Ep41tbo.jpg

D's

Administrator
Staff member
uO0wWOR.jpg

my leg after ebson salt bath. aint it cute. hHAHAl

dis shit may up for sale it damn sho do work
Ep41tbo.jpg
Damn man, well you could always bake the rest of the epsom salt and put it in airtight jar for later.
And were you ever able to get the power to run those devices? What do u mean they didn't work? Look nearly brand new.. u get rit of those little shits?

6am-64-14m

Bluelight Crew
What do u mean they didn't work?
Oh sorry musta been sleepy typing. Nah they work like a mf. lol can get my car if i sell them. fuckin things fucked up my bank but had no choice, really.
the thing is if them bb ever come back i couldnt afford to purchase them again. so.......
the run on reg mains as long as the wiring is up to it. each heat element (5 total) needs a dedicated 20 amp circuit. i used generator to run the orange and black one - which is acrually a dual element attached to an air mover.
hope ya have a good one, D's. Peace

• Heart
Reactions: D's

darvocet21

Bluelighter
Good vibrations....
Yes! though that was a bit later in 66, it's deeply ironic because that was the last song they collaborated on for a decade ( possibly the last time ever face to face).

Brian was on the verge of a deep depression including seven years rarely leaving his bed except to go downstairs to the refrigerator. It doesn't seem to have been precipitated by a single shattering experience with LSD like drummer Skip Spence, orig. member of Jefferson Airplane + Moby Grape co-founder or a string of them like Syd Barrett. Wilson was a devoted acid head for a short span of time but seems to have had a preference for cocaine and marijuana, which were his mainstays when he withdrew from the world

Here he is being rousted out of bed to do something he hated, go surfing

I love that photo which was taken when Brian was in full possession of his song writing, producing, and arranging genius and able to communicate them persuasively not only to the label but to the extensive group of studio musicians and most importantly to the guys who would be going out and Performing these songs.

I also like this picture because everyone loves to harp on the Wilson's cousin Mike Love and even Brian later in life said he did not like hanging out with him for very long, their personalities just did not mesh
... but love is an underappreciated force behind getting them to that point & was responsible for rewriting some lyrics on Good Vibrations and making some improvements ... However Brian expressed the desire to grow musically and artistically. After smoking a joint with a friend in order to listen to The Beatles new record called Rubber Soul, he was "blown away [by it as being like "a collection of folk songs" and wanted to match or even exceed it with his own album of deeply personal tunes about subjects other than girls, cars, and having fun in the California Sun. "I felt competitive with the Beatles, it's a funny thing! It's funny."

Brian did two pivotal things towards the end of 1965. He stopped touring which he hated and he hired Tony Asher whose background up to then was mostly writing advertising jingles for radio and TV, to compose the lyrics for what became Pet Sounds. It proved to be an inspired choice for the simple yet powerful emotions of the songs , especially Wouldn't it be Nice and God only Knows.

Another irony: Brian worried because it was highly unusual for a pop song to mention metaphysical subjects even in passing, let alone put God in the title. He was concerned about the record label's reaction, and alienating Beach Boys fans for being "uptight." He has said that he wrote the song in "10 minutes" ... When Asher gave him the lyrics and he played it on the piano for the first time he recalls saying to Tony "we just wrote a classic song." He was 24 years old

Last edited:

Oldskipper

Bluelighter
Yes! though that was a bit later in 66, it's deeply ironic because that was the last song they collaborated on for a decade ( possibly the last time ever face to face).

Brian was on the verge of a deep depression including seven years rarely leaving his bed except to go downstairs to the refrigerator. It doesn't seem to have been precipitated by a single shattering experience with LSD like drummer Skip Spence, orig. member of Jefferson Airplane + Moby Grape co-founder or a string of them like Syd Barrett. Wilson was a devoted acid head for a short span of time but seems to have had a preference for cocaine and marijuana, which were his mainstays when he withdrew from the world

photo was taken when Brian was in full possession of his song writing, producing, and arranging genius and able to communicate them persuasively not only to the label but to the extensive group of studio musicians and most importantly to the guys who would be going out and Performing these songs.

I like this picture because everyone loves to harp on the Wilson's cousin Mike Love and even Brian later on and fly said he couldn't really take hanging out with him for very long, "too much ego"
... but love is an underappreciated force behind getting them to that point & was responsible for rewriting some lyrics on Good Vibrations and making some improvements ... However Brian expressed the desire to grow musically and artistically. After smoking a joint with a friend in order to listen to The Beatles new record called Rubber Soul, he was "blown away [by it as being like "a collection of folk songs" and wanted to match or even exceed it with his own album of deeply personal tunes about subjects other than girls, cars, and having fun in the California Sun. "I felt competitive with the Beatles, it's a funny thing! It's funny."

Brian did two pivotal things towards the end of 1965. He stopped touring which he hated and he hired Tony Asher whose background up to then was mostly writing advertising jingles for radio and TV, to compose the lyrics for what became Pet Sounds. It proved to be an inspired choice for the simple yet powerful emotions of the songs , especially Wouldn't it be Nice and God only Knows.

Another irony: Brian worried because it was highly unusual for a pop song to mention metaphysical subjects even in passing, let alone put God in the title. He was concerned about the record label's reaction, and alienating Beach Boys fans for being "uptight." Close quotation.. He has said that he wrote the song Melody in "10 minutes" and when Asher gave him the lyrics and he played it on the piano he recalls saying to Tony "we just wrote a classic song." He was 24 years old
Fucking brilliant album, my da, no longer with us sadly had a great ear, a very eclectic ear for music, he turned me on to all kinds of music. The beach boys were up amongst his favorites

Oldskipper

Bluelighter

I love that photo which was taken when Brian was in full possession of his song writing, producing, and arranging genius and able to communicate them persuasively not only to the label but to the extensive group of studio musicians and most importantly to the guys who would be going out and Performing these songs.

I also like this picture because everyone loves to harp on the Wilson's cousin Mike Love and even Brian later in life said he did not like hanging out with him for very long, their personalities just did not mesh

Another irony: Brian worried because it was highly unusual for a pop song to mention metaphysical subjects even in passing, let alone put God in the title. He was concerned about the record label's reaction, and alienating Beach Boys fans for being "uptight." He has said that he wrote the song in "10 minutes" ... When Asher gave him the lyrics and he played it on the piano for the first time he recalls saying to Tony "we just wrote a classic song." He was 24 years old

w01fg4ng

Bluelight Crew
Went on a river/steam boat for a work party event. Had a good time, good food, but can't sleep, and I gota be at work in a couple hours. :dead:
-----
9KZz6IH.jpg

---
MIlWELj.jpg

----
yJusORg.jpg

------
lERKsoS.jpg

-----
K5r5QIT.jpg

---
Join us in the yacht party thread!