View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy PiPT thread

hugo24

Bluelighter
Propyls on the simple tryptamine series have always been good and restored the lost drama,if you compare for example with ethyl (maybe with some loss in potency noticeable).

On the other side,isopropyl did always add some reliance on (oral) potency/activity or add a distinct new flavour (usually with quite an increase in potency and duration).Propyl-isopropyl should theoretically be an interesting new mix on the tryptamine nitrogen.

Of the known simple isopropyl tryptamines,all have activity at 25mg,10mg could at least be felt,in the case for MIPT and DIPT.The closest thing known is EIPT which in TIHKAL sounded quite out of synch in regards to qualitative effects,but the dose range 25-40mg falls into expectations.Quite similar were the expectations for PIPT,but with some improved quality.So I was quite thrilled then to start the testing.This to all the prerequisites and expectations (you always have them)

25mg orally of PIPT freebase were indeed the first dose were at least some effects could be suspected,but it was surprisingly weak,almost placebo like.Maybe a hint of visual enhancement typical of trypties onset,followed by a headache (not from the compound I guess),maybe objects moved a bit but my thinking was clear as before.No cardiovaskular signs noted,but the most distinct effect seemed a certain degree of "throat and lung stimulation",something I know of certain DO's and stimulants.After 2-3h everything was gone.The body rejected nothing,and the expectations were still in place,maybe it takes a somewhat larger dose as MGS suggested.While I know that I can't take up much from oral DPT unless going 200-300mg,MPT was active at 50mg.

It was judged that a doubling again of the dose would be safe.Now I'm still in the process of making up my mind on the 50mg dose.But surely,not much happened.Hopefully the stock will last into full activity :(
To be continued.

Last edited:
Hugo, you're my hero!!

Seriously, if you check my posts here over the year, you'll find me begging and groveling for further research into PiPT.

Please keep us posted :).

There is the (small) possibility rhat PiPT is MAO-prone, btw.

I have no firsthand experiance with this chem, but I have a feeling it will be very succeptable to mao like dpt, and it may show no non-placebo effects until at least the 100mg mark orally. This is not to say that insufflation or smoking the freebase may be more effective as these routes are exposed to much less mao. Still, it is the epitome of a research chemical, so be very careful with your explorations. Keep us posted and send your findings to erowid!!!

Egor

Yeah I was going to say, lack of oral activity doesn't mean much. Although (as far as I am concerned) the oral route is ideal, some of these tryptamines (DPT comes to mind) are simply better by other routes.

I say smoke some!

Yeah some tryptamines are better by the smoking route (DET and DPT come to mind),but has this been the case for any of the isopropyls?MIPT is about the same oral vs. smoked,DIPT doesen't get more potent either,maybe the quality changes.And EIPT appears to be active orally in the same dose range as expected for the smoking route,though never tried.I think the whole concept of the isopropyl group was to protect it against MAO/make it orally active.

But yes,I surely will put aside enough for smoking trials,don't wanna waste too much precious PIPT for my MAO the sucking bitch :eek: .

Sorry to go off-topic.....but have you tried MIPT via smoking? How did you find it. What did you think of MiPT in general, compared to other (i)-propyl-containing tryptamines?

MGS-didn't smoke it personally,just judging the sparse information available.Didn't you post recently about a friend smoking it with same boring results?

Might try 100mg PIPT orally first,then as next smoke some 25mg.

From your post in the MET thread from 8. Dez. :

"I actually saw notes last night of someone who did smoke MiPT and the reported effects didn’t seem too much different from swallowing it. And no rush either."

Sorry,I wasn't clear.But MIPT appears to be the same horse on all ways of administering.

I linked to this in the Best of PD page. I know it's little and has no real information right now, but for the sake of completeness it should be linked to. Plus, I'm hoping someone tries it.

Here's what happened with 53mg.I expected I would feel distinct effects since 25mg showed some threshold effects:

3h's after I ate some food,I took 53mg PIPT.15min later,just coming out from a shower,I noted some visual enhancement,the colored tiles on the wall glowed in a rewarding way,another 5min later the same throat paresthesie/stimulation of the earlier experiment could be felt more pronounced,its a bit like on 2C-B.A trace of nausea manifests,but still at T+45min there was almost nothing relevant happening,and yet I think I'm way above baseline of something.

I checked for altered auditory perception,my own voice sounded a bit strange,but nothing else.But theres a distinct euphoria/stimulation building up from the stomach,reminding me of MDMA.

At +1h,I wrote down that its definitively active,but what it is?I put on TV to see the news,the face of the speaker looked distorted,but didn't move,it just looked strange-is this an early sign of a sense distorter?Some tactile enhancement was noted,but the compound is neither erotic nor pushing me to do anything in that direction.At T+2h,still something going on,but it is already on the wane,30min later I was out,no after effects.

Conclusion:the chronology can be determined with some accuracy,but the nature of the effects are not yet apparent.A clear +1,confirming the plus/minus of the 25mg experiment.So a higher dose is necessary.