• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Price of Cigarettes in Australia

Well you can't say it hasn't worked. Only about 14% of the population smoke now, 35 yrs ago everybody smoked in hospitals including the nurses lol

Somethings worked. It's much harder to say what exactly of various different policies have contributed what in what way.

It's also easy not to notice undesirable side effects of policies. Don't get me wrong here I'm ultimately glad less people are smoking. I just wish we did this stuff in more careful and scientific ways is all.

Well you can't say it hasn't worked. Only about 14% of the population smoke now, 35 yrs ago everybody smoked in hospitals including the nurses lol

It’s hard to say how much it’s worked. I went and bought the Chinese ie. blackmarket ones this arvo and people are always lined up in that store. She sells chop-chop as well. These shops aren’t hidden (much) and are in plenty of suburbs in Melb, so hmm I don’t know what the govt/cops know.

Where I am it's BUSINESS ROYALS with no lettering on the smokes $22 for 20 or Harvest Dark 25g (stronger than WhiteOx) made in Germany for under $40

Then there's the local CHOP CHOP 100 tubes for $40 which smell and taste like tobacco sprayed with maybe Round Up.

Where I am it's BUSINESS ROYALS with no lettering on the smokes $22 for 20 or Harvest Dark 25g (stronger than WhiteOx) made in Germany for under $40

Then there's the local CHOP CHOP 100 tubes for $40 which smell and taste like tobacco sprayed with maybe Round Up.

Yeah I can’t smoke chopchop. These Chinese ones are $16/20 and nicer than some of the legal ones. They’re called Double Happiness (LOL).

Now the fuckheads are targeting vaping. It's like they want smokers to keep smoking.

Australia, my dear, what the fuck is wrong with your government? Shit, it's almost time for a revolution. It's getting more ridiculous as time goes on.

All they need to do now is destroy the education system, the welfare system and the health care system, and it's a 3rd World country.

Every time I see the title of this thread I think of "the price of tea in China".

You will save heaps switching to rollies.

How much are rollies now? Hate to think. Last time I smoked (used to be Drum exclusively) a large packet was like $12 lol

Then I got the flu so bad it was almost pleurisy; couldn't light up for a month, and then couldn't go back to smoking after I got better it was so fucking disgusting lol

Probably saved my life in the long run one way or another cos I was a suicidal chain smoker

I had a facebook memory this week from 10 years ago, I was complaining I paid $12 for a packet of 20. Glad I've given up.

How much are rollies now? Hate to think.

Currently the cheapest 25gram pouch costs $43. I ordered in 250grams of damiana for $11, mixed in with my spliff mix and gradually tapering off. My lungs and wallet are much healthier :)

Smokers are an easy target for politicians to tax the hell out of people who are likely to be poor and/or mentally ill.

I know right it's a fucking joke the price of tobacco/cigarettes even the RYO is pretty pricey. Increasing the prices has done little at preventing people from smoking and people will continue to buy them. I sometimes smoke chop-chop cigarettes I get from a gift shop in Melbourne. They're not the greatest tasting and a little harsh with the throat hit, but I end up getting a 100 pack for $30 which is a pretty good deal and does the job.

I know right it's a fucking joke the price of tobacco/cigarettes even the RYO is pretty pricey. Increasing the prices has done little at preventing people from smoking and people will continue to buy them. I sometimes smoke chop-chop cigarettes I get from a gift shop in Melbourne. They're not the greatest tasting and a little harsh with the throat hit, but I end up getting a 100 pack for $30 which is a pretty good deal and does the job.

Yeah chop chop can be rough but savings are high!

Yeah I can’t smoke chopchop. These Chinese ones are $16/20 and nicer than some of the legal ones. They’re called Double Happiness (LOL).

For some reason I couldn't like your post (might be a post count thing?) but they sound made for kids lol. The chop chop where I am from has changed and a QP is only $50, though you do need to put it in the blender or coffee grinder and I mixed some with 'Tycoon" Arabica flavoured cigar leaves, not bad