It’s time to kick my head, it’s time to cut my neck

A body without a soul, my head is bleeding on the floor

The cross comes out of my anus

Its filth is my filth

Its lies are my lies

Its shit is my shit

I finally relax

The needle goes deep again

Just wondering, but why is religion so significant to you? Do you seek spirituality or are you running from it?

I would say that I do not have a strong personal reason, however, I agree that religion is something that need to be extinct for God’s sake. I include all religions in this bag.

Would you like to tell your history?

Gay boy raised in the southern US, fundamental baptist church, told I was an abomination and going to hell. Worried on a nightly basis I'd die in my sleep. Moved away when I was 10 and stopped going to church. Got exposed to atheism.

I can imagine what you lived. This type of prejudice against freedom of expression is a good example of why religion should be extinct. It may be useful for some people, but this usefulness can also be reached through faith. As an institution, nevertheless, it is one of the worse, perhaps the worst.

If people find peace through it, I'm glad for them. But it's not for me. I respect the hell out of someone who is deeply religious as an individual. Who I'm less appreciative of are those who proselytize and try to intrude upon public ground.

I'll never try to convert a believer into an atheist so I expect the same respect in return.

I have a different point of view. I believe people must be more radical concerning religion, pressing the governments to tax churches, trying to exclude religion from education of children. Attitudes like that are helpful for humanity. Unfortunately, in some countries, religious extremism is growing again. This is, under certain aspects, also political, as religious extremism allows fascist rulers (or semi fascist rulers (as Trump in some way), or dictators) to perpetuate their powers.

Last edited:
I used to have a much tougher stance as well, I get where you're coming from. My big thing is, I just don't want to hear it, don't walk up to me and start preaching, don't force me to listen to some mass prayer that I didn't consent to.

Of course children shouldn't be subjected to it unless that's a choice their parents make. Not in school or any other public space. Sure, it's my opinion that a child would grow up healthier without it completely, but I don't think we should cross that line of letting parents lose that freedom.

You have to approach it thinking about the lesser of two evils. Run the risk of having a percentage of the population indoctrinated at a young age with the possibility of reforming when they become an adult OR give the government the ability to control our lives even more than they already do.

In non-Western countries it's a whole different equation, that's true. I honestly do feel lucky I wasn't born in Saudi Arabia or Iran or some other theocracy. Nothing against anyone from there, of course.

If people find peace through it, I'm glad for them. But it's not for me. I respect the hell out of someone who is deeply religious as an individual. Who I'm less appreciative of are those who proselytize and try to intrude upon public ground.

I'll never try to convert a believer into an atheist so I expect the same respect in return.

There would be a lot less problems in the world if everyone had that attitude.

I don't think we should cross the line, interfering in the education of children, this is a family choice. But we can change society's general view about religion, and it has been changing, strangely, not as a function of people's actions against it, but as a function of the own religions actions. Prejudice, extremism, pedophile, profane prayers. I am not knowledgeable enough about the non-western way of life to give an accurate opinion about Islam, but, at the end, it is more or less the same, that is, a tool for domination.