• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The real danger of psychedelics

Oh yeah listening to Slayer on acid finally gave me an appreciation for metal. I still don't ever listen to metal, but now I get it and appreciate it.

Nice enjoyed that one, I noticed that Colombia, or South America in general has a thriving techno scene, it's cool that some producers actually go for some of the weirder stuff instead of the mass production commercial techno
I know this is not the place, but I think you'll like Tzusing, disclaimer: it's real dark :)

I actually listen to, compose and play a wide variety of genres and am now trying to make my own with elements of many. I feel like that does happen a lot. If you ever want to hear some good tunes I'll show you some artists.

Awesome avatar, there, GodComplex!

I am one who loathed Phish until hearing it tripping cid.
Now, I can’t get enough.

But . . .

I tried listening to Country music on it and it was more sour sounding than when straight.
I guess some things, especially music, are deeply embedded from early experiences in childhood.
My parents never played county (or Dead, for that matter), just classical and folk. I love those genres and love the expansion lsd gave me for music. Or was that first done with my shroom trips?
Pearl Jam Ten on shrooms was eye-opening.
I think PDs expand your aural pallet, within your base likes. Whether that constitutes a taste-change is another tough question.
Now whenever I hear certain songs, I can remember certain accompanying trips and almost see visuals if I let myself drift long enough.
Music is truly a language, trans-dimensional.

I like EDM but on LSD it bothers me very quickly. I need something more organic and emotional.
So in my case I don't really agree with the OP. But if it's the real danger, one can say psychedelics are pretty safe...

Last edited:
There is some great electronic music out there. Some mind blowing shit.

And you'd hear none of it at your run of the mill Electronic Music Fest.

My favorite genre is House but when people say they like house they are usually like "I LIEK EDM TOO!!1". But I'm usually talking about the more muted stuff with spiritual lyrics and no drop. It is pretty shallow, showy stuff they play for the masses.

EDM can go either way, but musical taste is subjective asf. On LSD I do like more random noises because it just compliments the experience more and it's very novel. Is shpongle bad just because it's noisy?

My music change didn't really change. I just got deeper into stuff like post-punk, early psychedelic, prog, art rock, madchester, and acid house but expanded into more avant-garde music, which I was always into but didn't truly appreciate like I can now. I was already really into music though having spent my formative years on pretentious music forums. What's really fun is playing stuff like this while your friends are peaking

I used to like metal, Goth/Folk stuff and still do, but the higher I am the less I can handle that kind of music, it becomes just annoying messy noise.. like when on trip, the brain is open for direct access of the frequencies, like typing code into a terminal, while the sober state is using a GUI and "packaged" stuff - somehow I can't explain it better.

I absolutely love solo classical piano performances on psyhedelics, nothing gets the mind going and sounds a beautiful, especially depending on what piece it is. I also like so many other kinds of music on psychedelics, but at the moment I'd have to go with classical piano by a really top-quality performer. I would say overall that psychedelics have greatly expanded my musical appreciation and pushed me past my preconceptions about, for example, country music... I grew thinking fuck country, that shit's for rednecks and southern people, all they do is talk about beer and trucks and shit. But then I opened my mind, my friend put on some country that's kind of on the edge of country, it's not too pop but it's really popular, I think it was Sturgill Simpson, and I thought it was beautiful. I think don't care for the pop country shit, or really the pop music of any genre, except sometimes there is someone who is actually amazing and just doing pop. I guess my point is, all genres of music (yes even trap... and I particuarly tend to despise average trap music) have examples of artists who are passionate and doing something unique and heartfelt and that stuff is good music and I can appreciate it. Before psychedelics, I was quite unwilling to look past "genre". Now I think "genre" music is the least interestinbg. A whole shit ton of bands who I've seen who are not more than regionally known, you know, working hard, incredibly talented, have fans, but they still have full-time jobs and are struggling to make ends meet. But a lot of those acts are bending and combining genres, or creating new ones, in amazing ways. In my music community, no one is saying "yeah we're country music" or "we're post punk" or whatever. People are instead describing their different genre influences they touch on, and not pigeonholing themselves. And they're creating some of the most innovative, fantastic music that anyone is playing today.

Every music able to communicate emotions to the listener will do on LSD. However some music will get me with just with the sound, the arrangement, ... sure those are made for the emotion as well, but for me it will have a greater impact than say the lyrics.

Vivaldi's summer made me cry tears of joy while on 3C-P.

I remember listening to tool on my first trip ever also made me cry in awe.

But both I liked before tripping anyway.

I you wanna cry, try Frank Martin’s Mass for Double Choir. Boom.
Pinnacle of 20th century composition.