• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The officially Asian Cup thread.

Yep millsy, meggsy and emerton. across the back apparently

fuckin shyte, prick gets his first start and they play at 10:30 on a monday night

i dare say i will go out for it... but ughhhh

Confirmed Millsy and Super Dave to start it seems.

And I've got to take a girl out... I have no interest in the NT apart from SFC players and these are two of my favorites...

Jaza........your taking a girl out and your obviously annoyed about it because the football is on.

For heavens sake man.

Get your priorities right.

Dump her.

Now you know why I am happily single or looking for a dude.

lol.

By the way, I hope Carney goes well. My best mate went to school with him and reckons he has nothing.........lol, would be funny to see his reaction if he does something special...........lol.

My god that was flattering. Could and should have been behind by a margin after 70 minutes. Some changes have worked, Beachamp, Milligan and Carney did ok. Bresciano is looking fairly ineffective, like in the World Cup, Shwartz shaky, Emerton still can't resist a run forward despite being in the middle of defence, Kisnorbo should look to make Leceister home because he's certainly not wanted in Australia for some time and Holman (try as he might) is the worst stiker since Max Vieri. How Holman missed the target by that much I'll never know.

All the talk about getting a world class coach is a bit of nonsense really. Look at Iraq or Oman, what coach did they have? Yet they schooled us. Australia just need a coach who can read the game from the bench and has the balls to make tough decisions.

Japan will be toughie, but certainly very beatable.

vast improvement. newbs at the back performed well enough, answered a lot of questions tonight, especially carney. arnold got it right by giving them a chance, just as was bringing on kewell as a sub, but when is he going to wake up when it comes to holman, aloisi, and bresciano?

holman is simply not good enough to be playing up front. didn't he miss an almost identical certain goal a few games back? aloisi has brought zero, nothing but a yellow card magnet that's had it easy since putting that penalty away in 2005. bresciano? at least becks' free kicks hit the target. nicky carle is obviously right when he said "i'll have to go o/s to get game time" because arnold has forgotten he's in the squad.

biggest gripe - everytime they get in front they decide to just defend, end up getting stuck in their own half and then proceed to clear balls for 20 minutes or so giving the opposition 50 odd chances to score, and they did it again tonight. seem to have doing this for the past few years and it nearly cost them until dukes got a bit lucky and then it was all good.

japan absolutely slaughtered vietnam earlier - should be a great sat night

The lads did well. Milligan was outstanding for my money.

Meggs did great and what a goal while Carney caused problems and never stopped trying..........I like that sort of player.

Kewell made a difference when he came on as he lifted our spirits and also caused the Thais to take more care and drop off a bit.

Much better game.

Oh and yes who the fuck is Holman? Did he win some raffkle and they pulled him out of the crowd or something?

I have my doubts about beating Japan but I hope Im wrong.

Will be a huge challenge.

Top stuff :)

Glad to see us do what we should have been doing from the start, that is schooling teams that are ranked a hell of a long way below us by large margins!!

Was very shaky at times, I had the anti-Schwarzer brigade sitting next to me on the couch last night, although they shut-up a bit about it during the second half when he appeared to lose the shaky form from the first half.

Aloisi, although I like him, did nothing. Bresciano again, although I like him, didn't do all that much, but did look dangerous when he got a bit of clear possession.

I was really worried when I saw Emerton going for a huge charge up the right, then lose possession and then only started jogging back as Thailand started a quick counter... I guess central defence isn't where he usually plays, but have a think man... our defence has been shaky and we have been stung on the quick break a couple of times in the tournament, so instead of trying to be a hero, pass the ball, and get back... please. Although we did manage to cover that time, so I guess its kinda all good :\

I totally agree on the "who the fuck is Brett Holman" thing... seriously... gah!!

There was a lot of debate on the couch about whether or not Kewell and/or Cahill should have been starters as opposed to being bench weapons, but it seemed to work again... however I think that Timmy Cahill would have been able to play the whole game, and actually give us some guidance in midfield, which we were lacking... but when they both came on, fresh at the end, it really opened the game up and bam! 3 more goals :)

Japan will be a challenge, we have beaten them before, but in these conditions, it will be different. We must go all out at them... will be a cracker of a match :)

CB :)

If there was any doubt that Mark Milligan is the Australian defensive talent that has dispelled.

Adrian Leijer, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, eat your hearts out.

Cahill is now allowed to start (as per the agreement with Everton) - but will he?

Im gunna be away in the bush all weekend............spewing massively.

Might try to sneak away and find a pub or club somewhere.

Off to the Ag shortly to watch the game.

I'm torn. Part of me wants Aus to win to see Millsy and Carns do well, the other part of me has no interest (in fact possibly even dislikes) the Aus National Team and wants them to lose so that Millsy and Carney can get back to SFC in time for me to see them play some role in Canberra next week.

Japan ftw

boring game all round. sad to go out that way as always though they didn't do much to even deserve the goal they got. i'm glad carle and carney escaped being made scapegoats. 2010 is looking doubtful atm.

Woohoo! Dave off the bench v.s. the Mariners this weekend at Canberra!

Australia were dreadful, Japan slightly less so. Arnold's subs were amazing... Amazingly ridiculous that is. Why take Viduka off?!?!

Gutted for Millsy - but he was still the best defender out there. Luca$h Neill eat your heart out.

Like You Need A Stretcher When a Slow-Mo-Show's No-One Touch'd You, An' The Red-Card!

dbailey11 said:
I heard Iceland is the shit. The people go out drinking all night- and when they leave the bar at 3-4 in the am. the sun is still out. That sounds like my kinda place. Endless alcohol induced debauchery- sounds like the tits to me.

But it's too cold.
They do call it Iceland fo' a reason.

Last night,
Japan,
cranky.

Way to hate on us,
you biased ref....
:!