The Official SIED Coronavirus Thread v. My Nuts & City is shutdown

From an immunologist at Johns Hopkins University...????? [MOD-EDIT Maybe I've been misled on this one].........

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from ANIMALS....the WHO (World Health Organization) tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem. Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity. The RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human. For years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human, before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human. Once that happens, we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, that’s what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be.

H1N1 was deadly, but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from ANIMAL TO PEOPLE. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated AGAIN and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity), took off like a rocket!! And this was because humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way that it causes great damage to human lungs.

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now, and frankly stupid and selfish.

#flattenthecurve. If possible, Please Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on.

Last edited:
I guess for the purposes of balance, I should also post this counterintuitive report on the potentially therapeutic role of ARBs:

COMMENTARY

Free Access
Angiotensin receptor blockers as tentative SARS‐CoV‐2 therapeutics
David Gurwitz
First published: 04 March 2020

Abstract

At the time of writing this commentary (February 2020), the coronavirus COVID‐19 epidemic has already resulted in more fatalities compared with the SARS and MERS coronavirus epidemics combined. Therapeutics that may assist to contain its rapid spread and reduce its high mortality rates are urgently needed. Developing vaccines against the SARS‐CoV‐2 virus may take many months. Moreover, vaccines based on viral‐encoded peptides may not be effective against future coronavirus epidemics, as virus mutations could make them futile. Indeed, new Influenza virus strains emerge every year, requiring new immunizations. A tentative suggestion based on existing therapeutics, which would likely be resistant to new coronavirus mutations, is to use available angiotensin receptor 1 (AT1R) blockers, such as losartan, as therapeutics for reducing the aggressiveness and mortality from SARS‐CoV‐2 virus infections. This idea is based on observations that the angiotensin‐converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) very likely serves as the binding site for SARS‐CoV‐2, the strain implicated in the current COVID‐19 epidemic, similarly to strain SARS‐CoV implicated in the 2002–2003 SARS epidemic. This commentary elaborates on the idea of considering AT1R blockers as tentative treatment for SARS‐CoV‐2 infections, and proposes a research direction based on datamining of clinical patient records for assessing its feasibility.

https://doi.org/10.1002/ddr.21656

From an immunologist at Johns Hopkins University...

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from ANIMALS....the WHO (World Health Organization) tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem. Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity. The RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human. For years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human, before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human. Once that happens, we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, that’s what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be.

H1N1 was deadly, but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from ANIMAL TO PEOPLE. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated AGAIN and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity), took off like a rocket!! And this was because humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way that it causes great damage to human lungs.

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now, and frankly stupid and selfish.

#flattenthecurve. If possible, Please Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on.
I saw this posted on social media and frankly I don't like it due to a lot of errors in it. Novel doesn't mean it came from animals, it just means it's new. Zoonotic means it came from animals. Also rna sequencing would be in retroviruses, regular viruses replicate via DNA. Finally the immune system part. Saying no one is immune is just flat incorrect. There are always people immune to a given pathogen. And saying that we haven't been exposed to a coronavirus before is just flat incorrect. There are many coronaviruses that we encounter that manifest with common cold or flu like symptoms. Thus those who have been exposed to these before will have some amount of cross immunity (such as with influenza strains) as there are unique proteins that the body would recognize (and a family of viruses have similar protein structure for their shell). The amount of inaccuracies in it really takes away the credibility of the post.

^I was going to comment a lot of that.

Regardless of accuracy, I think one of the big things to think about is the fact it mutated so quickly into a more aggressive strain and if it happens again with a similar jump then we are all in a lot of trouble. Need to nip this thing as fast as possible.

I guess for the purposes of balance, I should also post this counterintuitive report on the potentially therapeutic role of ARBs:

COMMENTARY

Free Access
Angiotensin receptor blockers as tentative SARS‐CoV‐2 therapeutics
David Gurwitz
First published: 04 March 2020

Abstract

At the time of writing this commentary (February 2020), the coronavirus COVID‐19 epidemic has already resulted in more fatalities compared with the SARS and MERS coronavirus epidemics combined. Therapeutics that may assist to contain its rapid spread and reduce its high mortality rates are urgently needed. Developing vaccines against the SARS‐CoV‐2 virus may take many months. Moreover, vaccines based on viral‐encoded peptides may not be effective against future coronavirus epidemics, as virus mutations could make them futile. Indeed, new Influenza virus strains emerge every year, requiring new immunizations. A tentative suggestion based on existing therapeutics, which would likely be resistant to new coronavirus mutations, is to use available angiotensin receptor 1 (AT1R) blockers, such as losartan, as therapeutics for reducing the aggressiveness and mortality from SARS‐CoV‐2 virus infections. This idea is based on observations that the angiotensin‐converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) very likely serves as the binding site for SARS‐CoV‐2, the strain implicated in the current COVID‐19 epidemic, similarly to strain SARS‐CoV implicated in the 2002–2003 SARS epidemic. This commentary elaborates on the idea of considering AT1R blockers as tentative treatment for SARS‐CoV‐2 infections, and proposes a research direction based on datamining of clinical patient records for assessing its feasibility.

https://doi.org/10.1002/ddr.21656

To quote further from the text:

The suggestion to treat SARS patients with AT1R antagonists for increasing their ACE2 expression seems counter‐intuitive. However, several observations from studies on SARS‐CoV, which very likely are relevant also for SARS‐CoV‐2, seem to suggest otherwise.

It has been demonstrated that the binding of the coronavirus spike protein to ACE2, its cellular binding site, leads to ACE2 downregulation, which in turn results in excessive production of angiotensin by the related enzyme ACE, while less ACE2 is capable of converting it to the vasodilator heptapeptide angiotensin 1–7.

This in turn contributes to lung injury, as angiotensin‐stimulated AT1R results in increased pulmonary vascular permeability, thereby mediating increased lung pathology (Imai et al., 2005; Kuba et al., 2005). Therefore, higher ACE2 expression following chronically medicating SARS‐CoV‐2 infected patients with AT1R blockers, while seemingly paradoxical, may protect them against acute lung injury rather than putting them at higher risk to develop SARS.

This may be accounted for by two complementary mechanisms: blocking the excessive angiotensin‐mediated AT1R activation caused by the viral infection, as well as upregulating ACE2, thereby reducing angiotensin production by ACE and increasing the production of the vasodilator angiotensin 1–7.

Well the city the gym I was temporarily attending is shutting shit down... It's like they're trying to make me do homework and not procrastinate at the gym.

Well the city the gym I was temporarily attending is shutting shit down... It's like they're trying to make me do homework and not procrastinate at the gym.

Gyms are closed here too AND I’m stuck doing homework. Fucking blows lol and no reason to procrastinate

Had first exposure to suspected COVID-19 patient yesterday, NZ in total lockdown tomorrow, interesting times ahead..

First day of lockdown in the UK... and I'm already bored :sleep:
I see some folks in the UK want this to go on for 12 months too :LOL: if that becomes presedence there will be more people harmed from domestic violence than Corona lol.

Don’t even joke about 12 months. I’ll give it to myself by then so I can go do shit. Hopefully we’ll at least have some effective anti vitals if not vaccines before that

So this is why all the elderly are dying...this virus is patented and man made... this was a targeted attack on the elderly.
Not that I necessarily believe what you are saying but here is sort of more evidence to support that.

"A recent military study shows Evaluated military personnel who received the flu vaccine were 36 percent at Increased Risk for coronavirus with varied benefits in Preventing some strains of the flu. "

Who gets flu shots, old people. *equips tin foil hat*

Not that I necessarily believe what you are saying but here is sort of more evidence to support that.

"A recent military study shows Evaluated military personnel who received the flu vaccine were 36 percent at Increased Risk for coronavirus with varied benefits in Preventing some strains of the flu. "

Who gets flu shots, old people. *equips tin foil hat*

You don’t have to believe anything, but if you don’t believe that it’s possible and anything, no matter how evil or conspiracy something maybe is possible.

So tin foil hat off to you for thinking deeper than most

There’s nothing that would surprise me at this point. Aliens, terrorist attacks with government involvement, whatever.

That said, the research I’ve seen has stated a strong DNA indication that its a zootonic virus. This one is hitting everyone hard and I would think they would try to make something engineered less messy

There’s nothing that would surprise me at this point. Aliens, terrorist attacks with government involvement, whatever.

That said, the research I’ve seen has stated a strong DNA indication that its a zootonic virus. This one is hitting everyone hard and I would think they would try to make something engineered less messy
Agreed. If it was engineered it would either A. Be less messy or B. Catastrophic and leaving a wake of bodies.
It's playing out similar to a mix of bird flu and swine flu.

Don’t even joke about 12 months. I’ll give it to myself by then so I can go do shit. Hopefully we’ll at least have some effective anti vitals if not vaccines before that

We shouldn't need vaccines, our own immunity should fight it off, unfortunately modern lifestyle choices have determined compromised immune function in hundreds of millions of people worldwide.. COVID-19 seems to be a disease of sick people..

I've listened to Paul Cottrell from Harvard give his arguments for why it is bioengineered and though a lot of it goes over my head, he does seem to make some interesting points. With all of your free time, check out his channel.

I'm in a job sector that has taken off in these conditions, so I'm working 70+ hour weeks. But I'm at a higher risk for catching it, so that isn't cool.

Ordered a barbell and some plates but it will be a couple weeks before they are shipped to me. Also ordered some gear, so will try and do the best I can from home without an actual rack. Might try and improvise a squat rack out of furniture.

I've been wondering about all of the people in active opiate addiction and if the quarantine is gonna send everyone into WDs, or if the dealers and addicts will still figure out how to keep things going. Imagine dealing with opiate WD and Cov19 at the same time.

I've listened to Paul Cottrell from Harvard give his arguments for why it is bioengineered and though a lot of it goes over my head, he does seem to make some interesting points. With all of your free time, check out his channel.

I'm in a job sector that has taken off in these conditions, so I'm working 70+ hour weeks. But I'm at a higher risk for catching it, so that isn't cool.

Ordered a barbell and some plates but it will be a couple weeks before they are shipped to me. Also ordered some gear, so will try and do the best I can from home without an actual rack. Might try and improvise a squat rack out of furniture.

I've been wondering about all of the people in active opiate addiction and if the quarantine is gonna send everyone into WDs, or if the dealers and addicts will still figure out how to keep things going. Imagine dealing with opiate WD and Cov19 at the same time.
I dealt with opioid withdrawal on top of mono (mono almost killed me) . Wasn't too bad really. I just felt like shit. Once you feel so shitty, theres kind of a threshold of how shitty you can feel. Like if I chop off 2 fingers vs 3 fingers. I imagine you won't really notice much of a difference lol.

Agreed. If it was engineered it would either A. Be less messy or B. Catastrophic and leaving a wake of bodies.
It's playing out similar to a mix of bird flu and swine flu.

i Do agree with the fact that it would likely be more catastrophic and deadly if planned in most scenarios, I don’t really know the end goal if this was released by a world power or government.

If Russia or the US did this though, I’m not surprised they dropped it in China.

i Do agree with the fact that it would likely be more catastrophic and deadly if planned in most scenarios, I don’t really know the end goal if this was released by a world power or government.

If Russia or the US did this though, I’m not surprised they dropped it in China.
I would engineer an ebola like virus. Spreads quickly and easily but once infected, the person dies quickly. This would prevent it from spreading too far outside of its target area as there wouldn't be any hosts leaving the area.