• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The science behind CWE.

thatrandomdude

Bluelighter
hello, hope i'm posting this in the right place, I was just curious about the science behind CWE.
I've done a fair few but had run out of paper towels which i usually use for it and get a almost perfectly clear solution when using them, so today i just used a bootlegged tshirt as a filter and the solution was super cloudy.
So my question is, since everything has to follow a rule, say paracetemol dissolves at 10mg / 1mL, I used 75ml of water, so the most paracetemol that would've got through is 750mg, right?

There was a ton caught in the tshirt but the water was just super cloudy compared to what I usually get. Thanks.

Use coffee filters.... Basically imagine the holes in the shirt and how much tylonal can pass through that

yeah i would've done but pretty much all shops are closed here at this time, but i mean the science behind it, at most if paracetemol is soluble in water at a rate of 10mg / 1mL of water then surely the most that could get through would be 750mg if 75mL was used?

like there wasn't any bits or anything in the solution after it was filtered, was just liquid but cloudy

Solubility also depends on temperature, which is why cold is part of CWE.

In theory, this should hold MOSTLY true. Taco makes a good point though, some extra would be pulled through- how much would depend on multiple factors (including the space between stitches, as he mentioned)- but if it's completely liquid with no leftover goop or powder, then the + should be minimal.

And of course increased water temp= increased solubility.

-PA

thanks for the replies, just wanted to make sure i didn't swallow like 10gs of paracetemol, 1g or a little over is fine by me

The thing to keep in mind though is solubility refers to how much will dissolve, not how much can be contained within the water. So roughly 750 mg ideally (clear liquid) will have dissolved....all that murky-ness is additional that didn't dissolve.

-PA

As many said changing temperatures changes solubility. Without knowing the water temp we can't say for sure how much could've possibly been in it.

well it's been about 2 hours since i drank it and i don't feel any different than usual, the water was as cold as possible without freezing it and there was no bits left in it like i stated previously, and from the leftover stuff there looked to be the right amount for the 16 tabs that i did

It also depends on the fabric of the shirt. A basic t-shirt probably wouldn't be so great, especially a cheaper one with more porous fabric, but even a cheap button up seems to filter well. I used one for years when I was CWEing fairly heavily and came out with no liver issues.

i think i was just panicking over nothing tbh, even though the water was cloudy it was still nowhere near as milky as the solution before filtration and the leftover gunk was about right, thankfully my DF-118 forte's arrived today anyway so no more CWE for a while. thanks for your replies folks

Last edited:
Cloudiness can also be due to dyes in the pills - honestly, as long as the water is below room temp and contains no solids, I think chances are you're pretty good. I don't remember the exact solubility, but you need a lot of water to dissolve a dangerous dose.

this was what i thought too, i always use as minimal water as possible and get is as cold as i can from the tap, just wanted a second opinion to put my mind at rest. usually when i use paper towels (2 folded up 4 times, 8 layers of filtration) the solution is completely clear with the exact same tablets i used with a t-shirt but there seems to be less liquid in the end solution with the paper towel method, maybe due to the paper soaking up some of the solution whereas in the tshirt it all gets through pretty quickly.

Keep in mind you want to wet the filter you’re using with normal water prior to using it to filter the solution you’re trying to do the CWE on.

i always do :) i read most of the CWE megathread that is on here somewhere and that's where i got most of my info about it from. was a big help. Do you wet the filter then squeeze the excess water off before filtering? Or just wet the filter and leave it as is then use as a filter?

I'm curious OP, what kind of opioid pills are you CWEing? What's the strength of the opioid and the ratio of the opioids to APAP? I was always stupid about CWE, I never did CWEs on combination opioid pills like Percocet 10s, before fortunately being prescribed Roxicodone. I would eat 10 and 15 Percocet 10/325s in a single dose as soon as the prescription was filled and put in my hands on refill days and "party" days, when I wanted to actually feel my oxy. What made it even more intelligent of a thing is the fact that I have got Hep C and drink alcohol in copious amounts with copious amounts of the opioids and benzos.

The one's that I were CWEing were 8mg codeine 500mg acetaminophen, just the generic brand that you can get for pretty cheap at any pharmacy around here. I don't know what percocet contains, never really heard of it around here (UK). I imagine it's either aspirin or acetaminophen like these though but in 325mg? You gotta be careful about that. I very rarely do CWE because I usually have DF-118s (40mg dihydrocodeine tabs) but was all out. I was a chronic alcoholic for 6 or 7 years until this year when I ended up in hospital with pancreatitis I changed my ways, Stay strong friend

edit: just did a quick google search and saw that percocet is oxy and acetaminophen, can't get any of that over the counter here or from anywhere other than a prescription as far as i know, not too sure how effective CWE is with oxy myself.

CWE works for all usual morphinan (i.e structurally similar to morphine) opioids, that includes codeine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, dihydrocodeine and others.

i always do :) i read most of the CWE megathread that is on here somewhere and that's where i got most of my info about it from. was a big help. Do you wet the filter then squeeze the excess water off before filtering? Or just wet the filter and leave it as is then use as a filter?
I'm curious OP, what kind of opioid pills are you CWEing? What's the strength of the opioid and the ratio of the opioids to APAP? I was always stupid about CWE, I never did CWEs on combination opioid pills like Percocet 10s, before fortunately being prescribed Roxicodone. I would eat 10 and 15 Percocet 10/325s in a single dose as soon as the prescription was filled and put in my hands on refill days and "party" days, when I wanted to actually feel my oxy. What made it even more intelligent of a thing is the fact that I have got Hep C and drink alcohol in copious amounts with copious amounts of the opioids and benzos.

Downerhead I've had Hep C for 30 years. I've finally gone for the cure and found out I have cirrhosis. Get. your Hep C cured asap to prevent cirrhosis and/or liver cancer.

I was told by a friend in a 12 step group that I could be cured even though I'm still using. I looked up using on my Hep C meds (Zepatier) and they had an excellent cure rate even among users.

Even though you may feel fine you may be scarring your liver which can lead to cirrhosis.