Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The new class system

doofqueen

Bluelighter
I have been thinking about this concept for a while now...it may sound stupid but i have noticed since i got into the dance and electronic teckno scene their seems to be a laack of what once was racism, sexism, ageism, classism (money etc) , homophobia and what not ...(which is a good thing).....don't get me wrong....the less discriminatiopn of any kind is all for the better and i'm glad of it. I guess the majority of people have finally realised that the colour of your skin, the age you are, what god you believe in, who you are fucking doesn't matter and isn't important (well it's important becaause it makes you who you are but it's not an issue)

What i have noticed though is people pick on each other's music tatse and thinks their 'group' is better then any other.

People who like rnb bag the shit out of people who like gabber...

Gabber people rip off happyhard...

etc etc i could give so many examples..

Why can't we just like the music and scenes that we live without all the fighting beyween who listens to better music? i mean really.......you wouln't listen to it if it was shit would you? and what smells to one person is going to smell nice to another...so to speak 8)

suck my fucking plur....unite and dance together ;)

RnB is shite. I think it's shameful that someone associated it with the old rhythm and blues of time gone by.
To liken nelly, sisquo and other talentless hacks to real musicians like BB King, Percy Sledge etc is just abhorrent.
I just thought I'd use this post to say how much I hate 'RnB', I have heard better noises come out of my asshole.

Class war! Fight the trash!

:p=D

Last edited:
ummm this is exacly what i mean...i hate rnb but others don't so why can't you just let them be and enjoy their 'shit' ?

Coz everyone likes to think that they are more 'enlightened' towards things than others. Therefore we also like to try and impose our beliefs on everyone around us.

A lot of people just need someone else to hate.

stace.

yeh whatever,..

COS THIS IS MAH UNITED STATES OF WHATEVER!!
;) :D

Pffft...all you noobs....now back in my days, music was.... ;)

But this happens with ALL music, not just "electronic" music. I mean hell, I think people who like country music are idiots. There's no sense in trying to make everyone like everything - differing opinion is what makes life exciting.

yeah but there is such a thing as respect too though.....and not hating someone because they are from that scene or like that sort of music

Why can't we just like the music and scenes that we live without all the fighting beyween who listens to better music?

Because otherwise, the world would be a nice, uncomplicated and incredibly boring place.

I have certain views, beliefs and experiences that coalece to form an opinion. I share my opinon. Others disagree, positing their opinions. Debate ensues. Later somebody puts forth an opinion that declares all opinons may be right in their own special way, and that we should all respect others opinions by not challenging them. Sombody else says that persons opinion is wrong. The other person disagreess and challenges the opinion of the other person to claim that it is wrong to challenge the opinion of anybody. Heads explode in confusion.

I really hate certain music. I will not refrain from making this apparent should the situation require it. Obviously some people can take this to unhealthy extremes, but then again some people are in dire need of A Real Life.

I agree, some people debate music with the same vehemence that would be afforded to stuff like religion or politics, which is probably something of an indication of a somewhat tenuous hold on reality.
But really, can you say you have never scanned over somebodies CD collection while they were out of the room and had that little voice in your head go: "Gene Pitney. Holy fuck. Do not have sex with this person..."
Come on, I know you have...

y'know i kinda like some of those old gene pitney songs!

*hides from -thoth*

But really, can you say you have never scanned over somebodies CD collection while they were out of the room and had that little voice in your head go: "Gene Pitney. Holy fuck. Do not have sex with this person..."

Hahaha ok I'll admit I've done something simular to that before.

i detest mediocrity in all styles of music. respect whenever i hear something worthwile. it's just that r'n'b seems to be mediocrity all 'round these days. i loved hip-hop back in the day. public enemy, ice t, de la soul. today's output is putrid. about the only artist with a shred of talent and honesty is emminem, and he ain't even black.

in all styles and genres, if it's good, and has some artistic value, i'll acknowledge it and even if i don't like it, i'll respect it. but when one of my cousins goes off about some r'n'b song purely because the video for it has a lot of tits in it, i will bag it to the extreme.

i can't say that I love all kinda music but i dun bag those that I dun like.

Our music taste also changes as we got older. I am not ashamed to say that I used to love trance. I also used to listen to cantopop and jpop. I still do get little tingles when i listen to certain trance tracks that I still like till today.

I love house and techno these days. I am also beginning to appreciate DnB alot more. I do listen to Top40s in the car. I just love music. I dun think I can leave without it.

People that bag other genres of music besides those that they like is just being immature. We should all try to be open minded. Why do we take stuff at times? Is it to expand our mind and soul? To experience music at a different level? So bagging other genre of music is just a contradiction to what you believe.

:)

mr_fluffy said:
but when one of my cousins goes off about some r'n'b song purely because the video for it has a lot of tits in it, i will bag it to the extreme.
Fuck oath!
We all detest some music out there, and we all think there are talentless hacks out there getting credit and acclaim for the sonic equivilent of stomach bile.
Hiding behind a pseudo-enlightened facade of PC bullshit is dishonest to everyone, and when your friend chucks on 50 cent for the fifteenth time you'll be regretting your decision that just admitting you think it's tripe is 'bad karma' or some other irrelevant rubbish. 8(

watch out cat amongst the pigeons.........
I disagree with the idea that those involved in the doof - techno seen are not racist, homophobic etc. sure there are individuals who are open but on the whole the scene is like any other. many put on a face for the event but in the most they are just as prone to catagorization. one only has to look at all the cliches in the way the scene is represented to realise that.

when I was at school who i hung with was defined by the music i was into. we had the "homies" and the "metlas". always one vs the other. and too bad if you were into both.

funny how some people still act like they still at school.

rnb sucks as well as many other forms of music, most of which i dont call music. like rock that the singers just scream.... system of a crap.
but i try not to impose my hardcore and drum n bass beliefs onto them...

the guy who sings the united states of whatever is not funny and shoyuld be shot. that is not music!!

i always think that when people bag out other types of music, its because they're insecure about their own and feel the need to bag out other music and promote theirs. Respect other peoples tastes, fuck even pop music has its place.

Without the diversity you wouldn't have the music you mostly like enjoy.

And if another type of music bothers you so much you have to bag it out all the time, you have way to much time on your hands. (almost as much time as discussing this on a message board :p )

i realise diference is good and i like the fact that we are all different and like different things therefore making the world an interesting place to live etc butu are missingmy point ppl...i'm talking about a weird new class system that seems to be going on....instead of colour and gender beingan issue it depends what music we are listending too....i think it's weird anyway ...

For a class system to emerge there need to be dominant heirachical systems of power. I would debate this exists in the music scene, which while being fractured into groups of varying taste, does not represent something like classism. Unless you can argue that techno fans have some kind of social control/power/privalege over say, R'n'B fans, then all you have are two groups that like different shit.

Comparing it with colour, gender and sexuality are flawed analogies... Blacks, Women and Gays in these instances faced conditions of cultural/social/economic/political opression from dominant, established power heirarchies and were denied the privaleges these powerholders posessed. This was no issue of black/white, gay/straight, male/female difference of opinion... It was about people who were in the order of things disposessed, and as such had to fight against the dominant discourse to get the rights they wanted.

Believing your opinions or tastes are "better" than somebody else's to some extreme is only arsehole egomaniac behaviour until you actually deprive sombody else or another whole group of rights through it. In conditions like that, you can get class systems developing... Its less a case of differing opinions as it is have's and have nots.

So until then... I can slag off at country music, and they can pay me out right back. Until I nuke Nashville, who really gives a shit?