• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ketamine salts solubility

1-(3,4,5-triiodophenyl)-2-methylaminopropane.png

IRAN / PERSIA

Note the alpha "trigger" carbon. Mild, but mixes nicely with Gabriel & Dresden's "Bloom" or "Global Underground: Deep Dish." Tez, if you have some original work of your own to share,feel free. Otherwise, eat my initials backwards, PMA.

Or are you simply and sincerely asking me to spell out their names? Idk it's been a long day.

Blondie: 1-(2-methoxy-4,5-dimethylphenyl)-2-aminopropane

Sex On Wheels: 1-(4-methoxy-3,5-dimethylphenyl)-2-aminopropane

Israel: 1-(3,4,5-trimethylmercaptophenyl)-2-aminoethane

The King & I: 4-iodo-dimethyltryptamine

Iran / Persia: 1-(3,4,5-triiodophenyl)-2-methylaminopropane

The Serpent: Restricted

Tez, hope that helps. Didn't mean to get my panties in a wad earlier.

12-methoxy-1-pentyl-N,N-diethyllysergamide.png

PAUL BUNYAN (Pb, JRC)
12-methoxy-1-pentyl-N,N-diethyllysergamide

"I freaked out very, very badly. I FREAKED out on ACID. I would never buy drugs. I can't afford drugs. I LIVE for drugs!!!" (From the album The Best of the TKK)

Diamonds in the rough:

Propanol.png

BEOWULF

1-(4-iodophenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

BROOKS

Sorry for posting so much tonight. Tomorrow I'll be back in rehab. I finally chewed up 6 mg haldol on top of 3 mg prior vyrayzar or wtfe it's called. Tris, everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
12-methoxy-1-pentyl-N,N-diethyllysergamide.png

PAUL BUNYAN (Pb, JRC)
12-methoxy-1-pentyl-N,N-diethyllysergamide

"I freaked out very, very badly. I FREAKED out on ACID. I would never buy drugs. I can't afford drugs. I LIVE for drugs!!!" (From the album The Best of the TKK)

Diamonds in the rough:

Propanol.png

BEOWULF

1-(4-iodophenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

BROOKS

Sorry for posting so much tonight. Tomorrow I'll be back in rehab. I finally chewed up 6 mg haldol on top of 3 mg prior vyrayzar or wtfe it's called. Tris, everyone.

Excuse my ignorance, sir, you are a legend to me. I am but a young pharma undergraduate attempting to learn from my seniors. I can't help but wonder have you sampled any of your magnificent ideas and how were the results could you relate to me?

On another note, the serpent looks like a cross between nitazene/fentanyl/indazole and I have to get in bed with that immediately :'D

Best, Tez

Most of those compounds would perform poorly as hallucinogens. 4-iodoamphetamine is already known as a neurotoxin for instance.

Probably worth the effort to spend less time thinking up silly names and more time applying rational QSAR principles.

Most of those compounds would perform poorly as hallucinogens. 4-iodoamphetamine is already known as a neurotoxin for instance.

Probably worth the effort to spend less time thinking up silly names and more time applying rational QSAR principles.

Respect! Actual pharmacokinetic effects in vivo involve much more than geometry and chemistry. I would be honored to be schooled in said QSAR principles by you, dear sekio!
Thank you!
Tez

For a good introduction try flipping through PiHKAl and TiHKAL, pay attention to the dosage/activity with respect to the structure of the molecule.

Trapping of Syntaxin1a in Presynaptic Nanoclusters by a Clinically Relevant General Anesthetic
Adekunle T. Bademosi, James Steeves, Shanker Karunanithi, Oressia H. Zalucki, Rachel S. Gormal, Shu Liu, Elsa Lauwers, Patrik Verstreken, Victor Anggono, Frederic A. Meunier, Bruno van Swinderen
Propofol is the most commonly used general anesthetic in humans. Our understanding of its mechanism of action has focused on its capacity to potentiate inhibitory systems in the brain. However, it is unknown whether other neural mechanisms are involved in general anesthesia. Here, we demonstrate that the synaptic release machinery is also a target. Using single-particle tracking photoactivation localization microscopy, we show that clinically relevant concentrations of propofol and etomidate restrict syntaxin1A mobility on the plasma membrane, whereas non-anesthetic analogs produce the opposite effect and increase syntaxin1A mobility. Removing the interaction with the t-SNARE partner SNAP-25 abolishes propofol-induced syntaxin1A confinement, indicating that syntaxin1A and SNAP-25 together form an emergent drug target. Impaired syntaxin1A mobility and exocytosis under propofol are both rescued by co-expressing a truncated syntaxin1A construct that interacts with SNAP-25. Our results suggest that propofol interferes with a step in SNARE complex formation, resulting in non-functional syntaxin1A nanoclusters.

http://www.cell.com/cell-reports/fulltext/S2211-1247(17)31878-8

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2017.00152/full
Novel Psychoactive Substances-Recent Progress on Neuropharmacological Mechanisms of Action for Selected Drugs - Zurina Hassan1, Oliver G. Bosch2, Darshan Singh1, Suresh Narayanan3, B. Vicknasingam Kasinather1, Erich Seifritz2, Johannes Kornhuber4, Boris B. Quednow5 and Christian P. M?ller4*

A feature of human culture is that we can learn to consume chemical compounds, derived from natural plants or synthetic fabrication, for their psychoactive effects. These drugs change the mental state and/or the behavioral performance of an individual and can be instrumentalized for various purposes. After the emergence of a novel psychoactive substance (NPS) and a period of experimental consumption, personal and medical benefits and harm potential of the NPS can be estimated on evidence base. This may lead to a legal classification of the NPS, which may range from limited medical use, controlled availability up to a complete ban of the drug form publically accepted use. With these measures, however, a drug does not disappear, but frequently continues to be used, which eventually allows an even better estimate of the drug?s properties. Thus, only in rare cases, there is a final verdict that is no more questioned. Instead, the view on a drug can change from tolerable to harmful but may also involve the new establishment of a desired medical application to a previously harmful drug. Here, we provide a summary review on a number of NPS for which the neuropharmacological evaluation has made important progress in recent years. They include mitragynine ('Kratom'), synthetic cannabinoids (e.g., 'Spice'), dimethyltryptamine and novel serotonergic hallucinogens, the cathinones mephedrone and methylone, ketamine and novel dissociative drugs, γ-hydroxybutyrate, γ-butyrolactone, and 1,4-butanediol. This review shows not only emerging harm potentials but also some potential medical applications.

Last edited:
Stimulants don't effect people with ADD any differently than others
https://www.nature.com/articles/1301164

Stimulants such as methylphenidate and amphetamine are currently the most common treatment for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). For years, it was assumed that stimulants had paradoxical calming effects in ADHD patients, whereas stimulating ?€˜normal?€™ individuals and producing locomotor activation in rats. It is now known that low doses of stimulants focus attention and improve executive function in both normal and ADHD subjects. Furthermore, the seminal work of Kuczenski and Segal showed that low, oral doses of methylphenidate reduce locomotor activity in rats as well.

People love to say otherwise

1-(3-methoxy-4-methylphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

LITTLE DEBBIE (MORTICIA)

"Adams' Family Values" (film)

Intense, focused, determined.

2-methylamino-1-(4-ethyl-3-methoxyphenyl)propane.png

IAN (MICHAEL STIPE)

Lead singer of R.E.M., legendary college rock band from Athens, GA.

Not sure if the N-methyl will retain activity with the 4-ethylphenyl when on the same drug, but I give all the amphetamines I deem masculine an N-methyl.

IAN's 4-ethyl > MORTICIA's 4-methyl.

1-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminoethane.png

HARE KRISHNA!!! HARE KRISHNA!!! KRISHNA!!! KRISHNA!!!

Oxygen, O = 16 g/mol

16 + 16 + 16 = 48

Last edited:
What's with the names to some of these that already have names? Also, I don't understand the naming convention to some of these.. like it doesn't make sense and you seem to just be posting molecules and putting a random name on it and really nothing else

Comparative efficacy and acceptability of 21 antidepressant drugs for the acute treatment of adults with major depressive disorder: a systematic review and network meta-analysis
We identified 28 552 citations and of these included 522 trials comprising 116 477 participants. In terms of efficacy, all antidepressants were more effective than placebo, with ORs ranging between 2.13 (95% credible interval [CrI] 1.89-2.41) for amitriptyline and 1.37 (1.16-1.63) for reboxetine. For acceptability, only agomelatine (OR 0.84, 95% CrI 0.72-0.97) and fluoxetine (0.88, 0.80-0.96) were associated with fewer dropouts than placebo, whereas clomipramine was worse than placebo (1.30, 1.01-1.68). When all trials were considered, differences in ORs between antidepressants ranged from 1.15 to 1.55 for efficacy and from 0.64 to 0.83 for acceptability, with wide CrIs on most of the comparative analyses. In head-to-head studies, agomelatine, amitriptyline, escitalopram, mirtazapine, paroxetine, venlafaxine, and vortioxetine were more effective than other antidepressants (range of ORs 1.19-1.96), whereas fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, reboxetine, and trazodone were the least efficacious drugs (0.51-0.84). For acceptability, agomelatine, citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine, sertraline, and vortioxetine were more tolerable than other antidepressants (range of ORs 0.43-0.77), whereas amitriptyline, clomipramine, duloxetine, fluvoxamine, reboxetine, trazodone, and venlafaxine had the highest dropout rates (1.30-2.32). 46 (9%) of 522 trials were rated as high risk of bias, 380 (73%) trials as moderate, and 96 (18%) as low; and the certainty of evidence was moderate to very low.

All antidepressants were more efficacious than placebo in adults with major depressive disorder. Smaller differences between active drugs were found when placebo-controlled trials were included in the analysis, whereas there was more variability in efficacy and acceptability in head-to-head trials. These results should serve evidence-based practice and inform patients, physicians, guideline developers, and policy makers on the relative merits of the different antidepressants.
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)32802-7/fulltext

Very interesting.

1-(4-methoxyphenyl)-3-oxobutane.png

RASPBERRY KETONE

1-(4-methoxyphenyl)-3-aminobutane.png

RAS(PUTIN)<--ruler of Russia. Can't say that I'd recommend tasting this one.

Me gusta Lambick bier, tho. YUMMY. Ein bier, bitte. Danke shon.

"Talk show host and Holy Ghosts are buried in the Sand. Beautify the foothills. Shake the many hands..."--Nirvana Unplugged.

"I will not stop!"--Sikora, "All Funked Up."

RAS(PUTIN)<--ruler of Russia. Can't say that I'd recommend tasting this one.

It's also not likely to be active, Shulgin did look at the homologs of MD(M)A with +1 carbon (so the 3-aminobutane analog) and they were inactive.

It's also not likely to be active, Shulgin did look at the homologs of MD(M)A with +1 carbon (so the 3-aminobutane analog) and they were inactive.

Are you sure it wasn't active in the 2016 election?

@adder: I did not know that.. I would place the dotted line 'away from the paper' going from broad to slim (because of.. you know.. actual perspective)

Gueuze lambic is brilliant.. it's like the beer equivalent of sourdough, I really want to brew it but I probably should get a better handle on more regular beers first. I also love kriek (cherry beer) but it's a bit fruity to really qualify as beer.

The α2δ-1-NMDA Receptor Complex Is Critically Involved in Neuropathic Pain Developmen

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Thoughts? The α2δ-1-NMDA Receptor Complex Is Critically Involved in Neuropathic Pain Development and Gabapentin Therapeutic Actions[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]http://www.cell.com/cell-reports/fulltext/S2211-1247(18)30189-X[/FONT][/FONT]

I think alpha2delta and NMDAr upregulation aren't the end all be all of neuropathic pain but they're certainly important

If the amine is protonated, it is not nucleophilic.

1-(5-methoxy-benzofuran-6-yl)-2-methylaminopropane.png

SHAN(E/A)

2-ethylamino-2-(indol-3-yl)-cyclohexanone.png

SHANNON

DJ Sasha--"Northern Exposure 2: Eastcoast Edition" (cd)
DJ Faust--"Man Or Myth?" (cd)
Psalms 78

1-(1-pentyl-indol-3-yl)-1-oxo-2-dimethylaminoethane.png

THOTH (King Pentheus)

1-(1-hexyl-4-chloro-indol-3-yl)-1-oxo-2-dimethylaminoethane.png

OSCAR

1-(4,5,6-trichloro-indol-3-yl)-2-dimethylaminoethane.png

ANUBIS

1-(5-bromo-indol-3-yl)-2-aminopropane.png

SET

1-(1-(2-phenylethyl)-4-hydroxyindol-3-yl)-1-oxo-2-dimethylaminoethane.png

ARTHUR

sin = O/H
cos = A/H
tan = O/A

Oscar Had A Hold On Arthur.

1-(1-(2-cyclohexylethyl)-6-chloroindol-3-yl)-1-oxo-2-dimethylaminoethane.png

NEPTHYS (Sondra, ESP)

1-phenyl-1-oxo-2-aminopropane.png

ISIS [KHAT]

"There are only pieces, pieces of me. What's the use in dying, if I never see?"--OSIRIS [Here We Go Magic (eponymous)].

See also Humpty Dumpty.
"All The King's Men"--by Robert Penn Warren.
"Southern Discomfort"--Rehab.
"Watermelon, Chicken, and Grits."--The Nappy Roots. (or rappy noots)

1-phenyl-2-aminopropane.png

PHOEBUS APOLLO

It Is I, My Lord.

1-(indol-3-yl)-2-dimethylaminoethane.png

THE HOLY GHOST

"DMT: The Spirit Molecule" (book)

4-(2-phenylethyl)-1-(1-thiaindazole-3-yl)-piperazine.png

SPENCE (designer Geodon)

1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenyl)-1-methoxy-2-aminopropane.png

LIL BOBBY

1-(5-methoxy-indol-3-yl)-2-aminopropane.png

LIL ANDRA <--what ESP called me.

"So don't touch me, cuz I'm electric, and if you touch me, you'll get shocked."--The Beastie Boys.
"Electric"--The Pet Shop Boys.

"Anything you say? Anything I say. What a wonderful philosophy you have."--Xorcist video, "Governet (THEY LIVE)."
"The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test" (book)
"Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do" (book)

Man Does Not Live By Bread Alone, But By Every Word That Proceeds From The Mouth Of God.

Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. AMEN (NH3, 'NAME').

Is there any reason you feel the need to post so many molecules that already exist (and that you have posted before) with weird names and obscure references?