Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The officially Asian Cup thread.

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Cant believe we havent got this happenning all ready and all

Bit lucky last night..........hope Arnold learns a lesson and gets my mate into the bloody back line.

Carn Meggsy we want you on the field son.

Pretty awful performance... hoping for something better from Friday's game! :)

And Schwarzer! Awesomeness.

yeah Swartsy was on fire aye.

Seriously we were outplayed in every aspect except GK.

It was sad just how many more shots on goal the Omani's had compared to us, very lucky to even get a draw, they could easily have won by two goals. I'm worried that this might be a sign that Arnold isn't ready for the national job alone, or even at all.

I didnt think he ever was.

And after hearing a few things recently, I will be happy to see him go win lose or draw.

I'd post again but someone might tell us it's time to get a room or something. =D

Australia Vs Thailand in 2 weeks today I think. Taking thw next day off. My friend married a Thai so that will be a fun night!!

So if aus fail at the asian cup can we go back to soccer being a marginalised underfunded sport noone talks about again.

Those where the good ole days!

As soon as Arnold realises that a back four just does *not* work without dedicated fullbacks the better off Australia will be.

Drop Wilkshire, get Meggsy out there in a back three and play Emerton as a wingback as he's supposed to be.

Also drop Bresciano (who's badly out of form) and keep Kewell on the left!

Australia will not win this tournament with Graham Arnold at the helm.

^^

We won't win this tournament with our current back four.

I stopped counting how many times we were exposed at the back by the quick counters from the Omanis.

Drop Wilkshire. Please.

I also really wouldn't be bothered if Kisnorbo got shown the boot as well.

We will always be able to create chances, and sometimes even score from them, but if we can't defend, we aren't going to win matches.

---------------Schwarzer

-------Kisnorbo--Neill--Meggsy
Emerton-----------------------Carney

OK Arnie?
Kthxbai

Jaza..............you rate Carney that high?

Always appeared a bit over rated to me.........but to be fair i havent watched him for 12 months as im not a huge fan of the A league.

arnold needs to go, most of the midfield starters need to be benched, defence sorted. nicky carle should be starting, i don't see any of the midfield offering even half of what he would. archie should have come on instead of aloisi, and yeah, even as a jets supporter i'd have carney on too, at least he'd create space and have a few shots. too much preference is given for making the starting 11 to those playing o/s as opposed to here at home when many of the locals could and can offer more. oz play boring football, slow boring football and they'll never be any good so long as they continue to do so. no flair, no sense of urgency, and blaming the heat is getting old. hopefully a more watchable game come friday.

on another note i thoroughly enjoyed watching japan as i usually do and vietnam was a nice surprise.

I should have some news about any possible line up changes by later today after they train.

MazDan said:
Jaza..............you rate Carney that high?

I do up near the forward line, but not at wingback.
But...
That said with no Chipperfield, no Lazaridis, no Vidmar, there are no real other options to balance out that side of the defence. It's the best of a bunch of bad options (see Wilkshire, Luke and Thwaite, Michael)

silvia saint said:
nicky carle should be starting,

Ugh... Dear god no. The country's most overrated footballer - "I can do stepovers" Nick Carle.

^^^
dude, in the 20 minutes or so per game nick carle has been given he has created almost more chances than the entire midfield combined. so what if it's via stepovers, at least it makes for watchable football.

Did anyone see that remarkable through ball in the Iran game?

Beautiful ball, beautiful run, beautiful shot! scores under the keepers arm.

It was tops!!

CB :)

with thailand's result tonight i expect a gingerly start from the soccerroos tonight vs iraq

The word I have is that there will be NO changes to the backline.

I am stunned.

MazDan said:
The word I have is that there will be NO changes to the backline.

I am stunned.

All media reports are reporting it as follows:

--------------------Schwarzer

Emerton-------Neill----Beauchamp---Wilkshire

-------------Culina--------------Grella

Bresciano-----------Holman-------------Kewell
------------------------Viduka

But you're saying that Kisnorbo is staying in? Fark.