Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

I like the things I like...and tend not to notice the ton o'crap in the back that they may have put out. (y)
Fair enough. I mean, there are good Netflix originals. I really enjoy their shorts, such as Frankenstein's Monster's Monster, Frankenstein. I just feel they're pulling funding for licensing of tried and true F&TV in favor of their own boring uninspired projects.

Also, the frickin' CGI in The Irishman made me wana puke. And the extended edition of The Hateful Eight wasn't even actually extended... they just broke the film into four pieces. Same run-time if you take out the intro/catch-up part at the beginning of each. Like WTF is that?

I just canceled Netflix for this month. I’ll be back another month. I’m already paying for HBO Now app and Amazon Prime, shit adds up.

The Ozark is coming back later this month for those who care, but I dropped off of that show after the 1st season. Jason Bateman is such a cutie though. Mmmm...

The Ozark is coming back later this month

Another original I did enjoy quite a bit. Like Narcos, it was recommended a lot at the time, and in my typical fashion I'm months behind in getting to what everyone else has seen. It kept pushing things further and further, at some point (this season?) they are going to jump the shark...they have to.

Fair enough. I mean, there are good Netflix originals. I really enjoy their shorts, such as Frankenstein's Monster's Monster, Frankenstein. I just feel they're pulling funding for licensing of tried and true F&TV in favor of their own boring uninspired projects.

Also, the frickin' CGI in The Irishman made me wana puke. And the extended edition of The Hateful Eight wasn't even actually extended... they just broke the film into four pieces. Same run-time if you take out the intro/catch-up part at the beginning of each. Like WTF is that?

Could you specify a bit more on The Hateful Eight? I have that on my watch list but wasn't sure exactly what the "extended" version was compared to the regular? As the last thing I'd want to do with something that long is watch "catch up". I run into that enough with watching anime. ;)
I enjoy some Netflix originals. I've seen some foreign (to me at least; I'm in the US) documentaries that I found quite fascinating. Some decent movies & shows as well. They can be hit or miss just like anything else. :\

Like @TheLoveBandit I'm way behind on what everyone else has seen regardless of platform. I'm a late comer to the streaming game & am working on catching up. Just started "The Strain" on Hulu / FX as opposed to Netflix. I enjoyed the books & am curious how the show will compare but I digress.

I just mean it’s the same movie, I didn’t notice anything new. They give you the button to skip the intro. Why not just watch the whole original film?

I just mean it’s the same movie, I didn’t notice anything new. They give you the button to skip the intro. Why not just watch the whole original film?

Thanks. I guess I was misunderstanding something. :unsure: I figured I'd just watch the extended version as I thought it would be the original plus more stuff. Thanks for clarifying. I'll just watch the whole original. (y)

Watching the latest ‘Curb...’ episode.

Leon: “Magical vagina. I wanna see what the fuck that is. I could pull a rabbit outta that motherfucker!” 🤣

My granny just told me she’s watching a movie on Netflix called ‘Spenser Confidential’ and Marc Maron happens to be in it.

She knows I’m in love with him so I gotta check it out.

Just looked at the cast list, I see Cassie is in it too. She is soooo hot! 😍

Last edited:
Started the series Dirty Money.. Greed baby here we go

Edit: good shit so far,, just rolling into ep 3.. current capitalism will fuck ya up.

Last edited:
Watching the latest ‘Curb...’ episode.

Leon: “Magical vagina. I wanna see what the fuck that is. I could pull a rabbit outta that motherfucker!” 🤣

Thank you! I love Curb, yet somehow it completely eluded me that there was a new season. I will have to binge watch it once the whole season is out.

Haha! I’ve gotta rewatch the finale of ‘The Outsider’ too! I shortly went into a pasta coma after I made some yummy thin spaghetti. I couldn’t focus on the show.

Oh and I also have to watch the new ‘Curb...’ from this past Sunday.

Started the series Dirty Money.. Greed baby here we go

Edit: good shit so far,, just rolling into ep 3.. current capitalism will fuck ya up.

Good pick. I found it to be an interesting show. Looking forward to the next season. I think it comes out tomorrow actually. :unsure: If you are finding Dirty Money worth watching you might want to check out "Rotten" if you haven't. It's food industry & $ related.

Money really does corrupt everything. The maple syrup mafia episode for fucks sake. :LOL: Sadly enough the actual situations aren't quite as funny. :\ Some of the higher quality English language documentaries on Netflix. Most of the docs on Netflix I've found most interesting where in languages other than English. I can't remember the name of them offhand but some of the Columbia / Latin America (in general) where quite interesting IMHO. I like to be able to see the perspective of the people who are actually in whatever situation or area the doc is covering as opposed to the "American" viewpoint shown in a lot of docs.
Obviously there's quite a discrepancy in how situations are portrayed in the American vs not American docs but I digress. :\

As for myself in terms of what I'm watching I'm taking a break from Netflix & going back & watching "The Strain" on Hulu. I really enjoyed the books when they came out & had forgotten all about the fact that it had been adapted. I'm quite happy to see that FX is now on Hulu. As there's a few shows on FX I'd miss otherwise.
I came really late to the streaming party & am slowly catching up. I have far to large a backlog but I'm working on it. ;)

Good pick. I found it to be an interesting show. Looking forward to the next season. I think it comes out tomorrow actually. :unsure: If you are finding Dirty Money worth watching you might want to check out "Rotten" if you haven't. It's food industry & $ related.

Money really does corrupt everything. The maple syrup mafia episode for fucks sake. :LOL: Sadly enough the actual situations aren't quite as funny. :\ Some of the higher quality English language documentaries on Netflix. Most of the docs on Netflix I've found most interesting where in languages other than English. I can't remember the name of them offhand but some of the Columbia / Latin America (in general) where quite interesting IMHO. I like to be able to see the perspective of the people who are actually in whatever situation or area the doc is covering as opposed to the "American" viewpoint shown in a lot of docs.
Obviously there's quite a discrepancy in how situations are portrayed in the American vs not American docs but I digress. :\

As for myself in terms of what I'm watching I'm taking a break from Netflix & going back & watching "The Strain" on Hulu. I really enjoyed the books when they came out & had forgotten all about the fact that it had been adapted. I'm quite happy to see that FX is now on Hulu. As there's a few shows on FX I'd miss otherwise.
I came really late to the streaming party & am slowly catching up. I have far to large a backlog but I'm working on it. ;)

So part way through the Cartel Bank. How many times and in how many ways do we end up seeing regulators share in profits from their enacted laws. Its simple equation and it works on so many fronts. Any of you all think tobacco companies are nasty greedy fuckers .. well lets look at their partners..kind of 50 50 pals..

LOL a five week profit loss given to the people who are supposed to enforce this. i'm at 38 min into that episode.

What you need to do to remove the criminal out of equation, is remove the crime out of it.

Last edited:
Damn Ive seen 8 episodes of the witcher but I thought there would be 10?

On the other hand I hadnt even noticed that they had put out the titans 2nd season. So I guess Im gonna watch it now.