The real & classic hip-hop colosseum thread v. Shady

Loving that first track!

Yep nothing like old school. Today's hip hop is garbage
I just don't get today's hip hop, most commercial hip hop (all the lils and whatnot) is obvious crap, but lots of friends swear by other rappers like J.I.D or Denzel Curry or something, but even those I don't understand. I can see that they're talented, but I can't stand listening to them, saw a couple of them live even and I was bored as shit the whole way through. I don't think it'll ever click.

Don't listen too much myself to the major rappers of the 90s but there's a whole youtube community of people uploading tracks and eps of smallish groups which happen to be pretty brilliant sometimes, there's a difference in style too. But yeah, don't know too much about it, just listen a lot to these guys.

Chillin over here...

I just don't get today's hip hop, most commercial hip hop (all the lils and whatnot) is obvious crap, but lots of friends swear by other rappers like J.I.D or Denzel Curry or something, but even those I don't understand. I can see that they're talented, but I can't stand listening to them, saw a couple of them live even and I was bored as shit the whole way through. I don't think it'll ever click.

Don't listen too much myself to the major rappers of the 90s but there's a whole youtube community of people uploading tracks and eps of smallish groups which happen to be pretty brilliant sometimes, there's a difference in style too. But yeah, don't know too much about it, just listen a lot to these guys.

Chillin over here...

Yeah most rappers are shit live. If you ever get the chance to see Krs one live! Fucking incredible!