Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

I heard 'Echo In the Canyon' is a good documentary. Bob Dylan's son, Jacob Dylan talks about different musicians. Music fans should really like that one on Netflix.

The Devil Next Door is out now on Netflix. There are a few good things to check out.

I think there's a Tom Petty documentary on Amazon.

It's harder for me to force myself to watch TV these days for some reason, but I checked out the first episode of The Devil Next Door.

Whoa! It's super intense, you can feel all the tension going on between the Jewish people who want to see Ivan the Terrible executed.
He's a total sociopath. He keeps denying he is Ivan the Terrible. That was the worst guard at the camp who killed 1 million Jewish people.
He came to America to try to live a normal life and hide his identity. He got caught. I'm thinking it's him, but he keeps denying it. Total sociopath. Scary.
The court scene made me cry. Looking at all those people in there hurting who deserve justice and hearing about what happened at the camp...brutal.

They even show footage of the camp throughout the documentary...all those bodies piled up on top of each other. Makes me sick to know someone could do that to all those innocent people. I don't know what happens to this cunt at the end, but I hope he gets what's coming to him if he is actually Ivan the Terrible.

I just saw that 'The End Of The Fucking World' finally has a season 2! It's been forever. I remember it mostly though, but damn, I wouldn't blame people if they forgot about it by now.

^^ The Devil Next Door was an extraordinary watch. I won't spoil it but well worth watching the final two episodes. (That specific defense, though - some stereotypes are real)

^Info? Plz

Phenomenal to think about, how things have changed/not; definitely, both legally & regarding, forensics. However, the critique of media/press freedoms unregulated. The old media is the new Facebook/Twitter/ (shock!)Netflix. However, many factors to think about, how we fucked up, and will again in our quest for freedoms and/or constraints, socially & legally, demonstrated, in this rl horror story.

Last edited:
^Info? Plz

Phenomenal to think about, how things have changed/not; definitely, both legally & regarding, forensics. However, the critique of media/press freedoms unregulated. The old media is the new Facebook/Twitter/ (shock!)Netflix. However, many factors to think about, how we fucked up, and will again in our quest for freedoms and/or constraints, socially & legally, demonstrated, in this rl horror story.

Awww I will get to that one. "Who Killed Little Gregory". True crime documentaries are always fascinating. I started to watch a little of it and I wasn't thrilled it's in another language. Sometimes I don't feel like reading subtitles, especially when my ADHD kicks in.

^^ The Devil Next Door was an extraordinary watch. I won't spoil it but well worth watching the final two episodes. (That specific defense, though - some stereotypes are real)

You convinced me to finish The Devil Next Door...my attention span is kinda short. That took so many twists and turns I didn't expect! Wow. I love how it was pointed out in the end that Nazis have been hiding here in US all along. They were brought over here to continue mind control experiments, etc. Just more proof of government lies.

Oh I'm going to watch The Irishman movie on Netflix with Joe Pesci, Dinero and Pacino, looks interesting.

I finished the new British series on Amazon Prime called "The Feed", loved it. It's basically like if the majority of the population had their social feed implanted in their brain. They can walk around and see it in front of their eyes all the time. Huge addiction and distraction just like real life. Shit hits the fan when every one's software is corrupted. It has a zombie apocalypse vibe too. I also adored how the main characters is an interracial couple...white guy/black woman. Cute.

Another interesting series on Amazon Prime is called "Paranormal Nightmares", especially the very first episode is the best one. I think they blew their load on that first episode.
It's a real series about 3 brothers who experienced a haunting when they were younger. Now they go around casting out demons from people's homes who need help. (All done in the name of Jesus Christ on the cross throughout the house with holy water of course).

Last edited:
Awww I will get to that one. "Who Killed Little Gregory". True crime documentaries are always fascinating. I started to watch a little of it and I wasn't thrilled it's in another language. Sometimes I don't feel like reading subtitles, especially when my ADHD kicks in.

Understandable about subtitles, CTC.
Think a lot of people find them distracting, also.
The story about the subject is pretty, fascinating, if not pretty incredible in how it unfolds. If you get a chance, have a read about case, think you'd like!

You convinced me to finish The Devil Next Door...my attention span is kinda short. That took so many twists and turns I didn't expect! Wow. I love how it was pointed out in the end that Nazis have been hiding here in US all along. They were brought over here to continue mind control experiments, etc. Just more proof of government lies.

Was a great show. Heartbreaking also.
It's hard to imagine that there was many, many countries supporting the nazi party & hitler before WW2, including elements in the US re. business & fiscal interests mixed up with it as the ideology was covertly represented by strong scientific & economic projections for countries , usually commonplace. Politics has always been far more complex & messy than represented by pop historical media revisions.. Always, so many rabbit holes - many bleak, unfortunately, yet, not all. 🙂

Oh I'm going to watch The Irishman movie on Netflix with Joe Pesci, Dinero and Pacino, looks interesting.

Saw two mins of it, when calling to someone ...it seemed disappointing, read reviews weren't great either. Still, will give it a proper try, over Xmas. Let us know what you think, eh? 👍

Understandable about subtitles, CTC.
Think a lot of people find them distracting, also.
The story about the subject is pretty, fascinating, if not pretty incredible in how it unfolds. If you get a chance, have a read about case, think you'd like!

Was a great show. Heartbreaking also.
It's hard to imagine that there was many, many countries supporting the nazi party & hitler before WW2, including elements in the US re. business & fiscal interests mixed up with it as the ideology was covertly represented by strong scientific & economic projections for countries , usually commonplace. Politics has always been far more complex & messy than represented by pop historical media revisions.. Always, so many rabbit holes - many bleak, unfortunately, yet, not all. 🙂

Saw two mins of it, when calling to someone ...it seemed disappointing, read reviews weren't great either. Still, will give it a proper try, over Xmas. Let us know what you think, eh? 👍

I'll report back. Did you know Pesci sings? When I first heard this, I tripped out. Listen to the beginning of this song, you'd swear it's a woman. Haha

NOT on Netflix, sorry for that... but I don't really want to bump some old thread of start a new one just for this, it's FX production and FOX Showcase has this (and maybe some others depending on region)

Oh man, this is one of the series I'm kind of sad to not bump into earlier, but at the same time kind of happy because now I can marathon 3 seasons of it. Think Sopranos, but in Australia. Main character is not family man like Tony, but is fighting the - at least some of - same mental problems as Tony was. Ray is more of a loner-type and with joker kind of facial expressions and attitude (just look at that smile :D). Now I'm gonna go back to my glass of rum and watch this gem few more episodes or seasons. 🥃

Watched the pilot episode of Watchmen and it was intensely epic.

Watchmen on HBO. You're right! It's insanely good so far! It starts off with a bang. I didn't know about the Tulsa Massacre in 1921, shame. I always wonder how much more has been hidden from us? It really makes me sick.
I love the thought put behind the characters. The story becomes more and more unique and quirky. It's very well written.

I'm on episode 3 now. This show reflects society these days.

Last edited:
@schizopath Are you caught up on all of the Watchmen episodes? After I watch episode 8, I'll be caught up, then the finale comes on Sunday.

Only read this part if you've seen episodes 5 & 6:

This series goes deeper than I could ever imagine and I'm loving it! It only confirms what I already know. Did you see how they talked about mind-control? During episode 6 Angela is experiencing Will's memories...Will discovered that the cops he worked with are using mind-control on people to make them kill others. There's a symbol of an eye, it made me think of "The Eye Of Horus" symbolism used all the time in the media today. When Will first joined the military, a sergeant told him to "Beware the Cyclops." I think he was warning him about the mind-control experiments...as well as the whole KKK thing going on.
They also openly talk about dirty politics and the secret society. Adrian Veidt represents Illuminati and their hidden agenda. Episode 5 is very revealing when he addresses the President in a videotape. Adrian Veidt tells the President he already knew he would be chosen years before it even happened because it was planned out that way. He just needs the President to help his agenda along...basically be a puppet.
They are putting plenty of the truth right out there. I'm surprised, but not surprised at the same time. The truth has always been hidden in plain sight. Let me know your thoughts. Can't wait for the finale!

Last edited:
Series on NF but Ep 1 on YT
Really poignant series, ho hype just footage of secondary sources. A documentary about the unconscionable, Judenfrei system, in E. Europe pre- gas chamber intro, and WWII

Last edited:
The finale of Watchmen on HBO was excellent!

A new HBO show is coming January 12th based on a Stephen King novel, 'The Outsider'. I see Jason Bateman is in it. I adore him, so cute. This looks interesting...

The finale of Watchmen on HBO was excellent!

A new HBO show is coming January 12th based on a Stephen King novel, 'The Outsider'. I see Jason Bateman is in it. I adore him, so cute. This looks interesting...

Wha??? He needs to slow his roll and stop appearing in new shows when I'm still waiting on a new Ozarks season. For shame... My free subscription is about to run out.

Wha??? He needs to slow his roll and stop appearing in new shows when I'm still waiting on a new Ozarks season. For shame... My free subscription is about to run out.

Haha! I don't have Netflix this month. The Ozark is pretty good from the few episodes I've seen. Jason Bateman stays in the best shows/movies. He doesn't seem to age either, weird.

I probably won't get Netflix next month either. I'm paying for HBO app already and have Amazon Prime. Next month, I'll pay for Showtime through Amazon Prime. Gotta figure out how to do that. It might be free at first. Ray Donovan is back on Showtime. I want to watch the new season. I love Jon Voight's character, Mickey.