• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

I decided to give the Kucoin "classic grid" trading bot a try. It uses price volatility to make 40-100 micro trades per hour. Some people are getting insane returns from it. And it doesn't even matter what the price is. I'm gonna let it run for a day and see what happens.
let us know how it works!

Will do.

It was insanely easy to set up. It's only been running for like 15 minutes and I'm at a $20 loss but none of the sell orders have executed yet, I won't get a real sense for how it's working for a day or two probably. I set it up to trade the KCS/USDT pair. It has good price volatility throughout the day and isn't in some sort of runaway bubble like Doge or some others so it shouldn't crash out unless, of course, the whole market does. Some people are getting like 30-50x profits in a year. They also have a margin grid option where you use 10x leverage but that just seems insane. Obviously some people are making a lot more but on principle I don't think trading on margin is a good idea. The "Classic Grid" just uses whatever you put into it.

Be careful. Don't trade with something you don't believe in long-term. I pulled out at a small loss because BTC is really unstable right now and going down and alts are losing value. Since the bot is buying half your investment amount at a time, if the coin goes down, you'll have a big net loss, at least temporarily. I'm going to wait until BTC is on an upward trend again. If you find a coin on an upward trend that is volatile, it will net really big gains. I'm going to set up some very small amount bots to practice with parameters. I was reading more about it and people are finding that the default parameters aren't great, and it works a lot better when they set their own parameters. If you click on one of the leaderboard bots when setting one up, it shows you the parameters they used and lets you copy them.

The bot is supposed to take the emotion out of it but I found myself checking constantly because I'm nervous about where BTC is going short-term. I'm kinda traumatized by 2017, when the bubble burst almost all of my alts lost 90% of their value and most never recovered, some don't even exist anymore. Probably best to set a bot up with BTC or ETH, those aren't going anywhere unless crypto just disappears which seems extremely unlikely at this point. People are making insane gains with Doge right now because the volatility is very high, but Doge is the OG shitcoin, I don't trust it for a second, that is a massive bubble waiting to burst. But bot trading gains seem to be pretty slow with BTC and ETH since their mkt caps are so high, volatility fluctuations are much lower in percentages so each trade nets you very little. It's a way to get passive income on something you're holding though, as you will gradually increase your position instead of your position just staying the same.

Ever since BTC became volatile the profits from my ETH mining have doubled. It get's stashed as BTC in my hardware wallet. Then when BTC goes up again I have all the accumulated extra profit saved up. Been a solid stretegy since 2016 but you have to have the hardware already in your hands. I have 2 GTX 1080ti's as back up hardware on the shelves and I looked on eBay to see what they were worth and the average price was the same as what I paid for them when I bought them new. Thar's 3 generations old hardware still at retain price.

Yikes !!!

My wife has stopped complaining about me keeping our "non-working" computers around after I showed her.
I'm thinking of adding them to our working rigs as background mining devices.

So long as your treasury keeps printing cash as new wealth volatility will trend upward.

I got 4 bots running on Kucoin at the moment. They are trading MIR, LUNA, COMP, and KCS.
MIR is taking off, LUNA is doing ok, COMP is a little down, and KCS is way down. I think its all sorta balancing itself out at the moment.

Looks like the crypto dump of 2021 might be starting. I went all into Tether before losing much, gonna re-buy at the bottom. I only started buying crypto again near all-time highs so it would be dumb to hold it right now for me.

So far it's on the fence, it could bounce back, but it's hovering right around that 49k support line. I bought back into ETH and a few others to catch a ride back up today, but it's risky because crypto is 24/7 and it could dump hard while I'm sleeping...

I actually saw some price predictions that said BTC would be doing this. I guess it was written in the stars, or whatever a double parallel triangle is in technical analysis.
We were hitting a spot where the price was going to break out, and the analyst said he thought it would break out downwards, driven by the futures contracts expiring the last friday of every month.
He's looking for something like $45000 or $46000 as his buy point.

I hadn't really heard about the futures thing before, but apparently BTC has a very regular ebb and flow to it. The price raises towards the middle of the month, and then drops towards the last friday of the month. Apparently you can set your clock by it.....

guess I’ll post a link...

Last edited:
I actually like Dogecoin. I don't think its origin as a memecoin diminishes its value proposition. If anything, that reputation could be something that helps make it even more likely to supplant Bitcoin, thereby proving Gresham's Law.

It has been clear for a while that Bitcoin's deflationary nature creates a strong disincentive for its use as a currency, while Dogecoin's inflationary nature makes it more appropriate for that purpose.

MMEDF hits the Nasdaq tomorrow...will be relisted as MNMD 💵💵💵💵

Im quoting myself, which is a foul, but in case you don't know who Mind Medicine is...here ya go

on the altcoin side of things, i like Etherium Classic (ETC) and Ampleforth (FORTH)

Bitmain (ANTMINER) has announced a new ASIC ETH Miner (E-9) that has the power of 32 RTX 3080 GPU's @ 3GH/s. While the price for this miner is quite high ($20,000.00 USD each) this is still quite a bit cheaper than the cost of buying 32 RTX 3080's, while reducing the electric costs at the same time. This could spell the end of GPU mining for ETH while simultaneously freeing up the supply of GPU's so that gamers can get their hands on a graphic card at a reasonable price.

As an interesting side note, ETH has been ASIC resistant up to this time. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the near future.

Crypto is looking like it's ready to take off. As soon as BTC breaks out, it's on. I'm well positioned,I went to tether for a small loss when it looked like it might crash out, but I'm set to pick up some good gains now. Crossing my fingers.