• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom The mystery of Kratom dosage for optimal results, why no reports of positivity from more?

Kratom for me is very hit or miss, even from the same batch with the same doses. Right now I only buy from 1 vendor who sells wild harvested Kratom and has COA’s with alkaloid content for all of his batches.
My perfect dose is right around 3g. I use this for energy and focus instead of pain relief so lower doses work fine for that and I try not to dose more than twice a day. Adding an extra gram or two per dose doesn’t seem to add much to the feel good effect for me.
I switch it up between the 3 strains to keep it fresh. Oddly enough the strain with the lowest amount of mytragynine is the one I find most potent in an opioid way.
I never gave much thought to crushed leaf vs powder. Now I need to try some crushed leaf tea.

I am one of those that needs 10+ grams to get anything out of it. I was like that from the beginning, from when I was buying crushed leaf Bali and grinded myself. My old joke is 2 grams would not even make me sneeze if I inhaled it :D Never understood the 2-4 gram people but hey, goes to show how we are all different. Use it how it suits you. There is no right or wrong.
Same my dude

Wow okay, so I made the traditional tea method from this crushed leaf. 2 extractions by lightly simmering 11 grams of crushed leaf for 20 minutes each. Combined, cooled in the fridge. it turned the color of creamed coffee and tastes way worse than usual:

3W9gAGp.jpg

It's like it used to be! I feel a rush of euphoria, no dizziness or adrenergic effect, it's like a come-up of cocaine a bit mixed with oxy, which is exactly how I remember it. Fuck me, either this supply is much higher quality than what I've gotten since the "good old days", or I was right about this method. Or both. :)

Since this time I've used the tea quite a few times, and while it is better than swallowing the powder, it is also time consuming and for me, results in a big mess. It requires multiple boilings of 20 minutes each, which is a lot of work. And its inefficient, I'd say you need at least double the amount required when dealing the the powder, where 20g of tea equals 10g of swallowed powder.

It is a nicer, longer lasting high with fewer side-effects. Maybe it was strain i was using but i found it pretty sedating.

But even though it is longer lasting than swallowed powder, it still is a short acting opioid. Making fresh batches can take around hour of your day given the need to redose.

I wonder if my podspresso concept would work with kratom crushed leaf. I doubt it but who knows.

Freshness of the leaf is a big factor not many talk about. Many bulk powders have been sitting around for many months, years since it was processed. Everything I can see says kratom is much more potent within 3 months after being harvested.

It requires multiple boilings of 20 minutes each, which is a lot of work.
This is the main reason I stopped making tea, other than the horrid flavor which grew on me. I actually just gagged thinking about the flavor. I used to add way too much lemon juice, I think that was the problem.

When I dose powder with toss and wash I'm literally done within 2 minutes and don't have to leave my chair.

Again. I read on blacklight that an easy a/b extraction gives material that is reported to be extremely euphoric compared to normal crushed leaves.

Again. I read on blacklight that an easy a/b extraction gives material that is reported to be extremely euphoric compared to normal crushed leaves.

Kratom has so many different alkaloids which modulate the high, I much prefer to leave them all in there.

Extracts are not the full experience, and a lot of us don't really use kratom to get high.

I've tried quite a few, even a very expensive 100mg of "pure 7-OH-Mitragynine", which was fine and dandy but was missing a lot to be desired.

After 10 years of kratom I still love my bulk powder and buy nothing else.

Oh, I'm missing blacklight :confused: thought about opening a similar site/forum but people said there was too little interest.

I have a 20% extract which was initially euphoric but only once, the same before with Maeng Da red, only the first time was euphoric. I was opiate dependent then which makes it even more weird.
Guess it's like buprenorphine, as a partial agonist, bupe worked also only once.

Freshness of the leaf is a big factor not many talk about. Many bulk powders have been sitting around for many months, years since it was processed. Everything I can see says kratom is much more potent within 3 months after being harvested.

This is the main reason I stopped making tea, other than the horrid flavor which grew on me. I actually just gagged thinking about the flavor. I used to add way too much lemon juice, I think that was the problem.

When I dose powder with toss and wash I'm literally done within 2 minutes and don't have to leave my chair.

The tea I made was with dried leaf material not the powder. I have tried making tea with powder and it doesn't work well.

Tea made from dried leaf tastes surprisingly good, much much better than powder tea. This is probably because you dont consume the actual leaf (which is thrown away). I was really surprised since i don't like the taste of kratom but tea made from dried leaf is surprisingly inoffensive. Tea made from powder was nasty though.

Yet is powder tea (with sweetener) nothing in comparison to the dusty-pepper-taste of Kava Kava.

For me powder tea did work well, but I guess the dosages I was using (2 tablespoons at least) weren't the lowest. Didn't feel much differences between powder and dried leaf teas though.

Personally I found kava taste much more palatable than kratom. The taste of strong powder kratom tea with lemon juice haunts my dreams. Foul.

Personally I found kava taste much more palatable than kratom. The taste of strong powder kratom tea with lemon juice haunts my dreams. Foul.
I love the taste of kava. There’s a coffee shop about 45 mins away from me (there’s hiking and whatnot for nice day trip) and they sell kava. And not the really weak stuff you’d buy in a grocery store, it’s legit. It tastes awesome, though sometimes I add cinnamon to it

There’s a coffee shop about 45 mins away from me
I've always wanted to go to one, to have a pro make me some good strong fresh kava.

There was a kava bar in Charlotte but it went out of business when the pandemic hit ;(

Is Kratom used during a opiate taper or mainly just for when you “jump”?

I generally get sick when consuming more than 7g of kratom, regardless of tolerance.

It seems to have a great deal to do with the material itself, because I can consume 250mg of mitragynine in extract form, which is approaching 20g of raw kratom. There is zero chance I could take that much and not get sick. The extracts are also preferential towards mitragynine over the other noxious constituents.

My guess is that those able to consume 20g+ in single sittings have strong stomachs and are generally not susceptible to nausea as a whole.

I generally don't find kratom to be too recreational, but the extracts are the closest.
What do you think of the extracts? Effects? Duration? Dosage? I got a kilo of red powder, and then 5 different extracts to try, from a Wonderland. Some extracts are 40%, some are 60%, soms are full spectrum and some are just mitragynine. I've never used kratom extracts before.

I once went from 295mg methadone to Suboxone to kratom. The kratom held me and got me high every single day but had to quit do to constantly shitting(15-25x per day), probably from 50g of raw plant material daily, and couldn't sleep ever and was twitchy.

Anyways switched from 8mg Suboxone to kratom overnight, 4g 3x daily is holding me. I find it similar to bupe in regards of euphoria and how it's hit or miss. Suboxone got me buzzed or high every single day for 7 years but the degree of the high was always random, sometimes euphoria would be a 3, sometimes a 8 or 9.

I feel like with any opioid, waiting until you have slight withdrawal symptoms to dose is key to really feeling it. If you dose while already high on your last dose, good look getting any euphoria.

Really curious on extracts.

Find Cannabis nicotine and coffee to greatly potentiate opioids. I mean A LOT.

I would also say that 5g kratom equals 20mg of oxycodone imo. Lasts 4-6hours. Found very high doses to hold me up to 12, but so dizzy and sick it's not even worth it.

I would also say that 5g kratom equals 20mg of oxycodone imo. Lasts 4-6hours. Found very high doses to hold me up to 12, but so dizzy and sick it's not even worth it.
Wow, five grams are barely a threshold dosage for me. Never got sick even from 25g (we have somebody here who's been on a 100g/day habit but I wonder how to get that amount down the throat). Once I had a black tar extract of which I foolishly eyeballed a piece and ingested it, next thing I remember is the hardest nod I've ever had. So Kratom can be made potent but most extracts are shit imo and not worth the money.