• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom The mystery of Kratom dosage for optimal results, why no reports of positivity from more?

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
It seems on the internet most people get the most results from 2-6 gram dosages of Kratom.

Why does it not have more feel able effects when you take more, aka Why does it feel Prickley when you try to get a bigger high possibly less euphoria noticed when you take like more than these amounts.

It's overlooked how difficult the substance is to digest in my opinion. My theory on this is that the body can only digest so much before the excess is just a waste. But the part of kratom that makes one dizzy and produces nausea seems to always come through lol.

I know with tramadol and codeine there is a noted ceiling effect as well. It's probably just something similar. Heroin does not seem to have a ceiling effect for most iirc. They always want to get higher despite the nausea. I found personally that opioids have a ceiling. If I pass a sweetspot there's NO euphoria. Suddenly dysphoria (paranoia and intoxication with zero euphoria). Very bizarre.

It's overlooked how difficult the substance is to digest in my opinion. My theory on this is that the body can only digest so much before the excess is just a waste. But the part of kratom that makes one dizzy and produces nausea seems to always come through lol.

I know with tramadol and codeine there is a noted ceiling effect as well. It's probably just something similar. Heroin does not seem to have a ceiling effect for most iirc. They always want to get higher despite the nausea. I found personally that opioids have a ceiling. If I pass a sweetspot there's NO euphoria. Suddenly dysphoria (paranoia and intoxication with zero euphoria). Very bizarre.

There is no dizziness and nausea, I merely get the Intoxicated feeling with zero euphoria if I ingest too much kratom. I was wondering if anybody gets more out of higher doses of kratom is the point.

Howcome I sometimes can handle bigger doses of kratom if im on DXM for example. Or why do I have a friend from college I recall eating Bodybuilding supplement spoons of it, like 50-150 grams a day but he was taking benzos so does the kratom merely mess with Gaba A maybe to cause dysphoria? The same way I cant even take 30-40 mg Dexedrine Three times in a day without peripheral intoxication overtaking me without the use of Say 1 mg Kpin.

Inotherwords, does kratom have more peripheral intoxication at higher doses not noticed with other opiods that benzos can remove.

Last edited:
There is no dizziness and nausea, I merely get the Intoxicated feeling with zero euphoria if I ingest too much kratom. I was wondering if anybody gets more out of higher doses of kratom is the point.

Howcome I sometimes can handle bigger doses of kratom if im on DXM for example. Or why do I have a friend from college I recall eating Bodybuilding supplement spoons of it, like 50-150 grams a day but he was taking benzos so does the kratom merely mess with Gaba A maybe?

You're asking questions nobody really can answer because the substance hasn't been studied enough. 20 grams is the often said sweet-spot for most people. Those taking huge amounts daily tend to stop at 20 grams per each sitting. I don't think anyone does benefit from higher than that. On adderall I can ingest more than my usual dose (capped at 10 grams per sitting at most) and not notice the negative side effects.. but I think it's purely subjective and the interactions of other substances are not really chemicals at play just how one is processing different effects of substances simultaneously. On benzos you'd be able to take more without worrying about dysphoria and I do find it to be more euphoric, but only because the benzos seem to blur out the negative side effects of it. I might just be babbling and way off your question lol.

Btw I've seen information floating around that the USA is attempting to ban it still. I can't confirm any of this but once again I am wildly disappointed at my government's attempt to save people from their poisonous epidemic. Suddenly thousands will be wicked sick from the kratom ban and forced onto stronger and cheaper things like fent-laced heroin :oops: I don't know how much more time there is for it to be studied :/

You're asking questions nobody really can answer because the substance hasn't been studied enough. 20 grams is the often said sweet-spot for most people. Those taking huge amounts daily tend to stop at 20 grams per each sitting. I don't think anyone does benefit from higher than that. On adderall I can ingest more than my usual dose (capped at 10 grams per sitting at most) and not notice the negative side effects.. but I think it's purely subjective and the interactions of other substances are not really chemicals at play just how one is processing different effects of substances simultaneously. On benzos you'd be able to take more without worrying about dysphoria and I do find it to be more euphoric, but only because the benzos seem to blur out the negative side effects of it. I might just be babbling and way off your question lol.

Btw I've seen information floating around that the USA is attempting to ban it still. I can't confirm any of this but once again I am wildly disappointed at my government's attempt to save people from their poisonous epidemic. Suddenly thousands will be wicked sick from the kratom ban and forced onto stronger and cheaper things like fent-laced heroin :oops: I don't know how much more time there is for it to be studied :/

I agree with the 20 gram per day for kratom, people online be acting like you cant take more than 3-4 gram without dysophoria or 10 grams lol in like a day

Kratom's a partial agonist so it will have a ceiling effect. It is also difficult to digest at times. I think I wasted a lot when I was toss and washing. Now mixing it with orange juice it hits the spot most of the time, I use 4 grams doses regularly. Pretty much 4-5 times a day.

There are reports of people needing to take 10-20g per dose to feel anything, but most people agree on kratom having a ceiling dose. I personally can't take more than 4.5-5g per dose or I start feeling bad (my sweet spot is 3-4g). When I became more tolerant I didn't up the dose, I just took it more often. But my tolerance hasn't increased in a while.

I don't think we know enough about kratom to provide a detailed explanation. It has something to do with mitragynine's pharmacology, it's a partial agonist at MOR, a competitive antagonist at KOR&DOR and an adrenergic agonist (at alpha-2), among other things. Apparently it also binds to some adenosine (A2a), dopamine (D2) and serotonin (5-HT2C and 5-HT7) receptors.

So the effects are quite complex, plus mitragynine has active metabolites (the main one being 7-OH-mitragynine) which also play a role.

I am one of those that needs 10+ grams to get anything out of it. I was like that from the beginning, from when I was buying crushed leaf Bali and grinded myself. My old joke is 2 grams would not even make me sneeze if I inhaled it :D Never understood the 2-4 gram people but hey, goes to show how we are all different. Use it how it suits you. There is no right or wrong.

Does chewing on it actually have a different effect if you buy non grinded leaves?

There are reports of people needing to take 10-20g per dose to feel anything, but most people agree on kratom having a ceiling dose. I personally can't take more than 4.5-5g per dose or I start feeling bad (my sweet spot is 3-4g). When I became more tolerant I didn't up the dose, I just took it more often. But my tolerance hasn't increased in a while.

I don't think we know enough about kratom to provide a detailed explanation. It has something to do with mitragynine's pharmacology, it's a partial agonist at MOR, a competitive antagonist at KOR&DOR and an adrenergic agonist (at alpha-2), among other things. Apparently it also binds to some adenosine (A2a), dopamine (D2) and serotonin (5-HT2C and 5-HT7) receptors.

So the effects are quite complex, plus mitragynine has active metabolites (the main one being 7-OH-mitragynine) which also play a role.

Yeah why do I feel it does something weird to adrenaline in my face if I take too much that blocks any euphoria.

Kratom is a strange drug, there are times when I've got nothing from it no matter how much I take. I think it's one of those less-is-more things, where if you keep trying to take more to chase a high, it will have the opposite effect.

So less may well be more, and it's quite a subtle drug. For some people it does nothing much. I usually fill cellulose caps and swallow them. I also add in some kratom extract to 'boost' the plain leaf, but I don't know if that's overkill

I liked it but it gives me a stomach ache. I don't understand it. I guess it is just too harsh to be worth it. Tastes worse than a xanax too.
It serves its purpose, but I would never use it everyday, because actually too harsh. 💔

I liked it but it gives me a stomach ache. I don't understand it. I guess it is just too harsh to be worth it. Tastes worse than a xanax too.
It serves its purpose, but I would never use it everyday, because actually too harsh. 💔

do you use extract or just the plain leaf powder?

I'm imbibing some kratom tonight but not feeling a thing. 😖

Maybe I take too much and miss the 'sweet spot' -I don't know. It's kind of frustrating

One thing I was not anticipating was how speedy Kratom would make me feel. Everyone warned me about the nausea so I was prepared for that, and it happened. The last time I was expecting w/d I had none. And I didn’t use Kratom or Loperamide. The only thing new was Vyvanse, which I had just restarted after about 4-5 years. I went an entire week without any Oxys, and I have a 20 year opiate history and take 3x20mg Oxy daily.

One thing I was not anticipating was how speedy Kratom would make me feel. Everyone warned me about the nausea so I was prepared for that, and it happened. The last time I was expecting w/d I had none. And I didn’t use Kratom or Loperamide. The only thing new was Vyvanse, which I had just restarted after about 4-5 years. I went an entire week without any Oxys, and I have a 20 year opiate history and take 3x20mg Oxy daily.

and did you find kratom comparable to Oxys?

Not at all comparable, Oxys are happy, relaxing, feel good pills. Kratom is speedy. But Kratom has helped me with w/d symptoms, though, in conjunction with Loperamide.
But now that I’m back on Vyvanse there’s no way I’d take Kratom again for opiate w/d unless the w/d was super symptomatic and I opted to skip the Vyvanse. Right now if I was worried about opiate w/d issues, I’d go with Loperamide on its own.

It seems on the internet most people get the most results from 2-6 gram dosages of Kratom.

Why does it not have more feel able effects when you take more, aka Why does it feel Prickley when you try to get a bigger high possibly less euphoria noticed when you take like more than these amounts.
I actually rarely use kratom or any opiates at all but my sweet spot 10-12g of high quality white maeng da but thst dose has me so fucked I can't hide it...lots of tremors smiles and I'm.sure you could see how how I am.just by looking at my face or trying to talk to me.
But yeah, I prefer a higher dose...when I do take kratom I liked to get very fucked up on it.

I actually rarely use kratom or any opiates at all but my sweet spot 10-12g of high quality white maeng da but thst dose has me so fucked I can't hide it...lots of tremors smiles and I'm.sure you could see how how I am.just by looking at my face or trying to talk to me.
But yeah, I prefer a higher dose...when I do take kratom I liked to get very fucked up on it.

what's the best way to get fucked up on it? I often hear that if you take too much kratom you miss any good effects and just feel sick

what's the best way to get fucked up on it? I often hear that if you take too much kratom you miss any good effects and just feel sick
For me it's all about choosing the right strain...years ago when it was dirt cheap to import I got like 5kg of various strains and 1 stood out from the rest....the White Maeng Da.
Thst stuff is just fire! Totally different high than the other strains...lots of energy but also ridiculous euphoria.
But for me I found if I take even 1 gram passed my maximum dose I'll end up barfing and it does get dysphoric if you take too much.
You have to find your personal sweet spot without overdoing it.
I also just put the powder into 000 gel caps and I always drink it with strong coffee....I personally find coffee (not just caffeine) strongly potentates kratom in a positive way.
But high doses also last ages....I cant sleep for like 16 hours after doses of 10g of white maeng da.