⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

I use subtitles even when I watch something in English

Same. For me, the audio goes from quiet discussion to roaring explosions, so I can't crank the audio up for dialogue only to have it rattle the windows 5min later so I keep audio reasonably low and subs to help ensure I don't miss anything.

If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend the animated series "Love, Death & Robots." It's super amazing animation with really trippy sci-fi or off the wall ideas. They can be beautiful, sad, disturbing, trippy or all of those things. They're all short, stand alone little pieces and I really think it's a great concept and very well executed. I hope it comes back with another season.

I highly recommend the animated series "Love, Death & Robots."

I loved it too, reminded me of the best parts of The Animatrix.

Would love to see more of this anthology format, in various genres. Just let creators go with an idea, could be for short film what the pulp magazine format was for sci-fi and horror in the 40s and 50s.

not netflix - it's on showtime - but...

i just wrapped escape at dannemora:

MV5BMTgxOTA3ODc1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjI5OTQ1NjM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

great story (based on a true story) and a great cast. it built nicely and i really enjoyed it.

alasdair

I'm still binge watching shameless (UK version of course) whenever I put Netflix on. I'm on season 9 now, of either 11 or 13. Love it although the earlier seasons were definitely better...newer seasons have too much focus on the many new/random characters, I prefer the old school cast...

I was wondering what I'm going to watch next, and I think @Wilson Wilson has just made my mind up for me 👍

Netflix is like basic cable. I imagine it's good for people who don't watch much TV or who'll watch whatever is on there

I've watched Bloodride since it's Norwegian. Movies are scarce which are more my thing, but I can force myself through a horror series. Luckily I also have PLUTO TV and like or I'd be bored hitting repeat

Cheers ;)

I'm watching Scream the series, I think for the second time. It's all right

It's a pain to constantly have to look up titles online since there are a lot of shows/films listed under horror that aren't. Some dramas have even been listed under horror, just a heads up

I wouldn't say Netflix sucks but there's very little there to watch if you plan to watch something new everyday, which kind of disappoints me. Nothing is perfect, I guess

Been watching "The Business of Drugs". I'm always curious to see how drug related content is being presented to the masses. Quite decent. I'm about halfway through the episodes I think. Just finished H yesterday. It seems to have a pretty bleak view of the war on drugs at least. (y)

I'm watching Scream the series, I think for the second time. It's all right

It's a pain to constantly have to look up titles online since there are a lot of shows/films listed under horror that aren't. Some dramas have even been listed under horror, just a heads up

I wouldn't say Netflix sucks but there's very little there to watch if you plan to watch something new everyday, which kind of disappoints me. Nothing is perfect, I guess
Warning. Season 3 of Scream is a completely new cast of actors and only lasts 6 episodes. It's terrible. You don't know who is supposed to be who or anything. I'm not picky but this is awful

It goes nowhere and makes no sense

Finishing up The Haunting of Hill House series; it's only 10 episodes. I generally dislike series but this one is good. The pacing is slow and good film quality

The only thing that sucks and tends to happen in series is episode 9 seems like the last episode. Episode 10 has characters that aren't explained/developed , they just show up like we're supposed to know who they are, so you have to think about it. It kind of distances you from the whole experience

Maybe I'm too picky, hehe. Otherwise it's good ;)

I just finished up season 1 of "The Last Dance" (2020) that details Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls and their journey through winning 6 championships. I personally don't really care about sports much, but a friend told me it was good, so I gave it a shot. I thought it was really well done and it really showed the development, obstacles, drive and the raw, powerful and complicated nature of Michael Jordan. I felt like I have a far more nuanced understanding of him and basketball in general. Also, it is in some ways, a long highlight reel of some of the best players of all time doing what they do best and really brought home the high level of athleticism and mental fortitude it takes to make it to the top...6 times! It's an ESPN/Netflix joint picture and I recommend it, I feel pumped after just watching it.

Last edited:
I'm still binge watching shameless (UK version of course) whenever I put Netflix on. I'm on season 9 now, of either 11 or 13. Love it although the earlier seasons were definitely better...newer seasons have too much focus on the many new/random characters, I prefer the old school cast...

I was wondering what I'm going to watch next, and I think @Wilson Wilson has just made my mind up for me 👍
I wonder if it's just me or maybe you ran into this too. Season 11 is missing