• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

The Nasty Nuttiness (6-8 grams of nutmeg)

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
Nutmeg tastes great as a spice, but it seriously sucks as a drug. Lately, I have been in a position where I lack access to conventional substances. So, I began turning to over the counter things to get messed up. I had wonderful, positive, and life changing experiences with morning glory seeds (they contain LSA, a close chemical relative of LSD). Then, I decided I wanted something over the counter that I could use frequently, possibly even daily like I did with weed. So, I decided to turn to nutmeg to get my rocks off. I had a number of good experiences with the spice, despite the side effects of feeling a bit sick at times on it. It felt very similar to weed, which was why I thought it was okay to use it on a frequent bordering on daily basis. It also was why I didn't give this substance the respect it deserves. As you may imagine, it led to a very shitty time.

T- 1:00 PM: I consume a threshold-low dose of the stuff, I figure enough to "get a good buzz" going on for the day. However, I figured I'd be fine to go about my usual daily routine. I took like maybe 7 grams or something like that. It was at the bottom of the container, and as I heard the bottom of the container is much stronger. The material with more essential oils sinks to the bottom. Still, I think nothing of it, because I took a "low dose" for psychoactive effects.

T- 1:40 PM: I'm listening to Asking Alexandria, and I am enjoying the music a lot. I'm into it a lot more, and I feel quite euphoric. Things seem great :)

T- 2:15 PM: Still feeling good, and I am planning to go out later to a place where people play cards. However, I mishear my Mom saying something about that I wouldn't be able to go. It turns out she didn't say anything of the sort. I was still feeling good, so I wrote this confusion off as nothing.

T- 3:45 PM: I go to the store. I'm still feeling pretty good. I get something to eat, and I have a beer. I talk to the girl at the counter, and she seems to be flirting with me. I get a little carried away with myself in my mind, feeling very grandiose. I talk with her a little bit, but then I end up leaving. I think part of me was a little nervous talking to her, because of the shame associated with getting high on a spice.

T- 4:15 PM: I am walking to the store. I have an odd experience where I hear someone commenting on painting my ring finger black. My Mom had commented that it made me "look creepy" earlier. So, I was feeling very self conscious about how I looked during this experience. However, I do not see anyone on the street that said it. There were cars, so I suppose it's theoretically possible that someone was criticizing me about it out their car window? I don't know, I suspect that this may have been all in my head though. I'm a guy, so it would have stood out as different. Still, the scenario of someone rolling down their car window to say something about it to me strikes me as somewhat unlikely of an occurrence. However, this occurrence created feelings of paranoia. T- 4:30 PM: I decide to look for some morning glory seeds, thinking I will ingest them later along with my nutmeg trip. I figured that mixing the two substances may be interesting, and I am thinking of doing it. At the store, I look for the seeds. I ask a clerk where the morning glory seeds are. I have the idea that I could combine the two when I am alone in my room at night later and really trip my ass off. I figure the strangeness of the nutmeg and the enlightening experience of the morning glory would lead to a very interesting experience. I frankly have no idea exactly what it will do, but I am interested to experiment with it. Unfortunately, they aren't there. My mind feels like it's racing in a way similar to a strong cannabis high, but I don't feel very impaired.

T- 5:00 PM: I decide to have another beer, which is a very good one. While there, I am enjoying myself. I am enjoying the beer, and I enjoy talking to people. I still am having feelings of euphoria, and the effect of the alcohol seems to be synergizing well with the nutmeg.

T- 6:00 PM: I play cards with people, but I quickly do terrible. I end up losing the game, and I am very frustrated. I contemplate going back to the pizza shop like I often do to talk to the girl again. However, I am concerned I may make a poor impression of myself, due to the nutmeg.

T- 6:30 PM: I take a leak at the pizza shop, and they revamped the bathroom. This leaves me very confused. For a moment, I forget I am in the pizza shop. The change in the look of the room leads to a brief second of being confused as to where I am. It was weird, just this strange flash of "where the hell am I?" I walk outside and have vivid daydreams of moving away to be with this girl I liked in college. I am feeling quite intoxicated as I am walking around, kind of like a drunken feeling. However, it also has this undercurrent of trippy daydreams.

T- 7:00 PM: I go back to play cards, now very messed up. I must appear intoxicated, and this guy says something to me about having "had too much to drink". I say that I am tired. Honestly, I am feeling like I can barely stay awake. I even begin to nod off at points. I say that I am "very tired". I feel that if anyone knew the truth that I am actually high on nutmeg, they would think I was a desperate drug addict and complete fuck up. At points, I am staring off, just getting lost in daydreams. I just am looking out the window daydreaming a lot, just very quiet. I usually am quite sociable, but I suddenly had no interest in really talking or doing anything. I felt somewhat disassociated but also inebriated as if I were a cross of being high and drunk. Things also have a somewhat unreal, lucid dream like quality to them.

T- 7:30 PM: I am feeling quite messed up. A guy approaches me to trade cards, and I do get some good trades. My heart is also racing a bit, and I am getting these "confused" moments where it's like I'm just someplace else entirely kind of.

T- 8:00 PM: I go outside, and I am just thinking to myself, "Oh fuck, I shouldn't have done this." I realize the nutmeg is clearly impairing my ability to socialize and really be engaged. I feel like an idiot for waking up and deciding to get high off a freaking spice, even though I had made a habit of doing just that. It's just that the other times I was just chilling in my room, so no one ended up seeing me seeming "out of it". I sit down, and I have an interesting moment. I just stare up at this tree, and it's glowing around it a little bit.

T- 8:15 PM: I see these two teenagers, and I hear them talking. One is saying something about "Did you see his hand, he's going to get shot for that." In my very intoxicated, crappy, paranoid state, I think to myself that they are talking about me for walking around with the one nail painted black. However, really they were talking about something with painting a rebel flag on something. Well, that does make a little bit more sense actually :) However, despite knowing otherwise, I somehow get the idea that maybe they were talking about me. I even start thinking that maybe it's true that some random person might shoot me or something for "looking creepy". I feel like it's very unlikely, but it seems like a perfectly plausible scenario in my altered state. I get my Dad to pick me up, because being out in public is making me paranoid.

T- 8:30 PM: I get in the car, and I feel hypnotized. The ride leads to this very hypnotic feeling, and I feel as though I am just lost in daydreams. My Dad keeps asking me if I am okay, and I am saying I am. I feel very dazed, and I am paranoid about what happened earlier. I decide to take it off, because in my altered, mindfucked nutmeg world I fear that someone could very well see it and attack me for "looking creepy". My Dad notices that I seem like I'm "acting weird". First, I am brushing off the question. Then, he comes right out and says that he is thinking I am "on something". I'm just feeling kind of hypnotized in a way still, kind of like I was in the car. However, it also feels like I'm on some really deep trains of thought. Then, I just admit that I am actually high on nutmeg. My Dad seems quite disappointed that I would "resort to getting high off spices".

T- 9:00 PM: My parents are definitely disappointed but not angry that I "wouldn't even be able to resist getting high off of a spice". My Dad is not wanting me to move out as I was saying, because he feels like if I'd be unable to even resist spices that I'd go off the deep end if I was in a position of more ability to get drugs. For some reason, this just resounds with me. I think to myself that it does kind of seem like addictive behavior to regularly be turning to spices to get my rocks off. I feel horrible and like a loser for doing that, but I realize I need to change something. I just get so bored sometimes that I feel like I'd resort to anything to get fucked up. I have an interesting moment talking to my Mom, everything is very bright when I walk back in the house. In addition to everything getting very sharp, there are these prisms around my Mom's head. As this is happening, my Mom is saying something about it "being concerning that I wouldn't even be able to resist getting messed up off spices". She's also asking me if she thinks "the nutmeg is what's affecting you" to which I just say yes. However, I'll admit I was just kind of enjoying the visuals at this point :)

T- 9:45 PM: I go in the shower, and I feel like I have hit a low point. I've gotten so bored with doing nothing that I would resort to anything to get high, even a kitchen spice. However, then I have a sudden realization.......... wait there is actually a whole world out there. I began thinking to myself that I would immediately get myself engaged in something. The lifestyle I was living of constantly getting high off anything, even scraping around for household substances to "get fucked up" wasn't going anywhere.

T- 10:30 PM: I am feeling extremely euphoric now, I am thinking about my future and how I can do so much with myself. I am realizing there is so much I can do with myself and my life. I excitedly tell my Mom this, and she is agreeing with me. I am now just feeling great and full of energy. The music on my computer sounds great, and this is no longer a crappy feeling. Instead, I am energized off the fact that I can actually do something with myself. I look in the paper finding things to do. I find a lot of stuff, and I am feeling great.

T- 11:30 PM: I start to come down, but I am still off. I still have some of the paranoid thoughts I had before. However, I'm beginning to look at it from a more rational perspective. I post something on bluelight asking opinions as to whether what I was thinking made sense. I am still unsure if I was really being talked about by those guys and the people in the car. However, I am questioning it rather than just completely mindfucked about it.

T- 1:30 AM: I am now realizing that those two guys were actually not talking about me, and it was all in my head.

T- 2:00 AM: I go to sleep, and I notice that my dreams are more vivid towards the end of the evening. The nutmeg definitely enhanced my dreams, but I have difficulty at the moment remembering what they were about.

T- 12:00 PM: I wake up, feeling a nice happy afterglow. I realize to face the day and do something good with myself. I have made plans, and I am realizing to be more engaged with life in general. I feel like I came to a very positive conclusion about my life plans and goals, and I have chosen to truly embrace it.

I did nutmeg once... while in a treatment center about 4 yrs ago. I also drank the vanilla there.... I was in a low low place. Lol.

The effects of the nutmeg lasted like 24hrs and other than upset stomach and nutmeg burps I honestly enjoyed the experience. I DID do it with a fellow "client"at the place. He made it a lot of fun. He is schizophrenic to begin with (I have a few schizo friends and am not saying that in a negative way) so it was a riot.

I had no paranoia minus briefly once I realized how strong the effects would be and for how long!