• The database table for Search and "New Messages" functionality is currently being rebuilt. Until it is completed, you may see empty or incomplete results for these.
  • Bar GraphicOpen Late Graphic

🍸🍻 The Lounge 🍻🍸

Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | BK38 | D's | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Hangry! The MOAN About Something Random Thread

Pumpkin2021

Bluelighter
So you won't have the ramifications of a second DUI, since you haven't been convicted for any of them yet? I didn't realize that was a thing. Second offense is no license for 4 years. I got a DUI in 2018, first offense, and since I work from home, I wouldn't have been able to drive anywhere with limited driving privileges except church (lol), plus I totaled my car, so I just didn't drive for a year at all. Then I had to have a breathalyzer interlock device installed for a year after I got my license back, and I have a 0.04% BAC limit until 2022. For second offense it's lose your license for 4 years, and then maybe 4 more years of ignition interlock? Not sure about the second part.

You 100% will lose your license for at least a year, it's mandatory for first offense. Also mandatory is that when you get your license back, you will need an ignition interlock for a year but you can drive wherever, and you will have a 0.04% BAC limit. In fact even if you didn't bother to go to the DMV and get your license back for 10 years, you'd still be required to do a year of ignition interlock when you did get it back. They will also require you to take probably 48 hours of an alcohol treatment course. It's a giant pain in the ass, the course costs money, and the ignition interlock has a monthly fee too (like $75). And you get charged any time you trigger the interlock device by blowing over your limit. If you choose to take limited driving privileges for work (you can get it after I think 45 days, or maybe 30, from when you get convicted), you will have a 0% limit, and those interlock devices can trigger above 0% for all sorts of things, even if you eat yeast bread and blow into it, or if there is an aroma of ethanol gasoline that you can smell when you blow into it. it's fucked.

I'm not sure if going to jail helps, my lawyer didn't even tell me that was an option. I might have done it if it meant no other consequences, but I know that the ignition interlock thing is definitely a requirement regardless.

You should get a handheld breathalyzer device, you have to get a good one, I got one for like $80 from amazon. If you have had any alcohol that day or even the night before, always, always make sure you're under your limit, you have to blow into it a few times and take the average because it varies slightly each time. You'd be surprised how long it takes to get under 0.04% even the next morning if you got really drunk the night before. One time I partied at a house party and got really drunk and stayed up until 8am. I didn't blow under 0.04% until 6pm , even though I felt completely sober.

You'll also be surprised by how tipsy you feel at 0.08%. At 0.08, I was like man, I probably shouldn't be driving, I'm a little drunk. At 0.04%, I felt basically sober. You will 100% want to get one of those things once you have the ignition interlock, or else you'll end up getting lots of fines and having to take your car in to get it unlocked every time.

The consequences of a DUI really sucks. I hope you don't get charged with a second offense, the first offense was shitty enough, it was a big deal and substantially impacted my life for 2 years. You have a lawyer, right?
Exactly. My first and only DUI was in 2006. My lawyer said : Listen to me very carefully Claire. This first offense is your lesson. The penalty for the 1st is supposed to be a deterrent. If you ever want to have a normal life, you will not survive the 2nd. I quit drinking and driving that day. I have a life.

Pumpkin2021

Bluelighter
I have a non-healing ulcer on my leg since December and it hurts lots. Wound Care decided it would be a good idea to scrape open the wound yesterday to stimulate the healing process. Its unreasonably painful ever since, every few seconds it like a fork gets stabbed into my ankle. Jolts of near screaming intensity. Hardly could get any sleep last night. It hurts. so. much.
My sister has the exact same wound(s). She goes to wound care once a week and isn't having much luck. Her infection is spreading into her bones. It;s horrible.

Zephyn

Bluelighter
So you won't have the ramifications of a second DUI, since you haven't been convicted for any of them yet? I didn't realize that was a thing. Second offense is no license for 4 years. I got a DUI in 2018, first offense, and since I work from home, I wouldn't have been able to drive anywhere with limited driving privileges except church (lol), plus I totaled my car, so I just didn't drive for a year at all. Then I had to have a breathalyzer interlock device installed for a year after I got my license back, and I have a 0.04% BAC limit until 2022. For second offense it's lose your license for 4 years, and then maybe 4 more years of ignition interlock? Not sure about the second part.

You 100% will lose your license for at least a year, it's mandatory for first offense. Also mandatory is that when you get your license back, you will need an ignition interlock for a year but you can drive wherever, and you will have a 0.04% BAC limit. In fact even if you didn't bother to go to the DMV and get your license back for 10 years, you'd still be required to do a year of ignition interlock when you did get it back. They will also require you to take probably 48 hours of an alcohol treatment course. It's a giant pain in the ass, the course costs money, and the ignition interlock has a monthly fee too (like $75). And you get charged any time you trigger the interlock device by blowing over your limit. If you choose to take limited driving privileges for work (you can get it after I think 45 days, or maybe 30, from when you get convicted), you will have a 0% limit, and those interlock devices can trigger above 0% for all sorts of things, even if you eat yeast bread and blow into it, or if there is an aroma of ethanol gasoline that you can smell when you blow into it. it's fucked.

I'm not sure if going to jail helps, my lawyer didn't even tell me that was an option. I might have done it if it meant no other consequences, but I know that the ignition interlock thing is definitely a requirement regardless.

You should get a handheld breathalyzer device, you have to get a good one, I got one for like $80 from amazon. If you have had any alcohol that day or even the night before, always, always make sure you're under your limit, you have to blow into it a few times and take the average because it varies slightly each time. You'd be surprised how long it takes to get under 0.04% even the next morning if you got really drunk the night before. One time I partied at a house party and got really drunk and stayed up until 8am. I didn't blow under 0.04% until 6pm , even though I felt completely sober.

You'll also be surprised by how tipsy you feel at 0.08%. At 0.08, I was like man, I probably shouldn't be driving, I'm a little drunk. At 0.04%, I felt basically sober. You will 100% want to get one of those things once you have the ignition interlock, or else you'll end up getting lots of fines and having to take your car in to get it unlocked every time.

The consequences of a DUI really sucks. I hope you don't get charged with a second offense, the first offense was shitty enough, it was a big deal and substantially impacted my life for 2 years. You have a lawyer, right?
Correct, they can't be charged as a second offense DUI because of the order it happened. Not that I won't have to deal with it, but the penalties for second offense are worse. There is still a chance I will lose my license for 4 years from all this. Really depends on if I can get by working with the warrant for the other on my background check (its nonextraditable). Never showed up until this year, but anyway, I blamed covid this time.
Exactly. My first and only DUI was in 2006. My lawyer said : Listen to me very carefully Claire. This first offense is your lesson. The penalty for the 1st is supposed to be a deterrent. If you ever want to have a normal life, you will not survive the 2nd. I quit drinking and driving that day. I have a life.

Yeah unfortunately I never got the consequences from the first one and the second was unrelated to alcohol. I may wind up convicted of 2 duis this year meaning no license for 4 years. I may only get 1, as my attorney thinks he might be able to work out a deal in the more lenient state.

Theres also the chance that the lenient state drops it down and I never turn myself in to the other, meaning I never lose my license. That really depends on how the job is going in June or July when the next court date is.

Last edited:

Asante

Bluelighter
My sister has the exact same wound(s). She goes to wound care once a week and isn't having much luck. Her infection is spreading into her bones. It;s horrible.

There are alginate patches that contain lots of silver ion, silver acting as a broad spectrum local antibiotic. Its nothing like that conspiracy stuff, this is established mainstream medicine, its also used with burn patients etc. You can only use silver patches for 2 or so weeks per run but it really helps cleaning up the wound ask if that is treatment appropriate and if so, is being used. I see real progress with those, it burns caustically sure, but that hurts less than infection.

To the bone is a nightmare, all well wishes to her!

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
First offense with 2 mitigating factors and my lawyer told me that nothing I can do will result in less than 1 year of no license except work driving privileges, and another 1 year of breathalyzer, and another 2 years of 0.04% BAC but no interlock. But we live in different states. Maybe I just had to already know someone in the county, I dunno.
you need a criminal lawyer that is a bit criminal. fuck it the states attorney doesn't play fair so I'm not gonna either. when in Rome........

Pumpkin2021

Bluelighter
There are alginate patches that contain lots of silver ion, silver acting as a broad spectrum local antibiotic. Its nothing like that conspiracy stuff, this is established mainstream medicine, its also used with burn patients etc. You can only use silver patches for 2 or so weeks per run but it really helps cleaning up the wound ask if that is treatment appropriate and if so, is being used. I see real progress with those, it burns caustically sure, but that hurts less than infection.

To the bone is a nightmare, all well wishes to her!
That silver stuff is the bomb for burns. Had a minor accident at a bonfire and as soon as the Dr. applied it I had instant relief. Picked up a small jug at the pharmacy and it was worth its weight in gold. My sis has been hospitalized on a vancomycin drip several times. Doesn't seem to help much. She said last time we talked that amputation has been discussed. May I ask you a personal question? Are you overwieght? Only reason I ask is because my sister is. Wondering about the diabetes aspect of hers and your issues.

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
Correct, they can't be charged as a second offense DUI because of the order it happened. Not that I won't have to deal with it, but the penalties for second offense are worse. There is still a chance I will lose my license for 4 years from all this. Really depends on if I can get by working with the warrant for the other on my background check (its nonextraditable). Never showed up until this year, but anyway, I blamed covid this time.

Yeah unfortunately I never got the consequences from the first one and the second was unrelated to alcohol. I may wind up convicted of 2 duis this year meaning no license for 4 years. I may only get 1, as my attorney thinks he might be able to work out a deal in the more lenient state.

Theres also the chance that the lenient state drops it down and I never turn myself in to the other, meaning I never lose my license. That really depends on how the job is going in June or July when the next court date is.
i would suggest going to court where you will be tried and watch for a few days. look online first and see who has a private lawyer and more than 1 dui. i guarantee you there's a lawyer there with the connection you need. next make an appointment and find out how much $. be honest and say, I'm looking for a get out of jail free card.

Zephyn

Bluelighter
i would suggest going to court where you will be tried and watch for a few days. look online first and see who has a private lawyer and more than 1 dui. i guarantee you there's a lawyer there with the connection you need. next make an appointment and find out how much $. be honest and say, I'm looking for a get out of jail free card.
Well for the one I haven't turned myself in for and have a warrant, in that state according to any attorney I spoke to there is no deal that could be made for blowing a .175, causing an accident, and absconding from court. I'll be lucky to get bail, and not to do any serious jail time. Thankfully they won't be able to bring up the other DUI in court due to the timing.

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
Well for the one I haven't turned myself in for and have a warrant, in that state according to any attorney I spoke to there is no deal that could be made for blowing a .175, causing an accident, and absconding from court. I'll be lucky to get bail, and not to do any serious jail time. Thankfully they won't be able to bring up the other DUI in court due to the timing.
you're not looking hard enough for the right lawyer. i promise you that you will face a second dui charge. states attorney doesn't play by the rules so u shouldn't. i would make this the priority of my life because once they get your license, they don't want to give it back so easy.

D's

Sr. Moderator: NMI, TDS, TL
Staff member
So, I guess I have been living in a fire hazzard for the last couple of years, not to mention the black mold growing.

Looks gross eh? I really hadn't paid much attention. So the landlord came over today to look at it, and a few other issues in the house and said he has some work to do.

I was told that it is black 'soot' and google said it usually came from fireplaces and candles being burnt and we don't have any of that going on here.

So if I don't respond one day for a while, just flick a match in remberence.

Pumpkin2021

Bluelighter
So, I guess I have been living in a fire hazzard for the last couple of years, not to mention the black mold growing.

Looks gross eh? I really hadn't paid much attention. So the landlord came over today to look at it, and a few other issues in the house and said he has some work to do.

I was told that it is black 'soot' and google said it usually came from fireplaces and candles being burnt and we don't have any of that going on here.

So if I don't respond one day for a while, just flick a match in remberence.
Damn. Glad your landlord came over. Could be soot or black mold spores it's hard to tell. Either way glad it's being corrected.

Pumpkin2021

Bluelighter
FFS, someone just asked me: if I could only open one, starting now and for the rest of my life, would I choose my mouth or my eyes. I thought it was a trick question and I could keep them both open somehow for the rest of my life. Nope....she said only one forever. I told her if anyone chooses their mouth to answer your question, I would suggest you unfriend them. FFS is there anyone here that would choose their mouth over their eyes ( even if you did have to give up blow jobs for the rest of your life)

Bella Figura

Bluelight Crew
Yeah, I'd much rather keep my sight + lose the ability the talk + be fed through a tube, rather than be blind + suck dicks I taste fully + in total darkness + screaming in horror.

D's

Sr. Moderator: NMI, TDS, TL
Staff member
Damn. Glad your landlord came over. Could be soot or black mold spores it's hard to tell. Either way glad it's being corrected.
Yeah, I kind of knew he was going to come over and look at it, because come to think about it, there are times where I will wake up in the middle of the night and unable to breathe through my nose. Could be that black shit? I've kept the vent in my room closed all winter because it will get fucking way to hot in my room. So I just use a little room heater thing.
It is an old house, the only way to change any fair filter is you have to go up into the attic, and there is no way up there unless you have a ladder, and we don't have one. So the air filter hasn't been changed in atleast a year, maybe even longer then that.

Well, something else I'd like to moan about is I found a $50 Exxon mobil gift card, and sadly the nearest Exxon gas station near me is over 150 miles. Maybe it is one of those things that could come in handy on a road trip? Not sure if I can sell it, but yea theres that.

Pumpkin2021

Bluelighter
Yeah, I kind of knew he was going to come over and look at it, because come to think about it, there are times where I will wake up in the middle of the night and unable to breathe through my nose. Could be that black shit? I've kept the vent in my room closed all winter because it will get fucking way to hot in my room. So I just use a little room heater thing.
It is an old house, the only way to change any fair filter is you have to go up into the attic, and there is no way up there unless you have a ladder, and we don't have one. So the air filter hasn't been changed in atleast a year, maybe even longer then that.

Well, something else I'd like to moan about is I found a $50 Exxon mobil gift card, and sadly the nearest Exxon gas station near me is over 150 miles. Maybe it is one of those things that could come in handy on a road trip? Not sure if I can sell it, but yea theres that.
I know why you couldn't breathe so hot. Probably black mold spores. Stachybotris ( or something like that ) is neurotoxic and a lot of people have real complications from it. It's usually hidden behind sheetrock that has had a leak or other areas ( under carpet ) that people can't see. The spores travel freely ( even the hidden ones ) and inhaling them is quite harmful. People freak out when they see green mildew but that's harmless. That black shit will kill you in high concentrations and it affects the lungs and brain first. I have known people that had old houses and leaks that even though they corrected the leak, the damage was done and the new materials covered up the growth of the mold. Please find a ladder, look for any past leaks and the landlord may have to take out a portion of the wall to peek in with a flashlight and check.

Glad you found your Exxon card. yeah those stations are few and far between. Don't think we have any where I am but don't know for sure.

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
I think those Exxon mobile gift cards work at both Exxon and Mobile gas stations (me being capt obvious since it's already in the name: Exxon mobile) but I bring it up in case you didn't already know. There aren't many Exxon gas stations around here (nearest is like 40 miles away) but you can see a Mobile station at nearly every major intersection it seems. So maybe you got some Mobile stations closer to you too? Or aren't there ways to sell gift cards online?

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
I think those Exxon mobile gift cards work at both Exxon and Mobile gas stations (me being capt obvious since it's already in the name: Exxon mobile) but I bring it up in case you didn't already know. There aren't many Exxon gas stations around here (nearest is like 40 miles away) but you can see a Mobile station at nearly every major intersection it seems. So maybe you got some Mobile stations closer to you too? Or aren't there ways to sell gift cards online?