• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction The Official Bluelight Smoking Cessation Thread v. Let's quit the cancer

Sadly, dead thread.
Had a good tale to tell but if no one reads...Good luck 2y All
Mo

Giving up the habit really seems to be the hard part. I stopped smoking suddenly, without planning and didn't smoke for over five days. I didn't notice any withdrawal syndromes at all, but days started to drag. Felt like time has stopped without the rite of going out, lighting it up and inhaling smoke. Like something was constantly missing. Tobacco probably wasn't the missing thing, I think the missing thing was being completely without drugs.

Nicotine gums, patches etc. doesn't work for me, because (physical) withdrawal isn't a problem. Nicotine inhalator didn't work, even though the rite of going out and inhaling stayed. It felt like a mickey mouse substitute. I would anyway go out and smoke, then I would just take extra buffs from the inhalator when I wasn't out smoking.

The hypocrisy and double standards over this is really starting to annoy me. Like all drugs are bad, except tobacco. That I can do without any sanctions from social workers, but others will have severe sanctions, though not going to jail severe. Even buprenorphine is so bad and it doesn't matter that I'm not a needle user (never used a needle) and have always used it the intended sublingual way. But still, it's so bad, while inhaling toxic smoke is all fine and good. I'm really not that convinced that this is better and healthier than the old way of not smoking, but drinking beer daily. But social workers are convinced this is the way to stop using harmful drugs. Everything but tobacco is a no-go. The harmful part is really sketchy, though.

Last edited: