• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big and Dandy 3-MeO-2-oxo-PCPr (MXPr) Thread

The TR I saw said it would likely be easier to hole on MXPr.

3-MeO-PCPr has higher affinity for the NMDA receptor and lower SERT affinity than 3-MeO-PCE. If that relation holds for the β-ketones then MXPr should have higher NMDA receptor affinity and lower SERT affinity compared to MXE. Which would suggest it's a bit less stimulating than MXE, right in line with the TR's so far.

I think if MXPr can retain the MXE magic but be a bit more sedating it would be something special. The one drawback for me with MXE was it's somewhat stimulating nature made it fairly hard to hole with tolerance.

I just hope if it's less stimulating it's still as amazing at catalyzing creating music. I had just started making music when I got my last batch of MXE and using it created some otherworldy beautiful piano recordings that I absolutely did not have the skill to make otherwise. No other drug has ever tapped me into musicality like MXE has. I could see where everything wanted to and should go, I could play it even without skill, etc.

^That's weird. It's about the only thing that had me disappointed about MXE, that it did not help with any musician's appetite, and maybe even diminished it. Then again, it coincided with a general crisis about music genres, anything with a beat started sounding militaristic and therefore like a somewhat silly expenditure of energy. It took hanging out online with some impressive engineering minds to make electronic 4x4 seem sensible again. If technology is broader than warfare, then techno too is broader than the march towards death and demise.

All this promising news on MXPr has me worried though. It all sounds awfully tempting right now I'm planning to give the kidneys a bit more love. I have no problem having some crumbs of ketamine lying around unused, but I'm sure the same doesn't apply to a substance I can plug and hole and relive the happiest time of my life with..

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, the first batch of 3.5g I had that lasted a year or two was weird with music. Everything except post-rock and ambient/downtempo sounded odd. But, 2 or so years later, the next batch was amazing for creating music - don't remember what it was like for listening.

Interesting stuff. I always preferred Ketamine to MXE myself and i never really thought about venturing any further in to the world of disso's since having K but i've been feeling a bit more adventurous lately and got curious about DXM after watching a few videos. Maybe i will join you guys in being a guinea pig :) lol

^That's weird. It's about the only thing that had me disappointed about MXE, that it did not help with any musician's appetite, and maybe even diminished it. Then again, it coincided with a general crisis about music genres, anything with a beat started sounding militaristic and therefore like a somewhat silly expenditure of energy. It took hanging out online with some impressive engineering minds to make electronic 4x4 seem sensible again. If technology is broader than warfare, then techno too is broader than the march towards death and demise.

All this promising news on MXPr has me worried though. It all sounds awfully tempting right now I'm planning to give the kidneys a bit more love. I have no problem having some crumbs of ketamine lying around unused, but I'm sure the same doesn't apply to a substance I can plug and hole and relive the happiest time of my life with..
I find that any amount of ketamine makes me really analytical with music and kind of a bit cold towards it but in kind of a nice way? I've always enjoyed music on K but I could see how maybe someone else would feel a bit numb towards it ESPECIALLY with MXE, personally i felt a diminished sense of euphoria and connectedness with MXE despite it being more energetic than ket. That is just my experience.

I'm interested to see how MXPr compares, but this is my experience with dissociatives (I stick to low doses ~10-15mg with tolerance and one redose).

MXE:
dissociative -> stimulation

O-PCE:
stimulation -> dissociative

3-MeO-PCP:
stimulation and dissociative state overlap (be extra careful)

3-MeO-PCE:
Like a crappy O-PCE/3-MeO-PCP, without the "magic" that all the others have. (only done low doses and don't want to try higher)

Last edited:
3-MeO-PCE has been kinda hit or miss for me. At times, I've achieved the low-dose-MXE-level of magic with it, but others it just made me feel retarded.

I feel so excited about MXPr, but can't order to my home right now, so I'll live vicariously through you guys. Please bring on the reports !

You're even saying the please word now?

Well damn. Then I'm not gonna say 'no' to a drug seemingly named to resemble something close to mix professor.

:geek:

Lots of reports should be coming in this week, excited for them, because up until now we were going off of 1 or 2 'credible' reports :)

how do we know it’s not horribly neurotoxic? don’t nmda antagonists have a bit of potential for neurotoxicity?

I don't know of any research showing that arylcyclohexylamines have any particular potential for neurotoxicity. We know that excessive chronic NMDA antagonism can be neurotoxic, but the bigger risk even there is kidney and bladder damage. Some seem very sensitive and get serious damage quickly, whereas most can abuse ketamine moderately (ketamine is the biggest culprit, because of its high dosage and probably largely also popularity) and never get noticeable damage if they don't continue for years. I know of no evidence that any of the other ACHs have been particularly neurotoxic (ketamine, MXE, MXM, O-PCE, O-PCM, PCP, the 3-MeOs and 3-HOs of all of these, maybe more I'm forgetting), so I don't see any reason why this one should be different. But I guess we don't know for sure.

oh, i was always under the impression k was neurotoxic. figured getting weird came at the cost of a few brain cells. gives monkeys lesions.

yeah i’ve heard of k bladder. i’ve done about a gram of k over my lifetime and pee fine. so i figure a gram of this stuff is ok.

Last edited:
Just remember, water is your friend. Heart (electrolytes! volume!) and kidneys (flush flush flush) will be arguing back and forth over it, but it should be possible to get it just right if ol' brainy up there is free enough to pay attention.

I was going to reply about Olney's lesions, but realized I should be sure about what I was saying, and I learned something. In 2009 a study was done on deceased patients who had received a therapeutic treatment of adamantine, and no evidence of lesions were found, which is why I was about to say that no evidence of lesions has been found in humans, only rats. Although the original experiments in the 1980s only demonstrated lesions in the brains of rats who were given repeated, huge doses of NMDA antagonists, in 2013 a study was done on human ketamine addicts (people who have chronically taken huge doses of NMDA antagonsists) and found lesions present depending on the duration of addiction and amount of daily intake. Notably this required daily intake for significant durations of time. However it does appear NMDA antagonists (likely any of them as the rat experiments showed them with various agents) cause Olney's lesions in humans too, but significant abuse is required. Doing a gram of one of them over time is not going to be cause for concern. MXPr itself has been studied before, and to my knowledge no NMDA antagonist has ever been shown to be dangerous in terms of toxicity with occasional use and reasonable dosages. Ketamine itself is given for anesthesia at many times the recreational dose (but of course a normal person might only ever receive a few such doses in a lifetime).

As long as I've not been ripped off (new vendor) I should have a gram to sample within the next week. I really hope it's similar to MXE :)

I should be getting a sample of this soon, very excited to try it and write a nice long report for it ~

Looking forward to reading about it. :) I should be getting some in the next couple of weeks, too.