• Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Megathread The Random Picture Megathread: Volume II 👍

D's

Sr. Moderator: NMI, TDS, TL
Staff member

Fiori di Bella

Bluelighter
making sausage & bean soup today.
Question, are you starting out with dried beans? I have a ton of different dried beans and peas, but doesn’t it take like a day or 2 to cook the beans and make a soup outta them?

I bought all the beans and peas at the store several months ago when I was high, hungry and convinced myself that I could actually cook.

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
Question, are you starting out with dried beans? I have a ton of different dried beans and peas, but doesn’t it take like a day or 2 to cook the beans and make a soup outta them?

I bought all the beans and peas at the store several months ago when I was high, hungry and convinced myself that I could actually cook.
yep they're dry. you can soak them for 8 hours and then bring them to a boil and simmer about 1 1/2 hours.

Fiori di Bella

Bluelighter
yep they're dry. you can soak them for 8 hours and then bring them to a boil and simmer about 1 1/2 hours.
How many cups or lbs. of beans, peas, or lentils do you use for a big pot of soup? I have bags of black beans, pinto beans, lentils, and split yellow peas. I could combine all of them (I don’t have to use each entire bag) but I’m not sure if all these will go together. Any thoughts or advice?

My questions may sound basic but I was never taught to cook. I re-heat things well and I arrange take-out onto attractive serving dishes extraordinarily well.

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
How many cups or lbs. of beans, peas, or lentils do you use for a big pot of soup? I have bags of black beans, pinto beans, lentils, and split yellow peas. I could combine all of them (I don’t have to use each entire bag) but I’m not sure if all these will go together. Any thoughts or advice?

My questions may sound basic but I was never taught to cook. I re-heat things well and I arrange take-out onto attractive serving dishes extraordinarily well.
however many beans you use, rinse them first and put them in your pot. put enough water to cover them by 1 inch. you don't have to soak them 8 hours. i just do the quick cook method.
bring them to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer them 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

all dry beans will pretty much mix well with each other :)

6am-64-14m

Moderator: NMI, CD
Staff member
Random pic of work to be done. Strip, prime and paint the whole freakin house. Budah at yellow arrow.
Lots to do. Any volunteers? :cry:
Heavy ass tv needs to get gone.