• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

Yeah, I wish I could afford a nice mining rig.
What are you going to turn your attention to when the ETH mining stops?
I hear Ravencoin was basically made to give ETH mining rigs something to do. I also hear good things about ZCash, which I forgot to mention in my little Cryptocurrency section,

I use the hardware for Graphics Development for video games and other Video Assets, most of the hardware actually mines during downtime.

I just stuck a large chunk of money into 2 mutual funds, after some research, one is lower risk and very steady and the other is higher risk but I have good hopes for. I am reinvesting divendends for both of them. Time to put the money to use, right now it's just sitting around. I also stuck a few thousand more in crypto, BTC and ETH mostly but also some altcoins, a much smaller percentage, since altcoins are popping off like it was 2017. I kept thinking it is going to crash out again, but it appears I was wrong, or I think at least so. if not, long-term I am nearly certain it will pay off handsomely in the medium and long term.

But definitely primarily the mutual funds for me

I just stuck a large chunk of money into 2 mutual funds, after some research, one is lower risk and very steady and the other is higher risk but I have good hopes for. I am reinvesting divendends for both of them. Time to put the money to use, right now it's just sitting around. I also stuck a few thousand more in crypto, BTC and ETH mostly but also some altcoins, a much smaller percentage, since altcoins are popping off like it was 2017. I kept thinking it is going to crash out again, but it appears I was wrong, or I think at least so. if not, long-term I am nearly certain it will pay off handsomely in the medium and long term.

But definitely primarily the mutual funds for me
Yeah, I got 2 mutual funds and a couple cannabis ETFs. I want to get some space industry stocks at some point too.
What alt coins did you pick up if you don't mind my asking?

Just one, it's BAT. I didn't get it for a long-term hold, just noticing a trend and it's been on an upward one, it also has a working real world use case. I have been noticing that money flows out of altcoins whenever BTC breaks out, like right now, and the satoshi value drops, but the fiat price stays around level, then when BTC finds a new level, people go back into alts and the satoshi value raises again, causing a substantially higher percentage gain in the alt. But obviously it's a bigger gamble. I'm hoping to ride it up a little while and eventually trade back into BTC/ETH.

With my powers of 20/20 hintsight, I realize I should have bought XRP like 2 weeks ago. Its rise has been huge.

Yeah I have some BAT. Bought when it was $0.20-0.25. I mean not a lot, 14 or so. But it's taking off. Same with chainlink, already I've seen 1000% gains, but I only have a few LINK.

XLM, ATOM are some others. LTC ETH. My portfolio is diverse. BUt they recommend only building a portfolio so big that you can still recite the coins you have, or keep track of off the top of your head.

My advice is to buy the coins you believe in, or that have a name that resonates with you. Because they're all have similar stuff.

Yeah Ripple went nuts.
Think I might buy some just so I can watch it crash again.

I've been buying cryptos in groups.
UNI, SUSHI, 1INCH, ZRX, CAKE are representative of decentralized exchanges.
COMP, AAVE, SNX, LINK, and MIR are my decentralized finance coins.
I got some MANA, ENJ, and OMI for the whole NFT gaming/collectibles group.
I got some ETH, but fuck if I keep trading all my BTC for more alts.

Luckily my girlfriend has been trading too and she has been playing with XRP

Last edited:
Yeah I'm wary of going too much into alts. In 2017 I went 90% into alts, actually more like 95%, after a while. I was way up for a while and then BTC crashed out and although it recovered, most of the alts I had never went back up. I went from $3500 to $500 and if I had stayed mostly in BTC I would have ben alright. In fact even if I had kept that $500 as BTC and held, I'd be up by now, but instead I bought AL-LAD and ETH-LAD because I thought crypto was never going to peak again. Some of them that are going back up now are STILL under the fiat value they were when I was buying them in 2017, when alts crash, they can crash for good. We probably won't ever have another time like 2017 for alts. I think BTC is all but guaranteed to be a good long term play, probably ETH too (almost for sure), but as far as the rest of the alts, there really is no guarantee any of them will play out long term. So if it were me, I'd make sure my portfolio was primarily BTC/ETH, with alts as supplemental. Even the BAT, I don't have any intention of long term holding it, I'm just gambling that it goes up at a substantially higher percentage gain rate than BTC or ETH in the short term, and then I'll put it back into BTC/ETH.

Last edited:
I'm gonna buy some XRP with some of my BTC, not a large amount, but XRP seems to be vastly outperforming BTC so hopefully I can keep catching the ride up.

God, BTC network fees are insane right now, and it's taking forever. Should have spent an extra $3 for priority, it was already $33 for regular network fees. I transferred BTC I had in an online wallet over to an exchange to buy XRP. Still waiting...

I've come across shapeshift. Not sure how user friendly it is or feasable. But you can convert cryptocurrencies from one to another

Yeah I saw that. I was trying to buy some because I figured it would shoot up and I'd sell at lie +40% real quick, but it was stuck at $250 and no volume for the first part of the day. I got busy, and next time I looked, it at had just what I expected, went up to $450 real quick, then dropped. It closed at like $325 or something. Not sure why it wouldn't let me buy it earlier, but oh well. My prediction is it is going to settle out much lower than it is now, so many stocks seem to follow this pattern where they start trading, the hype is huge, the price skyrockets, and then drops quickly and goes way under whatever it was initially offered at and then possibly one day later, it recovers its price.

I've come across shapeshift. Not sure how user friendly it is or feasable. But you can convert cryptocurrencies from one to another

Shapeshift fell out of favour when it started requiring registration. It used to be anonymous. My favorite such service was Evercoin and XMR.to... I know the latter shut down, not sure how much Evercoin has changed but it could be worth checking out.

I decided to give the Kucoin "classic grid" trading bot a try. It uses price volatility to make 40-100 micro trades per hour. Some people are getting insane returns from it. And it doesn't even matter what the price is. I'm gonna let it run for a day and see what happens.