Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | BK38 | D's | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Seriousish The Most Painful Things You Can Experience

hylite

Bluelighter
Isn't a stingray what killed Steve Irwin? Glad you're okay!
hit him right in the chest.

i couldn't believe he had died. but my brother said really ?

not a matter of if i guess but when. and Erwins mom had just died in a car accident and he was going through tons of depression also.

crazy but that's how it goes. 😮

Klue

Bluelight Crew
Bindi Irwin just had a kid. Certified milf now. I had been waiting until she did playboy but she turned out to be a good girl

penultimate

Greenlighter
I got pronged by a sting ray last Thursday night.

I caught it right on dark and there were heaps of people watching me so I was trying to get it back into the water sans hook. Little shit turned 180 on itself and spiked me right in the top of my hand. Probably about half a cup of blood pulsated and gushed out. 9/10 pain with an out of body experience and dizzy laying down for ten minutes. Couple of hours in hospital. Little fucker got me good. Still hurts pretty bad now. Crikey.

Got him back to the water though.
Oh, man it is the worst pain. I got mine surfing, over 30 years ago. Rookie mistake - rode the board up onto the warm shallows and hopped off. I saw something out of the corner of my eye but then my foot started stinging. I thought the leash had somehow pinched my foot but then I saw blood in the water. I got about 5-6 steps up on the beach and collapsed. My memory is the sky curdled yellow. The next thing I know is I'm staring up at a bunch of faces looking down at me - I definitely passed out for a few seconds, and my body is just on fire - indescribably painful, radiating from my foot out. I assume I threw up and maybe peed my trunks or worse, I don't really remember. I couldn't speak. I could barely breath. Same "out of body" experience. . Then my buddies come and manage to pick me up and carry me over to a lifeguard station. He's some 18 year old kid who can only repeat the word "gnarly". He doesn't have anything to help. He says go ho home and soak my foot in really hot water. My friend drives me the 40 minutes home and says he never heard so many swear words per second coming out of one person in his life. The hot water works and I have end up with this weird cone of cartilage sticking out of my foot which takes a month to be fully expelled. Fortunately everybody wears sandals in San Diego.

Since then, whenever I've been asked to rate my pain 1-10 I think back to that episode and it tempers my response somewhat. Pain like that kind of recalibrates your scale :)

Klue

Bluelight Crew
Nice first post. Welcome to Bluelight 🙂

My mate had no idea what to do and offered to piss on me. I passed on that one.

MsDiz

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Oh, man it is the worst pain. I got mine surfing, over 30 years ago. Rookie mistake - rode the board up onto the warm shallows and hopped off. I saw something out of the corner of my eye but then my foot started stinging. I thought the leash had somehow pinched my foot but then I saw blood in the water. I got about 5-6 steps up on the beach and collapsed. My memory is the sky curdled yellow. The next thing I know is I'm staring up at a bunch of faces looking down at me - I definitely passed out for a few seconds, and my body is just on fire - indescribably painful, radiating from my foot out. I assume I threw up and maybe peed my trunks or worse, I don't really remember. I couldn't speak. I could barely breath. Same "out of body" experience. . Then my buddies come and manage to pick me up and carry me over to a lifeguard station. He's some 18 year old kid who can only repeat the word "gnarly". He doesn't have anything to help. He says go ho home and soak my foot in really hot water. My friend drives me the 40 minutes home and says he never heard so many swear words per second coming out of one person in his life. The hot water works and I have end up with this weird cone of cartilage sticking out of my foot which takes a month to be fully expelled. Fortunately everybody wears sandals in San Diego.

Since then, whenever I've been asked to rate my pain 1-10 I think back to that episode and it tempers my response somewhat. Pain like that kind of recalibrates your scale :)
Doesn’t sound like a stingray but a weaver fish. Sting rays don’t have venom but a weaver fish will do to you what you described and hot water is needed to break down the enzymes.

penultimate

Greenlighter
Nice first post. Welcome to Bluelight 🙂

My mate had no idea what to do and offered to piss on me. I passed on that one.
Thank you , you know I don't think it was a Weaver fish. I looked it up - this was in San Diego CA -the water is cold. You'll often see surfers wearing thin neoprene. LOL about the pissing thing. I had heard about that later. Thinking back, even if the lifeguard had suggested it I don't think any of us would have gone for it, least of all me (there were girls in biinis around, you know how it is :)

I told this story to a woman once and she reminded me that child birth is pretty bad too.

Bumblebear

Greenlighter
BPD is a nightmare
Combined with bi polar 2 and anxiety
I've had a bad kidney infection that could of killed me which I wa son the most acid I've ever done and started vomiting uncontrollably that was a baaad trip
Snapping my ulnar bone in half in a domestic sucked and sucked even more putting on a seat belt and having the bone smash together but I went 4 days like that
Falling on my face from 6 feet was rough mostly my front teeth didn't go to hospital so waited all weekend for dentist but the emotional and psychological truama and embarrassment hurt more
And being self destructive injecting meth with a tie on too tight and blowing up my vein fucking sucked no abcess tho
Oh and cutting my leg with no stitches sucked had like 15 cuts that progressively got worse and didn't start to scab for 2 weeks was excruciating but again mental torment sucked
I would rather physically pain vs emotion truama as I conditioned myself to laugh it off like some lunatic

Mysterier

Moderator: Words
Staff member

JoshLobbs

Bluelighter
Wonder if any of you have experienced any of these and your thoughts on them? Anything there or not there that shocks you?

1) Borderline Personality Disorder/ Major Depressive Disorder
2) Cluster Headaches
3) Trigeminal Neuralgia
4) Shingles
5) Acute Pancreatitis
6) Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
7) Frozen Shoulder
8) Sickle Cell Disease
9) Slipped Disc
10) Arthritis
11) Heart Attack
12) Sciatica
13) Migraine
14) Appendicitis
15) Penile Fracture
16) Endometriosis
17) Fibromyalgia
18) Kidney Stones
19) Spinal Headache
20) Twisted Testicle

Runners up include: Childbirth, Peptic Ulcer, Post-Surgical Pain, Broken Bones and Gout.
I was going to be all poetic abt losing someone and shit but penile fracture hits different.

*C R O N C H *