The official 2003 UK+Europe Bl meetup, bham, fri 24th oct

AlphaNumeric said:
You got really pissed ;)

"PLUR!!!" %)

PLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I can't remember past my third vodka 8o8o

I have brused knuckles and I'm still not 100% sure why.

Ok, well I'm still REALLY dizzy, so I'm gonna finish browsing and then recover. 8o

Ooops forgot to say thanks to Hijinx and RR and everyone that came!

And a big "You suck" to people that didn't come :D

blaarg... what a good night...

who'd a thought 2/10ths of a g of c could lend such weight to the accelerator pedal... *ahem*

it had the feel of a birthday party rather than club... but that was good in itself... cozy..! I timed my mix right for once as well... early enough so's i had plenty time to get... well, mashed ;)

cheers jinx... was good to see you finally havin a good time (just as we were leaving!!) IMO the stress was well worth it... i had a calm but happy night.. makes a change from the usual '4 down and whatever's left at the end jus neck it' type commercial trip out.

hope ya house int all brok or anythin...!

we still have your butterflies... sorry! they live on in my flat... next meetup I attend we will bring em down!!

Most ruined awards IMO? ... hmm... definately JustinTime who certainly started early!! and was gurning by 11 i am sure... and well... mash kinda gets this one by default... but again.. definately mash!! again enjoying it! dunno how u keep smiling fella - that time of night an all - but you always do... props!

last ting really is to say... dr seuss... message me if ya wanna talk production anytime. would be up for a casual collaboration... jus work on sum shit together an see what comes out. Worry not if ya not bothered...

Peace all.. T.

Doomsday Bwai

I've just got up. Got back to my room by about 4pm. Lay down on my bed at 5pm, out cold for 2 hours, then woke up, got changed, passed out again till 11pm. Then my neighbours were keeping me up which was pretty bad so 20mg of Temazepam knocked me out cold till about 9am. Spent about 16 hours asleep. Pretty vivid dreams after 200mg 5HTP too.

Doomsday Boy said:
makes a change from the usual '4 down and whatever's left at the end jus neck it' type commercial trip out.

I don't normally do that but I thought "Fuck it" and thats how I ended up being a pretty big mess by 2am. I blame Justintime, was saying constantly "Go on! We are only here till 2!" which also explains him getting off it so quick then KO'ing once we got back.

Music was great, hats off to the djs. I dont' normally like the kind of music at the beginning but it was pretty good. By the last set I was very mashed and that last set (guy in the white top? Hijinx told me his name but my memory is like Swiss cheese ATM) played exactly the kind of music I love and it was brilliant. I'm sure he will remember the guy with huge pupils that walked up to the decks and said "Fucking awesome set!" at him :eek: (possibly more than once....).

Back at the house was a lot of fun too. Various people unconcious (Chr1.5 and JustinTime ;)) and others just very much a mess (me, Jase was pretty crazy and Chemical_Boy).

At least now I know Medi57 is male (though has soft skin ;)), Jase and Chr1.5 are possibly mad, Nursey and base are a flammable combination and Hijinx is taller than me (though so are most people).

Thankfully only one person said "Rolling ballz" that I heard ;)

Was a really good night and I'd do it again definately. Just after I've had enough time for my memory to start working, my shoulders and legs to stop aching, my jaw to be able to work and my appetite to come back.

Come on, someones got loads of photos (it'll jog my memory). Silly Alien spent most of the night taking them so come on :D

AlphaNumeric said:
At least now I know Medi57 is male (though has soft skin ;)),

The same mystery has been solved about SillyAlien.(although my skin's not as soft) :)

Chr1.5 said:
I have brused knuckles and I'm still not 100% sure why.

I do. You were re-enacting for us your favorite moments from "Kung Fu - The Legend Continues" :)

AlphaNumeric said:
Silly Alien spent most of the night taking them so come on

SillyAlien's focus was as good as MrMagoo's after the third drink at the club, considering I had about five at the house before we left. BlueDragonFly will try to work some magic on the photos and we'll upload what we can in a bit. Interestingly enough, I can't find one of you, even though I know I took about a dozen in your general direction. Who else has pics? If you need server space, let me know.

Last edited:
Top night! Yeah Alpha that last set was really good I thought aswell. chEmical_boy stood out as being the most fucked for the longest period but Alpha wins for how fucked he was at the club :D Thanks to Hijinx for organising the event and for our early morning walk/jog :) Thanks to everyone for being cool people.

I dont' normally like the kind of music at the beginning but it was pretty good.

Yeah I kinda got the impression this was the general feeling. Was really pleased with the reaction anyway but I reckon possibly stick to the techno dj's for these meetups in future... when that darkness broke out everyone kinda stood up and hovered until the *whump*whump*whump* of the housey techno kicked in...

heh... ed rush, optical and fierce - cutslo (locuste mix)... that prolly scared the shit outta all youse on mushies (and there were more than a few!!)

still... DnB was finished quite early (by 12) so by the time everyone was really ruined it was back to the bouncey stuff.. and I got a bspin or two in so I'm happy :D

Bo!

edit: lookin 4ward to piccys!

Okay, just went through most of the photos. Somewhere at the club, the setting on my camera got switched to macro, so every pic after that point was blurry as hell. I'm hoping lots of others took photos. Next time I'm packing a basic B&W camera. :(

Anyhow, I uploaded a couple to the gallery, pending approval.

Music was great, btw. ;)

P.S. There was this trail of shiny stuff all over Aberystwyth two nights ago. Everyone was freaked out for a while, but we explained that it was Chr1.5's PLUUURRRRRRR dust, so everyone feels better now. Plurred out, but better.

Thanx everyone for a top night... especially Hijinx for organising it all and the DJ's for the tunes. I too have a bruised knucle or two, dunno how that happened lol.

=D

Skyline, who were you? I probably talked to you but there are several people I talked to I have no idea who there were in real life or Bluelight. When the photos are uploaded, it'd be nice to compile a list a "Here is a photo of AlphaNumeric" then "Here is a photo of Silly Alien" etc because that will make it a lot easier for me to remember who was who. :) (edit : so long as said person doesn't mind that. I know one person doesn't want to be shown in some photos, incase "The Man" catches him ;))

SillyAlien said:
^ What did you look like again?! LOL :D

He's the one with the goaty thing on his chin. Quite short.

Once back at the house, you were taking photos of various people in the front room when I was in there, but the flash was giving me a sudden light head, not unlike you get just before you faint so while you were taking photos I had my hand over my face so the one by the fireplace with his hands over his eyes is me. The "light head" feeling faded over the next few hours but not completely till I got back to Cambridge. I put it down to me doing a bit too much. Next time I'll take less stuff with me, so I can't just keep taking more. As Treacle said, there was a point I was the most messed up guy there which considering Silly Aliens, Chr1.5s and Chemical Boys states, thats either impressive or worrying.

I'm still a bit fucked up now. Can't concentrate and generally feel like I've made love to a meteor shower (blantant rip from Babylon 5). Even after 16 hours of sleep last night (thanks to 20mg of Tempazepam) I was still exhausted and have spent the last 3 hours lying in my bed fully clothed letting my brain slowly rewire itself. I think its together enough now that I can attempt to do some Fluid Dynamics 8(

Last edited:
LOL ... okay I remember now.

AlphaNumeric, I tried to label the pics in my gallery. I'll have to go back and label RockLobster and Titania, 'cause I just remembered who they are. :)

I just found a pic of treacle too, so I'll upload that one too.

Hahahahaha..... I just remembered signing the banner in the G-Spot. :D

Treacle's got a few in the kitchen of me and others (singularly and togather) so there are photos of me. He just held his finger over the flash light when he took the single one of me.

Don't worry too much about labelling, I suppose people will recognise each other and those who aren't recognised can always pipe up "Thats me" :) Just remember a certain someone didn't want to have photos of themselves online, thats all :)

I feel bad :(

I seriously don't remember much at all, So... if anyone can fill me in on somethings i'd love to get some PM's :D

You got drunk, you yelled out "PLUR!! Got me some PLUR!!" and "Vodka, need more Vodka" a lot then my memory gets fuzzy as well :D You crashed as soon as we got back to Hijinx's.

I do remember you saying that I wasn't what you expected. You said I talk a lot on Bluelight (which is true I suppose), but didn't say how you expected me to be.

AlphaNumeric said:
Just remember a certain someone didn't want to have photos of themselves online, thats all :)

I really can't remember who said what, but if I've posted someone who doesn't wish to be there, sorry in advance, just reply to that pic with "delete me" and it shall be done. :)

Some of the pics are up, although blurry, sorry. Let us know when anyone else gets any up please.

thanks

Hi guys had a wicked night on friday night. I was the last dj of the night and really had a good laugh mixing, glad you all seemed to like the tunes. If anyone has any more photos please let me know so i can put onto my website http://www.sensi-tize.com If you are interested in my music you can listen to my mixes online and listen to my discography of tunes i have produced. Thanks to hijinx for oraganising the night and for inviting me up. On a final note i dont know whether any of you remember the guy who came up with me?? Well foolishly he decided to double drop at the after party and proceeded to be violently sick in my car and out of the window for most of the 70mile journey home!!! Happy Days, thanks bluelighters!!:)

hi dan.. we had a chunder out the window of the bus as well... bit bleak but still.. all part of the.. err adventure, right?

lol

AlphaNumeric said:

Back at the house was a lot of fun too. Various people unconcious (Chr1.5 and JustinTime ;)) and others just very much a mess (me, Jase was pretty crazy and Chemical_Boy).

I wasn't unconscious, I couldn't speak english though. Those were some fucking strong hawaiians.

You were a mess though ;)