Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | BK38 | D's | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Seriousish The Most Painful Things You Can Experience

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
Wait, you quit drinking, Ghostie?
Are you now a man without chemical vices?

I honestly think quitting Cherry Frosted Poptarts has caused my weightloss, and might be why I shake in the am.

I need to go to the liquor store today anyway because I bartered with a gardener to trim my rose tree and pluck up the weeds. He wanted $20 + a bottle of Cazadores.
i quit some time in December. quit smoking Dec 23. problem is the boredom and all the money that stacks up from quitting. weather is getting really fucking nice on top of it........ to be continued........

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
I don’t know if it’s from alcohol because I’m not going thru w/drawals. It’s easy enough to drink more + alcohol delivery if I want it and don’t have any. I think maybe I need to eat more. I’m not a big eater, tbh.

Shakes are part of alcohol withdrawals. I will say that when I was younger, I would never shake in the morning, but more recently when I drink a lot over the day, I will be a bit tremory in the morning, I never thought of it as withdrawals and it goes away and never turns into full-blown withdrawal, but it is definitely from the alcohol.

Fiori di Bella

Bluelighter
Shakes are part of alcohol withdrawals. I will say that when I was younger, I would never shake in the morning, but more recently when I drink a lot over the day, I will be a bit tremory in the morning, I never thought of it as withdrawals and it goes away and never turns into full-blown withdrawal, but it is definitely from the alcohol.
Hmmm.....this gives me a lot to think about. 2 or 3 months ago, I was on the phone with Alex...sorry, Outlyer, and he suggested that I was in the early stages of alcoholism. I don’t doubt what he said then or now. I feel so much better nursing a glass of Chardonnay.

I’ve recently switched back to Charddie, from Tequila, of which I’d have 2-3 shots, when feeling anxious. I knew I had a problem when I’d read the things I wrote while drinking the next morning. My sentences were non-cohesive and my words didn’t convey the meaning I intended. I don’t drink daily but at least every other day. I know I need to slow down.

ageingpartyfiend

Bluelighter
i quit some time in December. quit smoking Dec 23. problem is the boredom and all the money that stacks up from quitting. weather is getting really fucking nice on top of it........ to be continued........
yeah it's the lack of smoking not te quitting drink that's caused the weight gain

even if all variables remain the same quitting the cigs lowers the metabolism = heap big fatty iirc

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
yeah it's the lack of smoking not te quitting drink that's caused the weight gain

even if all variables remain the same quitting the cigs lowers the metabolism = heap big fatty iirc
i eat about every third day when i drink. quit smoking for 6 months so many times and never gained weight because i was still drinking

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
Loneliness has never really bothered me much, sometimes I think I could survive a long period of no human contact relatively unscathed (like waking up to any empty post apocalyptic world - sometimes I even fantasize about this - I'd have so much fun) but of course I could be horribly wrong about this as it remains mostly untested in me for any serious length of time.

Now heartbreak? It's insane just how painful that can be, seems unnecessarily painful to me. Broke an arm? Sure that hurts like hell and hopefully the pain helps you heal by avoiding further injury and also provides a decent deterrent for whatever activity led to the break. But heartbreak? Why the hell does it have to hurt so much, so deep and for so long?

I haven't had to deal with poverty yet *knocks on wood* at least not the really severe kind so I can't properly comment there. Sure I've struggled but it could have always been a lot worse so I don't think I have proper perspective here.

Fiori di Bella

Bluelighter
Heartache, poverty, and loneliness are all high on the list. As far as emotional pain goes anyway.
I’ve dealt with all 3 of those and I’d say poverty definitely sucks the most, because it’s something that hurts your heart and it prohibits life’s everyday activities we are accustomed to.

Heartbreak and heartache are awful, too.
I met my first “real” boyfriend (he was my first) during the summer between HS and college. He was a semi-pro surfer, so women were always around him in skimpy bikinis. He cheated on me while on a surfari in Mexico. I found out about it from his friend that came home from the trip early.

I have never had a kidney stone that hurt as much as the pain I felt from that news. I can laugh about it now, and we both do, actually, because he is the best guy friend I have ever had. He was the first place I went when I left both of my husbands and he’s really the only guy that knows all there is to know about me. I tell him anything and everything, and he’s the same way with me.

Loneliness is something that really doesn’t bother me too much. I am very self-entertaining and as long as I’ve got several colored pens + paper, I’m good to go.

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
How long do you have to be drinking for (on average) to get into withdrawal terroritory I never used to drink except rarely in fact I still dose hardly do but I do find I enjoy it more it's handy as well for filling a gap I only need half my other drugs of choices dose

Fiori di Bella

Bluelighter
I had an appendicitis when I was 11 and there were moments that were excruciatingly painful. The pain builds up over a few days into a very bad stomach ache as your appendix swells.

The true pain is the moment it bursts. The pain of part of your intestines swelling up like a balloon to the point it bursts, it explodes.

It's hard to describe the pain in that moment. I was paralyzed, I couldn't speak or breathe. It took me several minutes to crawl to the phone to get help. I was screaming in pain. It felt like being stabbed and the knife twisting over and over.

Then the pain subsides and its a race to the hospital before sepsis and death.

A lot more pain after the surgery. There is a less invasive surgery now, but back then they cut about 3" wide into your abdominal wall, through your abs. Extremely painful to cough, laugh or move your body for 2+ weeks after that. That was actually my first drug experience, they pumped me full of IV morphine on demand.
Was this when you were living in AZ?

I ask because extreme heat makes pain seem worse. God, how I hate anything over 85F.