• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Day 12 and still feeling WDs. Just took 20mg of lope . Will up it with 12 mg more if i dont feel relief. Was gonna buy more Kratom but need to fly out of country next week where its illegal. Probably not a big deal but it would be ironic to get busted for Kratom and not oxy...

Guess im at the 2 week mark...think I'm turning the corner...finally!
Nice man!!! ❤️, currently I'm stuck with a 60-80mg morphine habit, I bang daily one dose, I've been doing this for a year now and every time I try to quit I can't get passed the 3rd day, I'm gonna try this weekend to quit altogether I have all. my comfort meds ready (gabapentin, Diazepam, loperamide) and I don't have classes on Monday and Tuesday so this is a good time to quit. Wish me luck man, I wanna say I'm 2 weeks clean too soon. Stay strong and keep going, don't look back! NZN

Nice man!!! ❤, currently I'm stuck with a 60-80mg morphine habit, I bang daily one dose, I've been doing this for a year now and every time I try to quit I can't get passed the 3rd day, I'm gonna try this weekend to quit altogether I have all. my comfort meds ready (gabapentin, Diazepam, loperamide) and I don't have classes on Monday and Tuesday so this is a good time to quit. Wish me luck man, I wanna say I'm 2 weeks clean too soon. Stay strong and keep going, don't look back! NZN
I will looking for a positive update from you! Good luck! You need to make up your mind to quit knowing it will only get tougher. Get out alive while you can . The evil of opiods is while you are on them you think ur thinking straight continuing to use. Get out from under the spell.

@nznity, wouldn't it be physically easier if you taper 1/3 every week or do a slower taper? On the other hand, I'm having difficulty with oral opium which I think should be around 60-70 mgs of morphine daily so I understand that it's a hassle to taper and stop even a low dose.

@nznity, wouldn't it be physically easier if you taper 1/3 every week or do a slower taper? On the other hand, I'm having difficulty with oral opium which I think should be around 60-70 mgs of morphine daily so I understand that it's a hassle to taper and stop even a low dose.
, beczuzd there alot of mrphine /codeinem there's other alkailods I n opium poppy, and they could probanly last longer than mody opioids

I will looking for a positive update from you! Good luck! You need to make up your mind to quit knowing it will only get tougher. Get out alive while you can . The evil of opiods is while you are on them you think ur thinking straight continuing to use. Get out from under the spell.
thank you so much man,! you just motivated me to get cleanyeah fuck it, I've done this before. it's not gonna be a piece of but I know I cn make it,,,!!!! ❤️ ", cheers mab

thank you so much man,! you just motivated me to get cleanyeah fuck it, I've done this before. it's not gonna be a piece of but I know I cn make it,,,!!!! ❤ ", cheers mab

You can do this!
I’m here cheering you on!!
The Loperamide will help a lot.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers!
❤️

Hows it going? Checking in on u mate!
I took my last dose like 40 hrs ago, the loperamide has helped a lot, I waited 18 hrs from my last dose, I couldn't stand it anymore at that point. I took the lope and 3 gabas 300mg with 1 hr intervals. It stopped the diarrea, chills, and the sweating. I just have a headache and no energy atm. I just wanna sleep even tho I can't, besides that it's going well so far. ? Let's see how I feel tomorrow. I can do this! ❤️ cheers man, ty for ur support NZN

I took my last dose like 40 hrs ago, the loperamide has helped a lot, I waited 18 hrs from my last dose, I couldn't stand it anymore at that point. I took the lope and 3 gabas 300mg with 1 hr intervals. It stopped the diarrea, chills, and the sweating. I just have a headache and no energy atm. I just wanna sleep even tho I can't, besides that it's going well so far. ? Let's see how I feel tomorrow. I can do this! ❤ cheers man, ty for ur support NZN
Keep it going strong! The lack of energy is tough if you are used to keeping busy. One day at a time- be patient. Its worth it for sure. Only taking Gaba right now. Cut out the Lope... it does work...just dont need it...on day 15.

Kratom. Period. Got me off of Fentanyl twice, and it was made 100X better by the Kratom. Gotta take a lot for the first week or two, maybe 3 to 5 grams 2 or 3 times a day, and slowly work your way down. It's a life saver.

I recall trying Loperamide and it did absolutely nothing for me. Zero. The one and only thing that I ever found that helped opiate WDs are opiates, or Kratom. I will say it until I am blue in the face, I believe it can do things you may think cannot be done. But if you find good, red-veined Kratom, it can be a literal miracle and not leave you a blithering mess with restless leg syndrome in total misery. I would never propose it if I had not been through it myself. Once I tried it, I said, "What the hell was I waiting for?"

Went to doctor today for abdominal pains. Urine test showed a trace of blood. Put on antibiotics for diverticulitis. Got a few 5 mg hydrocodone for pain. Getting a scan to verify and check for kidney stones. Was up once an hour during the night to urinate to alleviate pressure and pain. Need to fly overseas for work in a few days so need to take care of this. Wonder if stopping oxy caused this...it threw my body off...maybe a taper is easier on body.

i
I'd say 8-10 loperamides for the first 2 days once a day is enough then if you have some gabapentin on hand u can take that aswell.60-80mg morphine orally is not that much imo so ur wds won't be that harsh. Good Luck on it, i'm on day 3 myself i only have diahrrea and some mild chills, i just took my gaba so it hasn't kicked in yet.When it does i might feel better. Stay safe NZN
I'm sorry but no amount of lopermides gonna curb that big of a habit...c'mon now.
Just being real here.

i

I'm sorry but no amount of lopermides gonna curb that big of a habit...c'mon now.
Just being real here.
yeah i was comparing his habit to mine at first and didn't realize that amount wasn't enough but if he takes enough lope 0-100mg he can make wds bearable. It doesn't matter anyway he's past the worst now so in the end it all went well :)

i
yeah i was comparing his habit to mine at first and didn't realize that amount wasn't enough but if he takes enough lope 0-100mg he can make wds bearable. It doesn't matter anyway he's past the worst now so in the end it all went well :)
I gotchu. Hell, with the hella habit Ive got, no amount of Lope would do a thing!!:)

Hey guys! I finally managed to get a month clean from opiates today (and benzodiazepines) and just wanted to share what helped me.
I tried over 10 times over the course of the last year to get clean, all failed. Even if I managed to get to the 5 day mark where people ~just start~ to feel better I would get another wave of chills/WD symptoms and relapse.

THIS time, I took a sabbatical from work. The MOST important thing is time, and changing habits.
For acute WDs I took a combo of 150mg lyrica and 0.1mg Clonidine q6hrs for the first like, week. Then q8hrs, then q12. Then only Lyrica maybe once a day or every other day if I still got the shakes.
For insomnia: the lyrica and clonidine combo helped but even benzos couldn’t get me to sleep properly the first 2 weeks. So sleep when you can.
Over the counter doxylamine succincate is helpful, as well as 10mg Ambien.
I also found Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) to help quite a bit just to get me to sleep.
I have to say, WD-ing from Benzos and Opiates is it’s own special hell. I was physically dependent on benzos, but not addicted, per say.

Long story short: Lyrica, Clonidine, Flexeril, Ambien and get on OTC meds as soon as you can, and OFF the prescription meds because all of the above can cause physical dependence which is the last thing you want (again), but just listen to your body. Also, the only cure I found for RLS is a hot bath. I didn’t feel better for about 3 weeks. Getting 30min of exercise daily was crucial for me as well as staying busy. Staying in bed was a trigger for me since it was so depressing it just made me want to get high. And just remember
“your strongest desire at the moment is not your deepest desire.” Changed my life.

Hey guys! I finally managed to get a month clean from opiates today (and benzodiazepines) and just wanted to share what helped me.
I tried over 10 times over the course of the last year to get clean, all failed. Even if I managed to get to the 5 day mark where people ~just start~ to feel better I would get another wave of chills/WD symptoms and relapse.

THIS time, I took a sabbatical from work. The MOST important thing is time, and changing habits.
For acute WDs I took a combo of 150mg lyrica and 0.1mg Clonidine q6hrs for the first like, week. Then q8hrs, then q12. Then only Lyrica maybe once a day or every other day if I still got the shakes.
For insomnia: the lyrica and clonidine combo helped but even benzos couldn’t get me to sleep properly the first 2 weeks. So sleep when you can.
Over the counter doxylamine succincate is helpful, as well as 10mg Ambien.
I also found Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) to help quite a bit just to get me to sleep.
I have to say, WD-ing from Benzos and Opiates is it’s own special hell. I was physically dependent on benzos, but not addicted, per say.

Long story short: Lyrica, Clonidine, Flexeril, Ambien and get on OTC meds as soon as you can, and OFF the prescription meds because all of the above can cause physical dependence which is the last thing you want (again), but just listen to your body. Also, the only cure I found for RLS is a hot bath. I didn’t feel better for about 3 weeks. Getting 30min of exercise daily was crucial for me as well as staying busy. Staying in bed was a trigger for me since it was so depressing it just made me want to get high. And just remember
“your strongest desire at the moment is not your deepest desire.” Changed my life.
Great news keep it up!