The Official SIED Coronavirus Thread v. My Nuts & City is shutdown

So I will have three studies, with slightly different methodologies. At the moment I've started (and still recruiting for) a longitudinal study that's using a bit of mixed methods, with mainly quantitative type questions. There are some open ended qualitative ones in there too as I'd like to see what themes come up - I do like the idea of interview type questions. I have a real-time study that I am finalising, where I will be generating my own phone app to collect repeated measures over three separate blocks of time. Then the final approach is using a single case design, and providing a harm reduction workshop and seeing how it helps users :) and that one will use a similar data collection method as the second study with the phone app.

Hahaha yeah tell me about it. I played a bit of rugby last season for the Medical School in my free time and they mostly seemed like that, or desperate for an A&E job.

That's dope man, I wish you best of luck. I do some work in a psychopharmacology lab at my university but I don't have the experience to lead my own research yet. Our work is about NSAIDs though so harm reduction isn't exactly our focus haha. We use mostly memory tasks in our work. It's always interesting to see what others are doing in drug research as there is such a wide array of things that can be studied

That's awesome @Serotonin101 top work!! So is it physio that you're currently studying? Open book will be good, had one like that for a Neurodegeneration Module in my MSc, sounds like you'll crush it man!
Yep yep. Finishing out my undergrad in exercise science with a minor in psychology and possibly a biology minor (was originally going pre med until I saw lots of med schools nearby want calculus credits lol). Then it's off to physical therapy school for 3 years. Gonna try to find one with a program that will let me do both my DPT and PhD at the same time so I can be a clinician and do research. I feel there will be no greater joy than to be a published researcher. It's like a form of immortality that will stroke my ego lol.

That's dope man, I wish you best of luck. I do some work in a psychopharmacology lab at my university but I don't have the experience to lead my own research yet. Our work is about NSAIDs though so harm reduction isn't exactly our focus haha. We use mostly memory tasks in our work. It's always interesting to see what others are doing in drug research as there is such a wide array of things that can be studied

Thank you :)
Dude that sounds so cool!! NSAIDs are such cool compounds, if you have any finished pieces of work I would love to take a look if that's okay with you? Yeah I completely agree, science is such a fascinating area and its frustrating and exciting that most of the knowledge we have is just the tip of an iceberg.

Yep yep. Finishing out my undergrad in exercise science with a minor in psychology and possibly a biology minor (was originally going pre med until I saw lots of med schools nearby want calculus credits lol). Then it's off to physical therapy school for 3 years. Gonna try to find one with a program that will let me do both my DPT and PhD at the same time so I can be a clinician and do research. I feel there will be no greater joy than to be a published researcher. It's like a form of immortality that will stroke my ego lol.

That's so good :) till the COVID-19 outbreak I was sharing an office with 4 PhD Physios and man are they smart!! Its brilliant, any niggle or injury from training or rugby and I have a free consultation and 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th opinion. Fingers crossed you find the right course for you. Would you stick with a uni in at home or would you apply for a scholarship abroad to study? Haha exactly. The era of hench researchers is upon us. Good luck for your exam btw.

Yeah my girlfriend taking her nursing finals had to be watched while on webcam and show the teacher her room / surrounding area 😅 isn't that like illegal? Lol

Yeah my girlfriend taking her nursing finals had to be watched while on webcam and show the teacher her room / surrounding area 😅 isn't that like illegal? Lol
My GF has her pharm test yesterday and mental health test today for nursing. She didn't have to be proctored lol. She was happy about that

Thank you :)
Dude that sounds so cool!! NSAIDs are such cool compounds, if you have any finished pieces of work I would love to take a look if that's okay with you? Yeah I completely agree, science is such a fascinating area and its frustrating and exciting that most of the knowledge we have is just the tip of an iceberg.

That's so good :) till the COVID-19 outbreak I was sharing an office with 4 PhD Physios and man are they smart!! Its brilliant, any niggle or injury from training or rugby and I have a free consultation and 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th opinion. Fingers crossed you find the right course for you. Would you stick with a uni in at home or would you apply for a scholarship abroad to study? Haha exactly. The era of hench researchers is upon us. Good luck for your exam btw.
Sure I’ll PM you if that’s cool

Fuck me, 1 week back into gym training and I feel fantastic. Strength was maintained at about 85% of what I was at, just run out of gas quicker (glycogen stores have shrunk due to lack of demand). Local Uni is doing a study for a new TB test that pays $75 so I might go in to do that for free money lol.

Reactions: CFC
Haha yeah man, get some free cash!!

Nice one, had the gym got any of the social distancing measures in place? It's still very much lockdown here in England. We had an address last night from the Prime Minister, which was a bit ambiguous, apparently we can go out an exercise as families (which we have already been doing) and builders can go back to work (which a lot of them have already been doing)….. so basically nowt has changed haha

Reactions: CFC
Haha yeah man, get some free cash!!

Nice one, had the gym got any of the social distancing measures in place? It's still very much lockdown here in England. We had an address last night from the Prime Minister, which was a bit ambiguous, apparently we can go out an exercise as families (which we have already been doing) and builders can go back to work (which a lot of them have already been doing)….. so basically nowt has changed haha
Gyms have cut capacity to like 1/2 which for the bigger ones is still like 150 ish people so it's not biggy since group exercise classes have been canceled lol. It's pretty much just business as usual at the gym I go to

That's still pretty good. I mean the weather is awesome atm so if people are just going to spin classes they'd be better off outside getting some Vit D too rather than spin in a gym.
Nice. Glad the gym is back up and running. Had some mates who own small time gyms here in England say they're selling some of their equipment to stay afloat... Madness!!

That's still pretty good. I mean the weather is awesome atm so if people are just going to spin classes they'd be better off outside getting some Vit D too rather than spin in a gym.
Nice. Glad the gym is back up and running. Had some mates who own small time gyms here in England say they're selling some of their equipment to stay afloat... Madness!!
One of my buddies who's a UK transplant living in Australia is renting a barbell and some plates from his gym lol

One of my buddies who's a UK transplant living in Australia is renting a barbell and some plates from his gym lol

That's not a bad idea, really should have tried to get some on a loan before lockdown!! Even trying to get power bags and slam balls is a challenge

They do need to cancel the lockdown and just make peeps wear masks and gloves or whatever and be sensible. As with most things, the idea gets taken on a journey and ends up with everyone paranoid about even getting close to friends who've been in total isolation and had no sign of illness for weeks. Absurd lack of common sense.

It's getting serious here in the states lol
Jeeze, its getting a bit spicy.

They do need to cancel the lockdown and just make peeps wear masks and gloves or whatever and be sensible. As with most things, the idea gets taken on a journey and ends up with everyone paranoid about even getting close to friends who've been in total isolation and had no sign of illness for weeks. Absurd lack of common sense.

Yeah I'm with you on that. All the locals here have been carrying on like nothings happened (besides wearing gloves and the occasional dust mask) and according to the local surgery and hospital no one from our village and the next one on has had it. I suppose people need to buy into the process. How you feeling @CFC?