The official 2003 UK+Europe Bl meetup, bham, fri 24th oct

Yeah, I was a bit of a mess :D I've pretty much recovered now. I've 2 hours of lectures from 9 and a supervision I've done almost no work for so this morning isn't going to be too pleasant.

well heeeeelllo everyone!

*seuss is still fucked*

wow, thanks to everyone who came! especiale thanks go to hijinx & co for incredible organisation & the recovery house people for tolerance of fucked up individuals :D

doomsday, i'd be really thrilled to do some tunage together!!! i think first i better send you something so we can make sure you're happy with doing it, hehehe you might decide otherwise after hearing it ;) and dan hill, i'd be really interested in hearing some of your productions - i'll be sure to send you a cd with some of my hard trance on it!!!!

thanks to everyone who missioned; when i have my full faculties back i will post again, but for now i'm too scat.

hugs!

So which one of you gits gave me this this fucking awful cold :)

I feel like absolute shit, can't breathproperly and my throat is killing me.

Must be the russian flu from that 2-cb

Anyway seriously. had a good time, lookin forwards ta meetin' you all again.

I think I caught it too Johny. I'm coming out of it now, but doping myself up with Ibuprofen every few hours to keep myself in working order. I think I managed to piss a few people off in lectures with my constant coughing. :\.

oh how much fun was that . . .

i've just got back to uni and had to sit through 2 hours of linguistics lectures . . . bear in mind that after all you lot left RR, Medi and I decided it'd be a good idea to do acid (on top of shrooms and ket) at 4 yesterday afternoon . . .

some people never learn . . . =D

I thought there was no K except for a tiny amount that RR said wouldn't even phase him?

Still, the day after shrooms, K and acid sitting in lectures would drive me nuts 8o

there was about 1 RR line, so Medi and I split it in 2 . . .

I have a sore throat too! Damnit, and I just thought it was because of all the shouting I was doing. :(

:D

Please forward to me if anyone gets them. Someone must have them there seemed to be loads of cameras going off when i was djing.

Treacle took a fair few but I think he had a normal camera. Rock_Lobster had a digi-cam, as did Nursey I think but that vanished mid morning. Did it turn up in the end?

I made it back!
I'm finally back at uni!
w00t!

amazing weekend guys, I'm not entirely sure I've been on so much at once ;)

Quality weekend :) I'll sort the photos out for the end of the week (I counted about 30 or 40 of em when my batteries gave up - feat. some seriously spooned looking people =D) got to shrink them all down and stuff when I've got a moment (any preferences on where we should post them?)

Big gold star for Hijinx for being a top host - sterling effort!

Lovely to see all you funky people who I had the pleasure of meeting and gurning at ;) look forward to doing it again sometime :D

<d> x

Starting to feel normal again today.

Had 100 degree fever and was coughing up blood and being sick last night. :)

nice ha, well atleast I wasn't the on;y one to get ill.

edited by medi57

Hey:) we had some photos but you'll have to wait a week for us to get back from Spain:). Nursey will hopefully have hers ready sooner.

Dan.. um.. I was the person who just incriminated my self on a public message board. sorry! Hope both he and your car were ok.

And Charlie Chalk! The only person to come who gave absolutely no hint that they were going to:) It was great meeting you - and that friend of yours was really lovely:).

I had to log on one last time before I left to mention that the manager of the bar said we were the most lovely, friendly, polite group of people he's ever seen and he'd have us back no problems at all. I know this isn't in keeping with the hard livin', drug takin' image we'd like to have of ourselves;) but I was so thrilled.. probably comes from having to take kiddies on group excursions and mind their behaviour *grin*. You guys were wonderful *hugs*.

As to the money owed to that club guy.. well, he hasn't called me yet and I haven't been able to get onto the security company he told me they hire from - their only phone number seems to be a fax. This may be karma for him trying to raise the price - originally he said 5, then put it up to 7 per head then 2 days before tried to get us to agree to £10, the cheeky bastard.

On a side note, I have resigned from events - nothing to do with the WMJ, just that I'm going away and then when I come back I'll be super busy winding things up here, travelling etc.. then I'll be back to Oz.

Thanks again to everyone.. I hope I get to see msot of you at elast one more time before I go!

^^^Hope I see you before you go! I took pictures with a normal camera so when it gets used up/developed/scanned then you will see pics :D I reckon anyone else should put pics in europe discussion 'cos it's confusing looking the through events and the galleries for pics. What do others think?

If needed I can create a static gallery for the meetup somewhere. If people want to send me their pics I'll make a thumbnail page nice enough for 56k's. What do people think.