• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The new generic subutex...what's the verdict?

Hello all, I am a new member and I'm looking for any information on the new Orange 153 subutex. I have posted a bit earlier but before I read the rules. Swim first experience with the new orange 153 pills was the worst. swim snorted half a pill and to say it burned was an under statement, swim was used to the arrows and 8 pills. wow what difference!! That was a terrible idea. I was wondering what was the best way to take the medicine and how was your experience first day to the first week, also any other information or suggestions are always welcomed. '
thanks for your time,e and your knowledge

80sbaby!!!

I'm curious by what that means too. I know its 2 years later and we'll probably never know the answer to that. Anyways, I'm on the small arrow 8 subs too, prescribed 2 a day. Also seems to be a massive drop in potency from other bupe even bupe combo products. But no problems other than that. Except when injected. I filter several times using STERILE cotton, and the solution isn't thick at all to me. That's not the problem. The problem is each time I shoot, my hands go numb or "pins and needle"(not cotton fever) feeling in extremeties. I use the same cotton for Roxy 30s with no side effects. I also get blurred vision that sometimes is very extreme about a minute after injection. Also, hives around the injection site (never hives from taking sublingual or insufflated like I should if I were allergic.) I have also ivd Roxane 54s with no problems. Something is obviously in these little pills that are really bad(no shit) something worse for me than a normal non micronfilteted pill in the bloodstream. Any insight? I'm new on here . Actually, this is my very first comment or post even. I haven't even gotten around to an intro yet.

I just realized that there have been more posts than I thought . I feel stupid. When I read this, the last post it showed was from 2012, then I post and sure enough y'all have been posting since then so disregard the first 2 sentences of my last post.

Hello all I started on suboxone but asked my doc to move to subutex! The naloxone gave me head aches and also other side effects that I didn't enjoy. So I been trying all the generics of subutex and my favorite right now are the oval Orange 153! 80s baby the same thing happened to me the first time I took them I was nauseous and wanted to sleep, come to find out I lowered my dose and it went away. Generics can be 20% less or 20% more of the active ingredient without them getting into trouble! Why some people feel some of their subutex is weaker then others. I did my research on generic meds. The orange ones are by far the strongest and as of now I'm trying the new Mylan 924 they seem to be ok but I will go back to the orange 153 next month. Everyone is different and reacts to bupe different. Hope this helps any of you out there trying to find one that help you!!!

Joe Bean

My doctor has me on 3 8mg Subutex per day. I have many pain issues and he knows I have had a problem with opiates in the past.. 24mg Subutex per day is alot. I'm not totality happy with bupenorphine.....I believer that having them dissolve in your mouth causes problems with my teeth. Subutex has absolutely ruined my tolerance to other opiates. It takes something pretty strong to get my attention...And the cost is getting prohibitive....almost $300.00 per month for 90 Subutex. Really makes me look for an alternatives.......I understand d why people turn to heroin....

Fubar: If possible I would try to taper down to at least 12mg, if not 8...
What was your habit before the Subs, because that is a very, imo, unnecessary high dose of Buprenorphine.

What up yall... I just got switched to the 8 arrow generics and I can definitely tell that some of the pills are stronger and some are weaker. JB is that true that generics have a +/- of 20% potency?

Bigsammy it's what I've read and heard yes and not makes sense since some generics are weaker then others not only with subutex, but with perk 30s and 15s I used to do so so many of. I had to hurry my last prescription and get the mylan m 924 brand and they seem to be weak to me since I have to take more then two which is what I'm prescribed a day. I want to get to where I'm taking like 2mg maybe 3 to 4 times daily as for norbup supposedly works better for pain and euphoria. I miss euphoria and being high why I'm on subs but my life since February has been very very good as far as not so much addictive behavior and I lost most my pain med hook ups and switched from Oxys and methadone to subs!

My 2 pennies... 03-06 was on brand Subutex B8 (we're great, super speed ball high. ROA- sublingual every time.

14-15 after relapse, on the generic Arrows. They are weaker, however much better if your ROA is insuffilation or safe IV use. Even sublingual is better given they dissolve so fast, even faster if you crush them, spray or a drop of Alcohol under your tongue then drop the powdered sub perfectly into your preference side. When I look at my under tongue in the mirror I see the left vein is huge and closer to the surface so that's why I chose a side when I sublingual ROA. Anything containing Povidone which is super water soluble at room temp is bad so always use a Micron Filter if you Plan to IV your sub for a long period of time even though you should always use a MF,however I have gotten a perfect clear solution with sterilised cotton filtered x2 every time with no vien damage following strict IV prep procedures.

My thoughts and experiences are completely my own and should never be replicated.

Last edited:
you want a real kick in the ass shoot it with tizanidine. Feel like shooting a full agonist. I have no Idea why but It does, I nod the fuck out every time.

Well Tizanidine is well tolerated over Baclofen and Diazepam when used correctly...however reports of liver damage have been associated with Tizanidine HCL. Thank you for the input, but I think shooting Subutex after taking all necessary precautions is taking a risk in its self, mixing it with X amount of Tiz (your post didn't go into detail but I'm sure the web will)...I may pass givin how much little history I've heard about the two being used in this form of ROA. Swallowing some Baclofen on the side is another story.

Thank you for for the 'food for thought' ,,,,

As usual, nobody recreate anything mentioned in this post. Striking speaking from a theoretical stand point as all and any non supervised IV use is dangerous and deadly.

Last edited:
I am currently en route to Florida from Upstate NY. My doctor prescribed 60 of these mini 8's with arrows to hold me over until I find a new doctor.
I was taking about a 1/4 8mg. Suboxone strip per day.
Firstly, these are very hard to breakdown to a smaller dose. Now Im reading about the fact that they aren't as effective as s B8, which in my opinion, metabolized faster then the strip anyway. I was taking almost twice as much of the Tex then the strip.
Now, I am utterly terrified to think these mini guys are also less effective then the B8. So now what? I went from 1/4 to over a pill a day. WTF?! I remember and usually being told there was no addiction or withdrawal to this medication. What a lie that turned out to be.
I have been on this medication for almost 8 yrs. I'm so tired of being a slave to this stuff.
I seriously I hope I find a way to maintain my 1/4 dose, and all this info is incorrect. Unfortunately, I have found that experimenting with different brand names of this medication has resulted in failure. The original manufacturers have always been the best to go with.

What's the new generic subutex? The tiny ones with the arrow? Those have been around for years already.

They are just as effective, its just people shooting and sniffing them inadvertedly seem to break off more than they meant to or do the half/whole pill in one so the tolerance gets jacked up plus as we all should know by now these work best 1/8-1/4 pill at a time or less (every 12-24hours ime)

Florida crush and powder the pill so the contact area is spread throughout as soon as you take it. Plus break a pill into powder, make 4 even enough points, store 3 in gel caps or some solid airtight container that won't get messed with. Then take the powdered 1/4 as you would

i get a lot of generics as i get my subs thru the NHS but sometimes i get ones called Gabup, which i feel are wayyy more effective but i don't know why?
they even taste better, no cirtus flavoring just a faintly chalky sweetness.

Hmm^ I just googled these, always interesting to see what new preperations come out, sounds very interesting. Do you sublingual them or sniff/IV? Maybe something about the way they are prepared, and how it dissolves on the interface of ones mouth/nose and the pill itself's ingredients/how that contributes to the overall pH microenvironment causing a lack of pH spikes or perhaps a pH spike/drop in just the right place/time for maximum absorption? And that could somehow affect overall tissue distribution as well.

yeah perhaps man perhaps. i normally saved these ones for sublingual as they actual taste pretty nice (i hate the citrus flavouring subs tend to have), but they're fine snorted/plugged too. not too clued up on the chemical side of things but i can see how diff formulations may have different ways of delivering the bupe - not all the same like i previously thought.

As far as inctive ingridients idk.However i can say ive banged a few of them and they are handsdown better than anyvshootable pill ive ever done including the k8 dilaudids .The rush isnt as booming but for me i was impressed totally because it had been a day since id done anything at all and it came on like a clean pharm grade speed mixed with a nice norco buzz all at once and i thout it was the shiznit...On the otherhand i havent tried the old subutex but am about to but everyone keeps taking all these seemed to be extra nonsense steps so im curious as to even do it or not ..Needless to say im an old school head thats been polishing rockets for 20 yrs so turning back now is impossible .If u know then u know ..so ill hit yall back if i find difficulties..I know it cant be any worst than banging an op.or morphinecontin..

Hmm^ I just googled these, always interesting to see what new preperations come out, sounds very interesting. Do you sublingual them or sniff/IV? Maybe something about the way they are prepared, and how it dissolves on the interface of ones mouth/nose and the pill itself's ingredients/how that contributes to the overall pH microenvironment causing a lack of pH spikes or perhaps a pH spike/drop in just the right place/time for maximum absorption? And that could somehow affect overall tissue distribution as well.

i noticed there weren't many photos of these so thought i'd take one with my crappy webcam.
the tablets themselves have a 2 on one side and an arrow on the other, and they're a bit convex too.
gabup is produced by martindale

and they;re my faves <3