• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

I am currently trying to withdrawal off of oxycodone was taking around 80 mgs a day was 3 days through with the help of gabapentin I had but had a doc spot and had to take 1oxy will that start everything all over again like day 1 any insight is much appreciated

I am currently trying to withdrawal off of oxycodone was taking around 80 mgs a day was 3 days through with the help of gabapentin I had but had a doc spot and had to take 1oxy will that start everything all over again like day 1 any insight is much appreciated
You may feel the slightest symptoms of withdrawl, but you should be ok if you don?t take anymore. The best thing you can do is find some good head space where cravings are minimal and try and relax, smoke some pot if you have get high in some way or another, but avoid opiates.

Is it reasonably common to feel good for a period of time after acute withdrawal, prior to the onset of post-acute withdrawal? I noticed post-acute withdrawal worsening as the first few months went on, and it seems to have reached a maximum around 7 months. Beware of that shit. I thought I was good and recovered after a month when I wasn't all that sick anymore... yeah right. I'll never be the same again.

Hey all.. well Im new To bluelight. I?ve always used it from google cuz lets face it theres always someone in here with the answers you?re looking for. Well I?m starting my detox from opiates & praying I can get through it. I was clean for about 12 years when my doctor prescribed me oxy & usually I wouldn?t take them but the pain Ive been in they were needed. Well that was 3 years ago. Recently my mom passed & my oxy habit sent me right back to H habit,, my depression was awful & you know how it is. So im trying this cuz Ive really had enough (hence the name lol) now Ive used gabapentin to come off 240 mg a day oxy habit. Hoping it will help a bit this time. The problem I have is the anxiety. I have bad anxiety to start with & it multiplies by 100 when I dont have anything. Also energy, I find I have no energy to do anything.. So any advice that could help me get through this.. I?m listening ?

Last edited:
Hey all.. well Im new To bluelight. I?ve always used it from google cuz lets face it theres always someone in here with the answers you?re looking for. Well I?m starting my detox from opiates & praying I can get through it. I was clean for about 12 years when my doctor prescribed me oxy & usually I wouldn?t take them but the pain Ive been in they were needed. Well that was 3 years ago. Recently my mom passed & my oxy habit sent me right back to H habit,, my depression was awful & you know how it is. So im trying this cuz Ive really had enough (hence the name lol) now Ive used gabapentin to come off 240 mg a day oxy habit. Hoping it will help a bit this time. The problem I have is the anxiety. I have bad anxiety to start with & it multiplies by 100 when I dont have anything. Also energy, I find I have no energy to do anything.. So any advice that could help me get through this.. I?m listening ?
Are you looking for ways to alleviate your withdrawl symptoms (anxiety, lethargy, insomnia)? If so I have a ?tool? box of compounds and herbs you can try that I?ve used to withdrawl.
If you?re just reaching out for support I?d suggest going to Sober Living section of BL and starting your own recovery thread. You have a lot of support here on BL, you just need to reach out to us.
Good Luck and Best Wishes

Should I expect, generally speaking, to still feel nowhere near right 7 months after a 6 year smack habit? I'm getting tired of I don't even know what comes next. Had insomnia for a couple weeks then passed out for the majority of 3 days. Then more depression. Starting to get to me. I see why people crack later on after all the bullshit it seems never-ending. Does it ever actually improve? I'm putting a lot of other effort in as well. Benzos are fucking my life too though and that is complicating this as I am tapering off of those now. I started 7 years ago with raw alprazolam powder and very good heroin #4 so I should be grateful to be alive and even able to struggle. Last time in January I had a horrible time taking 160mg oxy and nodding out for 12 hours. Got caught red handed, lost my dab rig, bong, been clean ever since apart from various psychedelics (one heavy trip on 4-ho-mipt and then Ibogaine microdosing this year) benzos two pretty brief coke binges and constant bong toking strains of weed and hash. I'm still hiding. When am I going to get that spark back. I guess I have to get out and take back my life it isn't going to come walking through the door I'm lucky to still have.

Are you looking for ways to alleviate your withdrawl symptoms (anxiety, lethargy, insomnia)? If so I have a ?tool? box of compounds and herbs you can try that I?ve used to withdrawl.
If you?re just reaching out for support I?d suggest going to Sober Living section of BL and starting your own recovery thread. You have a lot of support here on BL, you just need to reach out to us.
Good Luck and Best Wishes

I'm looking for an opiate withdrawal toolbox. What you got DoctorMolecule? Many thanks in advance. Much appreciated friend.

I?ve been in a program to keep my license (medical professional) and I stopped having withdrawals from Hydromorphone after I started working out intensely. I just took about 18mg this past Saturday and had to submit a screen to A lab today. I drank about 60oz of water before hand and took two rapds. I hope I am okay. Could anyone shed any light on their experiences with this. Im
a new member and I don?t want to lose my license.

I?ve been in a program to keep my license (medical professional) and I stopped having withdrawals from Hydromorphone after I started working out intensely. I just took about 18mg this past Saturday and had to submit a screen to A lab today. I drank about 60oz of water before hand and took two rapds. I hope I am okay. Could anyone shed any light on their experiences with this. Im
a new member and I don?t want to lose my license.

Sorry for the delayed response but we don't allow new UA/ drug testing discussion here. I can point you toward the archives though.156-Drug-Testing-Q-amp-A

This is a brilliant thread, hats off to the OP. I will be referring back to this at some point in the near future.

Thank you

Hi, i'm new here and in a time crunch. I've had this issue on and off for a year now, but i have successfully withdrawn a few times , usually something extremely emotionally stressful sent me back (horrible choice of course) but i have done things differently every time... i have quit cold Turkey every time, i only smoked it, never shot up, and right now i'm doing between 20-40 a day, but i am getting on a plane for a long distance trip in 4 days and i have work the last 2... i have done things before where i will take a hit or 2 to sleep then wake up feeling like crap and go to the 12 hour mark then take about an 8th of a strip of suboxone... and then do a little more if it doesn't make me sick, then i've the edge is off i just did a line of crystal to help me power through it.... but now i'm scared for some reason, has ANYONE ON HERE taken suboxone even in small doses as early as 12 hours into withdrawals??? Idk why but for some reason even getting to the 12 hour mark for me is so hard now and it's not even that i'm im a lot of pain! I'm starting to think it's mental??? Should i pop a xanax with my last couple of hits to help me sleep much longer and get to the 12 hour mark easier??? I have to get this done because doing it on an airplane and when i have 18 hours of travel ahead of me and no relief isn't an option! :( PLEASE HELP

Question here. I have been on 8mg of subs for the past 2 months, if not a little longer. I had a one day (24 hour) relapse and feel so stupid and want to get back on my subs right away. I know subs build up in your system and I?m assuming it?s still on my receptors. Can I start taking my subs again immediately? It will take me days to go into withdrawal because it?s so built up in my system and im thinking that PD might not happen if I take it right away. Anyone deal with this before? I can?t find answer anywhere PLEASE HELP!

And to answer your question NeverAgain, its more based on metabolism. If you feel like you?re in the throws of it at 12 hours your body might be ready. Take the smallest bit you can and see how you feel. Taking Xanax to sleep longer isn?t the worst idea either. If you can find Subutex you can take it right away and won?t have issues. It?s suboxone with the nalaxone which is what will give you PD. Hope you figure it out sorry if I wasn?t much help.

Sorry guys I?ve been using blue light a while but just registered so I?m still figuring out posting. I?m not an idiot I swear lol.

Question here. I have been on 8mg of subs for the past 2 months, if not a little longer. I had a one day (24 hour) relapse and feel so stupid and want to get back on my subs right away. I know subs build up in your system and I?m assuming it?s still on my receptors. Can I start taking my subs again immediately? It will take me days to go into withdrawal because it?s so built up in my system and im thinking that PD might not happen if I take it right away. Anyone deal with this before? I can?t find answer anywhere PLEASE HELP!

Hi, i'm new here and in a time crunch. I've had this issue on and off for a year now, but i have successfully withdrawn a few times , usually something extremely emotionally stressful sent me back (horrible choice of course) but i have done things differently every time... i have quit cold Turkey every time, i only smoked it, never shot up, and right now i'm doing between 20-40 a day, but i am getting on a plane for a long distance trip in 4 days and i have work the last 2... i have done things before where i will take a hit or 2 to sleep then wake up feeling like crap and go to the 12 hour mark then take about an 8th of a strip of suboxone... and then do a little more if it doesn't make me sick, then i've the edge is off i just did a line of crystal to help me power through it.... but now i'm scared for some reason, has ANYONE ON HERE taken suboxone even in small doses as early as 12 hours into withdrawals??? Idk why but for some reason even getting to the 12 hour mark for me is so hard now and it's not even that i'm im a lot of pain! I'm starting to think it's mental??? Should i pop a xanax with my last couple of hits to help me sleep much longer and get to the 12 hour mark easier??? I have to get this done because doing it on an airplane and when i have 18 hours of travel ahead of me and no relief isn't an option! :( PLEASE HELP

d to answer your question NeverAgain, its more based on metabolism. If you feel like you?re in the throws of it at 12 hours your body might be ready. Take the smallest bit you can and see how you feel. Taking Xanax to sleep longer isn?t the worst idea either. If you can find Subutex you can take it right away and won?t have issues. It?s suboxone with the nalaxone which is what will give you PD. Hope you figure it out sorry if I wasn?t much help.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is pd from using naloxone in Suboxone mean ? Like if you take it right after you quit using you get pd? What is pd?

itchyscratchy18 means PWD or precipitated withdrawals. Yes, it means you will go into forced intense withdrawals if you take it too soon after dosing another opioid/opiate.

And he is wrong, using subutex will not allow someone to dose sooner and avoid precipitated withdrawals. This is a common misconception. It is the buprenorphine in both suboxone and subutex that causes the precipitated withdrawals.

New here, i come with my head hung low as last night i admitted to my wife of 20 years im addicted to hydrocodone. Been taking 40mg every six hours on the DOT, i carried pills in my jean pocket if we went out to town to make sue i didnt withdraw infront of thrm. At work i emptied a chapstic container so i could carry 6-10/325's on me at all times , ive borrowed from friends who have LEGIT medical issues, mine were for severe migranes which i still have but i showed my wife the chapstick last nighg n i still had one 10 vic she made me take it before we went to the er,, o the shame walking in there, one for me and two my wife is a nurse practioner there ??? soo its been 24 hrs with nothing but clonidine and ativan still i cant keep from crying from what ive done ALL THE SHAME

I'm about to jump off of a 4 year regimen of oxymorphone er 5mg bid and oxycodone 10mg qid--90mg MME. This is the biggest my habit has ever gotten that I'll be withdrawing from. My previous withdrawal was from much lower dosages that I could easily manage with loperamide and spending a lot of time in the bathroom. I'm honestly terrified of how bad my symptoms will be after I take my last percocet tomorrow. I bought some Kratom which I used before going into pain management (I have a type of arthritis that causes spinal degeneration/calcification between the vertebrae, plus arthritis throughout my body--you know, typical 27 year old). I've been using pills for the past 11 years off and on, and until I started PM it was always off and on.

I'm wondering if anyone has used kratom to ease withdrawals from a similar tolerance level. I'm lucky that my husband is very supportive, as well as the few friends that I have told about my problem. It would make me a feel a whole lot better to hear from people who have been there about what they've done to deal with it as well.

I'm about to jump off of a 4 year regimen of oxymorphone er 5mg bid and oxycodone 10mg qid--90mg MME. This is the biggest my habit has ever gotten that I'll be withdrawing from. My previous withdrawal was from much lower dosages that I could easily manage with loperamide and spending a lot of time in the bathroom. I'm honestly terrified of how bad my symptoms will be after I take my last percocet tomorrow. I bought some Kratom which I used before going into pain management (I have a type of arthritis that causes spinal degeneration/calcification between the vertebrae, plus arthritis throughout my body--you know, typical 27 year old). I've been using pills for the past 11 years off and on, and until I started PM it was always off and on.

I'm wondering if anyone has used kratom to ease withdrawals from a similar tolerance level. I'm lucky that my husband is very supportive, as well as the few friends that I have told about my problem. It would make me a feel a whole lot better to hear from people who have been there about what they've done to deal with it as well.
Kratom can be a blessing when in withdrawals. Just start small maybe 4-6 grams at your oxy dose, wait 2-3 hours and adjust your dose as needed. You?re not trying to get high or anything... just the right dose to stabilize. You SHOULD feel some withdrawals, but it shouldn?t be acute.
Phase 1, find your stabilized dose where you can function without the high from oxy
Phase 2, adjust to the absence of full opioid agonists (May take one week to 3 months) GO SLOW!
Phase 3, slowly taper the kratom (6weeks- 1 year)

Hi there. I have a question, I?ve searched everywhere and can?t find an answer so I made an account so I can hopefully find someone who knows..
I have been on Bupe (less than 2mg internasally) for more or less 8 months. I have stopped taking it a week or two ago, taking one micro dose a couple days ago. To soften the withdrawal, I?ve been using heroin because I thought if I switched to that for a while (it?s been about two weeks maybe more) that the withdrawal would lessen to the length normal heroin detox would be as opposed to a month of hell just quitting bupe cold turkey. Have I just prolonged my withdrawal? Will I just feel bupe withdrawal and heroin withdrawal stacked on one another? And if I use kratom while I?m detoxing, will it just add to the problem? I?d only be using it until the sweats and RLS are gone, the other symptoms I can deal with. Or will I just experience the heroin withdrawal and nothing from the bupe or kratom if the kratom is only used for a well max? I hope someone answers soon.. I want to get through this. I?m so sick of being physically addicted.

Hi there. I have a question, I?ve searched everywhere and can?t find an answer so I made an account so I can hopefully find someone who knows..
I have been on Bupe (less than 2mg internasally) for more or less 8 months. I have stopped taking it a week or two ago, taking one micro dose a couple days ago. To soften the withdrawal, I?ve been using heroin because I thought if I switched to that for a while (it?s been about two weeks maybe more) that the withdrawal would lessen to the length normal heroin detox would be as opposed to a month of hell just quitting bupe cold turkey. Have I just prolonged my withdrawal? Will I just feel bupe withdrawal and heroin withdrawal stacked on one another? And if I use kratom while I?m detoxing, will it just add to the problem? I?d only be using it until the sweats and RLS are gone, the other symptoms I can deal with. Or will I just experience the heroin withdrawal and nothing from the bupe or kratom if the kratom is only used for a well max? I hope someone answers soon..
I think you're getting less out of your heroin if there's any bupe in your system. I imagine that if you'd completely switched over to heroin after some amount of time (?) that if you quit that CT it'd be shorter than a bupe wd surely, but I don't know much more than that. No pain no gain, you could steadily lessen your doses until you're ready to switch to kratom, then do that for a while, but I mean... I don't know. It's going to be tough no matter what.