• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

I bought a position in IOTX because it is getting listed on Coinbase very soon. Last coin to get listed (ACH) did a 24x in 5 days before dumping some once it got listed. Thing about Coinbase listings is that a ton of people only use Coinbase, so it's a huge influx of new money into a crypto. I have some sells set at 2x and 4x, leaving me with 1/4 of my position and a 2x on the thing. Depending on how it goes, assuming I'm at my computer when it drops, I'll adjust that. Just looking to make a quick profit on this. It's already spiked up once, I bought after it went down a bit, now it's spiking again. But I expect a relatively brief huge spike when it hits Coinbase, and then a big dump from the people like me who are trying to catch the spike.

Might just keep the last 1/4 of my position and hold, it's a promising project. From CMC:

Starting as an open-source project in 2017, IoTeX has built a decentralized platform whose aim is to empower the open economics for machines — an open ecosystem where people and machines can interact with guaranteed trust, free will, and under properly designed economic incentives.

With a global team of over 40 research scientists and engineers, IoTeX has built their EVM-compatible blockchain from scratch using the innovative Roll-DPoS consensus and launched in 2019 April, which has been running by 100+ delegates worldwide and has processed more than 10 million transactions already. On top of the IoTeX blockchain, the team has built the essential blocks of infrastructures to connect with Ethereum, BSC, and Heco blockchains such as ioPay wallet (https://iopay-wallet.iotex.io/) and ioTube bridge (https://tube.iotex.io/), which serve ten thousands of users. IoTeX helps EVM-based DApps scale without concerning expensive gas fees!

Besides, middleware such as Decentralized Identity, Confidential Computing, and Secure Hardware has been built on top of IoTeX blockchain to enable self-sovereign devices such as Ucam real-world oracle such as Pebble. The former (https://ucam.iotex.io/) has been deployed to 3000+ households (http://iott.network/) and still proliferates. In contrast, the latter has been launched to 300+ developers initially and enables innovative Dapps that connect the physical world with the crypto world, such as real-world NFTs, weather derivatives, and machine learning-as-mining.

Ideally I'm hoping it performs like ACH did, a ~20x would be sick. I'll still take my initial investment back out once I hit 2x or 3x though, depends on what sort of green candles we're seeing as to which one. I set limit sells ahead of time though in case I am not watching when it hits, or in case it only spikes a bit and wicks really quickly.

My crypto group and I are still trying to decide whether BTC will tap 47.5k and then head down (ie, this is a bear trap like we saw in 2018 after the peak), or if it retests and blows past, in which case we should be seeing 100k relatively soon. I'm largely in tether waiting to see which way it goes. I actually hope we complete the descent and hit a classic bear market for a while first, because if we do I am going to be moving as much capital as I can and DCAing down in various cryptos, buy up as much as I can, cheap, and be ready to catch the full next bull run. But if it blows past now, that'll be cool too, after BTC explodes, alts should follow and I have some good positions already for potential massive gains from that.

Also if we see a bear market first, I'll be shorting all the way down to increase my BTC and tether positions over time.

Btc will hold value. The dollar keeps getting inflated.

If it follows previous trends it will lose more value and stay down for a while, before going much farther up. But we might be past traditional Bitcoin cycles as we get closer to mass adoption of crypto. In any case it will certainly keep going up long term. I'm just talking about short term. If it follows its past patterns, we have yet to see the bear market following the bull, and we might be here:

9J8Ha4q.png

Which would mean we will see a slow bleed out after a surge (a "bear trap" where the big money controllers inflate the market and get everyone hyped again so they can grab even more money from noob investors), and it will take a year or more of not much action before the hype starts again. If this happens expect news from every direction about how Bitcoin is dead and crypto is a scam.

Also it will be interesting to see how the decoupling from fiat markets progresses with crypto. Currently the value is in US dollars so crypto is fluctuating with the US fiat system. I'd like to see it decouple but in order to really do that, it needs mass adoption as a currency in its own right.

Wow, POLX is spiking hard! It's back to where I bought it at, lol. I've been sitting on a bag of 200k of them and staking it, plan to hold long term. I wonder if it just got listed on an exchange.

Man i hope this keeps up for a little while...the last 2 and a half months was snoozy

Yeah I'm good either way. If it goes down into a true bear market, I will accumulate large position for a huge discount. If it doesn't, then I'm already in some good positions and will get into more once there is confirmation we're not just in a bear trap. Actually if it does go full bear it will be more lucrative for me long term. If it doesn't now, then it means we probably won't see another bull/bear cycle as we've traditionally had so there won't be any more times where the alts all lose 80-90% of their value and then shoot up 50x. I have failed to catch the past 2 waves (or any before those), and I'd love to catch one. But if it does go full bear, it'll be a boring year or so for crypto. It's more exciting in a bull market.

Either way I'm good. :) But I'm not buying anything else until we break the 47.5k level on a daily close, or better yet, weekly. Until then we're within the range to still suddenly tank. I can't get past it looking at the charts of the past.

of course long term any buy in level right now, or even buying at the 65k peak a few months ago, is a great buy. In 5 years all these prices are gonna look like nothing. And the news is going to claim that Bitcoin is dead every time the price goes down by any significant amount. But I still want to avoid buying at local peaks and find better entries because lower entries means a lot more profits later on.

Anyone got any experience with the decentraland ? The vr world interests me.

Anyone played axie infinity yet? That game looks cool. I used to love pokemon

Oh i just bought matic and just before i bought just 1k worth it rose like 5-7% which was kind of tilting. But im holding vs btc pair in hope it outperforms btc.

Oh and Buy sol guys. Its really fast. It will 10x this cycle imo. Not financial advice ofc

My next investment is to record an album of original songs. Homegrown Drama. I talked to my old friend about it and has his head up his ass. Or just busy something. But these songs are 12 years old, I just never had a band or the funds to do it. Now it's a real possibility to pay a bassist and drummer and studio.

Do it yourself you say. Well, I don't have quiet space and the skills I'd like to record bass and drums. Plus it would be fun getting the band back together.

Not sure what the next big hoorah would be investment wise. Maybe just a HODL situation. Mushroom stocks, after the crash might be interesting.

I made 25% on an ADA long overnight. closed it to take profit, re-entered, should have moved to XRP like my friend did because he just made 30% in a couple hours on that, and I lost some on the new ADA long. Oh well, such is life. I did short it for a red candle down to regain some of that.

Futures trading is fun as fuck.

I just checked ada and it’s higher than what I bought it for. Wowza

i grabbed ADA at $1.54

im sitting on that polygon from a while ago that lost more than 50% on me....i need that to get back $2 then i'll be stylin

i have some LTC too...that should take off some

i wanna grab some LUNA... ive been staring at that since it was $10 a couple weeks ago as it waves bye to me

and yup XRP took off - thats about to hit a buck so it doubled since going down to 50 cent....another one about to wave goodbye if i dont grab it soon lol

i rolled my 401k from prior employer into a vanguard roth ira. the decision was made to avoid management fees (which i admit i didn't even look into), because i did not really understand the fund i was primarily invested in, and because i have no income this year so might as well pay some bottom bracket taxes.

due to an unhealthy lifestyle, i waited a couple months until today to check my account. it's all sitting their in a money market fund, missing out on recent market gains. starting to funnel it into voo (now has a lower expense ratio than its admiral mutual fund counterpart) and vgt.

Last edited:
i grabbed ADA at $1.54

im sitting on that polygon from a while ago that lost more than 50% on me....i need that to get back $2 then i'll be stylin

i have some LTC too...that should take off some

i wanna grab some LUNA... ive been staring at that since it was $10 a couple weeks ago as it waves bye to me

and yup XRP took off - thats about to hit a buck so it doubled since going down to 50 cent....another one about to wave goodbye if i dont grab it soon lol

My friend in the biz thinks XRP is going to go insanely high in the years to come. It is trying to be the underlying crypto for everyday use for the entire world's fiat economy. There is an article with some calculations that if all of the fiat money in the world went into XRP it could be $17,500 per XRP. Now I think that's is an absolutely absurd estimate and I'm not sure why ALL of the world's money would ever end up in XRP, that's a ridiculous idea, but I do think it will become much larger than single digit dollar amounts in 5, 10, 15 years. Big money and the banking industry is interested in XRP. This same friend (who is very successful in crypto, like very) is convinced we should all be buying chunks of XRP whenever we can and putting it in cold storage and forgetting about it for years.

Regardless of all that, XRP is consistently in the top 5 coins, and crypto is still really early, pre adoption, pre even early adoption. As the total global mkt cap rises, XRP will rise with it. So these prices in the future will look really cheap. Even when it hits previous ATH ($3-something), it'll still look cheap one day. Of course the same can be said for BTC and other big cryptos.

Though I actually think BTC will eventually be dethroned. It's just too much of a dinosaur. Almost no way BTC stays the dominant crypto long term. I'm talking years from now though.

I picked up a couple of long positions from some Alan Masters tweets, gonna hang onto them for a bit. BCH and EOS. I also bought IOTX at 112 satoshis (~5 cents) and then it dropped on Coinbase and is in the process of skyrocketing. Currently I'd be 3x if I sold it all, I did hit my first price target and sold 1/6 of it and am halfway to returning my initial investment. I have price targets as it goes up the ladder. If it does as well as ACH did in a similar situation, it could be the most profitable crypto play I've made. ACH did 24x in 4 days after dropping on CB. I bought some of it but near the top. I'm still hanging onto it though as it's a good project and is aiming to be a fiat-crypto bridge payment system. Binance is already using it. I think it's a good long term hold.

It's been an exciting week in crypto