• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The miracle cure for addiction has been hidden from us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stigup

Bluelighter
Hey what's up everyone I was over in the suboxone mega thread talking about this subject and decided it deserved a thread of it's own. I'm here to talk about "the black box" or "brain tuner" A device that focuses on NeuroElectric Therapy, also referred to as NET, and has been developed and researched since at least the 1960s although the device has been used worldwide prior to the 60s. Dr Bob Beck is the one who really experimented and did much research on the subject. He focused on blood electrification in which he claims to have been able cure cancer, HIV, regrow his own hair, and in general become more healthier and in the process keep simple things like the cold and flu away.

Now as great as this sounds I will be focusing on his other developments specifically in the field of curing opiate addiction. The way it works is by using a certain number of frequencies as well as voltages and stimulating the brain to produce certain chemicals.

"Bob Beck used research and technology from the black box to develop his own device. He called it the Brain Tuner. Based around the principal of frequencies it used over 200 specific frequencies to encourage the rejuvenation, healing, and rapid re-stimulation of the neuro-transmitters."

For example in his research he found that beta-endorphins are stimulated with a pulse repetition rate of 111 hertz. I'm sure most people know but these endorphins are the ones that make us happy and are released during exercise, eating spicy foods, sexual activity, etc etc.. Opiates share the same receptors as endorphins and when they are used consistently the brain says they are getting to many endorphins and shuts down the production. This is the main reason withdrawal occurs after stopping the drug.

Here is a quote from the article about a rat study using the brain tuner.

"As an electrotherapy researcher, Bob Beck described it to me, this was originally discovered when scientists analyzed the brains of rats that had been addicted to opiates"

The rats that were addicted had been getting so much opiate that the little endorphin factories in the brain would shut down and basically say, "Look, our body’s got too much of this. Quit manufacturing it…" …

… and it would take anywhere from a week to three weeks before the brain of each rat would begin manufacturing beta-endorphins again. Whereas in the brains of the control rats that had never been addicted, you would find the normal, expected levels of beta-endorphin. And then they would take a third group of addicted rats, cut them off ‘cold turkey’ from the heroin, clip miniature electrodes to their ears, and within 20 minutes of electrical stimulation… the brain of each rat began showing that the endorphin production had started up again. So, those rats wouldn’t go through withdrawal symptoms!

"This evidence quickly led to the use of CES devices in the treatment of humans."

More of that can be read here. http://newyorkbodyscan.com/braintuner.html

Many claim to have been cured using this device, but one of the more famous cases involves the rock singer Peter Townshend. He was cured by a doctor named Meg Patterson and she was using the same type of tuner that Beck was developing. You can read about his recovery in an article printed in penthouse magazine back in 1983!

http://www.thewho.net/articles/penthouse_1983.htm

Heres a quote from the penthouse article. I think it's an excellent article and everyone should have a look.

"Townshend: I think NET is a fairly simple thing. It restimulates the brain to produce endorphins. The theory is that the brain stops making its own opiates if you take heroin. You see, drugs literally barge their way in and grab hold of the receptors [active sites on brain cells that the endorphins normally occupy]. Drugs wreak havoc where there was once peace and harmony. So with NET, you use an electrical frequency that will restimulate the problem area.

Penthouse: Could you describe the treatment, starting from the first day?

Townshend: I took a massive dose of heroin to get to California, and the Pattersons met me at the airport in a van and they hooked me up to the machine as soon as I got in. The first frequencies they gave me were low ones for heroin. I think it was kept on that setting for about eight hours.

Penthouse: Did the electrical stimulation give you a euphoric buzz?

Townshend: No. I just got this sense of a natural energy flowing into my body. It was as if all sorts of dormant feelings were being rekindled. The inner joy of recovery, and becoming independent from drugs, it produced this tremendous feeling of rejuvenation. By the second day, in fact, I knew I was on the home stretch. And on the third day, I started to look and feel human again. I started to read newspapers and to write about the way I felt. I remember writing things like, "I want to go out for a walk. I don't believe it." I could really feel my passion for life returning.

Another thing was that I'd had traces of returning sexuality. Initially, that was quite troubling for me, because I'd put down a lot of my problems in relationships to an abnormally dynamic sexual appetite -- and a confused sexual appetite. I'd talked to close friends about it and they'd said, "Oh yeah, well, you know, that's pretty much normal if you're an aggressive, high-strung individual. After all, half the people who are successful in business or acting are sex crazy." But I suppose that for about a month, maybe two months, before being treated I'd felt no sexual feelings whatsoever, so the treatment definitely had a rekindling effect.

I think I also wrote that I was still feeling somewhat bitter, or betrayed. But then on the fourth day, I woke up with this aggressive, angry attitude toward life. No, arrogant is perhaps a better word. I believed that I could take on the world. Later on, though -- on the fifth day, I believe-- I started to get depressed. Meg would then turn the machine up to a high frequency for an hour or so to stimulate the cocaine-type receptors in the brain. And if it was left on too long at this setting, I would start babbling away and everything in the room would start to go woooooooo."

Now I'm not saying this is 100% effective, but for an addict having the will to recover I think it could has much potential. From the research I did it doesn't get rid of withdrawals 100% more like 50-75% depending on the person. Here is a quote from Meg Patterson's research as she majored in treating addiction.

"Over three decades, it has become clear that the potential of NET lies in the following areas:

1. The ability to rapidly and safely detoxify from all the substances of addiction without having to resort to support or replacement psychopharmacology.

2. The degree of withdrawal relief provided by NET (between 50-75% for the majority of patients), is substantial enough to maintain the addict in treatment—NET has a reported Drop-Out Rate of only 1.6% (Patterson et al., 1984).

3. In 102 consecutive patients, treated for opioids, cocaine, tranquilizers, barbiturates, alcohol, and nicotine dependencies (including poly-substance detoxifications), 95% claimed that they were free of craving by the end of treatment, 75% that they were free of anxiety (Patterson et al., 1984).

4. The rapidity of physiological and psychological improvement. The substantial improvement in depression and anxiety assessments within the short treatment period is unique to this modality.

5. The low Relapse-Rate found with NET (80% of addicts, 78% of alcoholics drug-free up to eight years after treatment, Patterson et al., 1984). The physical well-being, emotional stability, and mental clarity imparted by NET's non-pharmacological regimen, suggests enhanced ability to benefit from integral counselling and relapse-prevention programmes."

The rest of the study could be read at the following link.

http://www.drmeg.net/net.htm

Now one may wonder if this thing is so good why isn't it mainstream? I wondered the same thing myself and there are only 2 conclusions that can be drawn. The first is it is all just a scam and it doesn't do shit and the other is it really is too good to be true and the government and BIG PHARMA just won't let it cut into their profits. I vow for the second one as there is just too much research and evidence supporting it. Check out this quote from another article.

"These devices could absolutely rock the boat of the pharmaceutical drug industry, the liquor industry, the tobacco industry, the doctors who make a great deal of money. When you want the prescription refilled, usually you have to pay the doctor a fee. It’s just a mess. Why are these not being used, for example, in alcoholic rehabilitation centers?
In 1969 some friends of mine, new friends—I didn’t meet these people until I started
researching this area—had heard about the generic term “electro-sleep” that was being used in the Soviet Union for addiction and alcohol control. The government gave these people a little money, sent them to the Soviet Union, and they came back with one of the original devices that were used for “electro-sleep.” It seemed that the Soviets had trouble with Generals who drank too much vodka. And at this hospital in Washington, which is a household word, they were treating American Generals who had the habit of too much scotch, bourbon or gin. They brought the device back to the United States in late 1969 or early 1970 and began using it in the hospital with addicts. It’s one of the most fascinating psycho-political stories that emerged during the five months that I was actually researching this data. The CIA came around and said, “What are you doing?” My friends said, “Well, we have this electronic device which apparently is restoring short-term memory loss.”

The CIA said, “You can’t do that.” The people who were working on the project were dispersed. They took the device to Garland, Texas to the Vero Instrument Company. Now Vero builds the high-technology equipment. Vero builds skunk-work devices like starlight scopes, infrared viewers, high technology microcomputers. They’re one of the highest tech, government secret-agency suppliers in the world. The vice president of this company split off and founded a corporation called Neurosystems Incorporated and brought out a beautiful little device, which until recently was the Cadillac of the entire field, about the size of a pack of cigarettes that absolutely cured addictions. They thought,
“Wow we’re going to have markets for this.” They never got FDA approval. It’s been 14 years.

FDA grandfathered them under section 510K of the 1976 Congressional Act. They still said, “Hey if we take this around to dry farms, namely alcoholic rehabilitation centers, there should be a tremendous need for these.” Now in California alone there are about two dozen—it’s a big industry. He knocked on doors and there was very little acceptance. Finally, a fellow who had worked for one of these dry farms told him the secret. He said, “You know if somebody comes in here who has good insurance, we can run up about a ,000 bill on laboratory tests alone … pathology, kidney test, blood test, you name it. He has to be in here for at least a week and a half to 14 days before we break even on our television-advertising budget alone. The person gets glossed up … the family’s happy … he goes back to work. 75% of them will backslide within six months. You come in here
with a device that will totally restore them in five days? Why, we are a franchise, we are here to make money for our stockholders, get out of here you bum.”

The rest could be read here.
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=924711#i

Now as Captain Heroin pointed out about the flaws in the rat study I believe he is entirely correct as there is a HUGE difference between being a human being with multiple thought processes becoming an addict and being a rat that is forced to become just dependent on opiates. Judging by these studies it seems highly likely that one could benefit from it. I have personally not tried it, but once I get enough money together (around $200) I am certainly going to buy one and try it out. I think I have done enough research to sell myself on the deal and I hope you guys enjoy the read.

there is an entire racket that is called addiction treatment . comes in all flavors . buzz boxes, snake oil, root extract, substitute narcotics, transfusion woo woo, endless talking by counselors - nothing works but the addict's desire to forgo instant gratification in order to have a life without the misery .

there is an entire racket that is called addiction treatment . comes in all flavors . buzz boxes, snake oil, root extract, substitute narcotics, transfusion woo woo, endless talking by counselors - nothing works but the addict's desire to forgo instant gratification in order to have a life without the misery .

QFT, plain and simple this is what it comes down to, the addict will quit when they are dedicated and ready IMO/IME.

QFT, plain and simple this is what it comes down to, the addict will quit when they are dedicated and ready IMO/IME.

Well if it is all up to the person them self, why is there such a high relapse rate among almost every method of treamtment? Personally quitting drugs isn't the hard part, the hard part is staying off them. I'm not talking about suboxone or methadone because even though they help you are still taking something in replace of your DOC. Why do I see and read about so many people that want to quit using but they simply cannot? Addiction is very powerful and once that thought pops into your head about getting high there really is no turning back.

Absolute winnar!

As I said here...

Mice don't knowledgeably become heroin addicts, nor do they have a perception about what that is.

Human beings do. That means, human beings are still going to remember the rewarding effects of heroin/other drugs after this treatment. Mice will not, because they are not administering drugs to themselves. They are likely being administered drugs by an experimenter through an intravenous port.

This is not the same thing. That's not a drug addiction, that's a drug dependency.

Whether this will carry over into humans is something that is of interest for sure, but I wouldn't invest a lot of confidence into it personally. That's just me though, there's nothing wrong with being interested about the research at all. :)

It's best if I close this because this is not going to receive many positive responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.