest factor in the likelihood of us ever tasting some of this stuff personally. I've heard 2C-EF is a difficult synth, hence the rarity and cost. Then again, 2C-T-21 is the ethylfluoro thiophenethylamine, and it's been made available a few times, and for a much more reasonable price.

Purchased a sample of 2C-EF.

Going to be running my first trial with this compound in 7 days. Want to make sure to have reduced my tolerance a bit before I go dosing this rare gem for the first time. I'm planning on going with 6-7mgs taken early in the morning.

I'm going to be taking notes throughout the experience and will work the dose up over time. Thinking this one is going to really shine in the 10-12mg range but im not pushing the dose up fast and want to have numerous experiences and write a retrospective trip report.

So be on the lookout for me to be talking about this next week, I'm going to try and work on my writing and take my time and do this compound justice. I'm going to be using it strictly on it's own to take in its complete majesty.

Last edited:
After reading everything I could find about 2C-EF (which was not a lot) I decided to weigh out a dose of 12mg. I may take it tomorrow, but I was pretty sick a few days ago and I'm still not 100% recovered, so maybe I'll wait.

I think the reason other halogens besides fluorine haven't been used is because they are too reactive when attached to a non-aromatic carbon and could cause toxicity. But it could be interesting to halogenate the unsubstituted positions on the phenyl ring of the 2Cs. I think those would be active psychedelics because 2 and 2,6-halogenated mescaline analogs have been tested and were potent. There's an article about that on Erowid.

The synthesis of 2C-EF isn't really comparable to the synthesis of 2C-T-21 because you aren't attaching the fluoroethyl group to the same place. Look at the PIHKAL entry for 2C-T-21, where the fluoroethyl group is attached to the sulfur with one simple reaction, then look at the entry for DOEF, where it takes quite a few steps just to get from DOB to DOEF.

Lambda:

Looking forward to what you'll have to say. :) Also...

I think the reason other halogens besides fluorine haven't been used is because they are too reactive when attached to a non-aromatic carbon and could cause toxicity.

...I'm not doubting you, but do you have any idea of the actual common mechanisms or implications of said toxicity? This would be extremely meaningful information for us to have as, frankly, we already have a chloroalkylated drug in our possession.

Halogens can act as leaving groups, forming carbocations, which are not stable and can easily form bonds with other chemicals. Haloalkanes, like ethyl iodide for example, are commonly used in chemistry as alkylating agents. In your body they'll react with molecules such as DNA.

Lambda:

Well, fantastic.... I guess that purchase is going down the drain then. :rolleyes: It's actually a synthetic cannabinoid so it's honestly not a huge loss, it was just the only one that had sounded remotely good to us at all since the JWH days, so we decided to buy a small amount of it. I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up about that terrifying branch of gray market chemistry but it really did sound like a nice one (and appeared to be so far, we tried it few times at low dosages). Ah, well. Ironically, along with it they sent a "sample" of another synthetic cannabinoid that is so potent that it's only one tenth the weight of what we got of the first one but amounts to more doses of any other one drug we will ever own in our entire life, and that one does not contain any halogens. Unfortunately, I'm not too keen on trying to work with synthetic cannabinoids that are as potent as fentanyl analogues....

Thanks for the clarification. ?

Actually I think chlorine is quite a bit less reactive than bromine or iodine, so maybe your cannabinoid isn't too dangerous. But it's not totally nonreactive the way it would be with fluorine, so it would be best to avoid using it until you get advice from someone more knowledgeable than me.

Lambda:

Hmmmmm.... Well, that's good to know, but I definitely still have a lot more reservations about it now. :cautious: I do appreciate the insight either way. Hopefully someone else will come along eventually that has more to say about it, but it's probably hoping a little too much that they'll ever actually have any idea about what to expect from this particular chemical, which for the record is 5C-AB-PINACA. When we got it we figured at the very least it wasn't some crazy ass ten-tiny-changes-away-from-JWH hideous chemical monstrosity, it's literally just a drug designed by Pfizer (AB-PINACA) with that chlorine attached, ironically thinking that would probably be a fairly innocuous change for what it is. The nice thing about it is that you can just take it orally with no extra preparation and it requires double-digit milligram dosages and lasts around an entire twenty-four hours when you do so, that last thing which I suppose not everyone would find nice but we did. Seems to check all the boxes of easily usable in a less addictive way that also doesn't require heating and inhaling some random chemical, extremely easy and safe to measure compared to basically all other currently available synthetic cannabinoids, and also long-lasting enough to also significantly reduce addictiveness and make the experience much easier to get more out of overall, on top of the fact that it actually has pretty great reviews for a modern synthetic cannabinoid and especially a less potent one, and just speaking from experience actually does kind of come off as surprisingly psychedelic-like and satisfying, it actually once gave us a good cathartic cry like 2C-E already. A real shame that it could be brought down by such a small but significant overlooked problem.... Again I will be holding out hope that someone else adds some more positive insights but I'm probably not going to keep my fingers crossed. Well, at least we only have so much to use, maybe we'll still take it a few more times at least throughout life just so that we can see a little bit more of what it can do, based on the number of times other people have used it so far I think we're unlikely to get horrible toxicity just from that at least....

Anyway, not to get too off topic.... I would be very interested to see some more of the 2,6-halogenated phenethylamines myself as well. I'm betting that a lot of them would be pretty subpar and unremarkable but that taking the time to slowly explore all the possibilities like Dr. Shulgin did and would have for these would reveal some true gems along the way that we could then continue building off of from there.

Last edited:
I took 3mg of 2C-EF orally about an hour ago as an "allergy test". I should have started lower I suppose but I trust the source. In any case, it came on quite quickly, within 15-20 minutes. I feel lovely and wonderful. At 3mg it's rather subtle but my mood is great, I was tired and a bit anxious before I took it and now I feel like all is right with the world. Colors are slightly enhanced. My body feels fantastic, like smooth velvet is lightly touching all of my skin. Pretty entactogenic. I am excited to try a full dose in a week or two, I may jump in at 10 or 12mg and just really see what this is about. Right now there isn't any of the depth of thought of 2C-E... at 3mg, 2C-E gives me a lot of thought, sometimes confrontational. This seems entirely recreational at this dose, but I am quite sure there is more here to explore at higher dosages.

I may plug a bit more soon, I am having a 4th of July party at my house with some friends and this feels like a wonderful thing for socialization.

I'm compiling notes for a report, depending on how it goes I might post it separately or I might wait until I do a full dose and compile them together.