• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

What does everyone think of pi network?
A few days ago the network value was like 65c
Then overnight it jumped to over $1500
Now its like $1625

I've been mining it for a while, it hasn't been released on exchanges yet. So really it has no value atm.
12 milliom people userbase so far.
It's being hyped up alot. Some people say it's a scam.
If anyone wants an invite code for the mining app, let me know

Also is anyone familiar with 'initiative Q' and/or Bee?
They estimate Q to come into the market at $1 a piece. You can reserve a few thousand now if you have an invitation code, hit me up if you're interested.
Bee seems like a pi rip off, but youtubers seem to think its going to be worthwhile to start mining both now, although Bee js about 3 years behind pi - again, if you want an invite code for Bee drop me a message

What does everyone think of pi network?
A few days ago the network value was like 65c
Then overnight it jumped to over $1500
Now its like $1625

It says it's an untracked asset in coinmarketcap. Where are you seeing this price?

Interesting. I suspect such an ETF has the potential to do extraordinarily well. I take it that it hasn't launched yet? Sounds like something I'd like to buy a position in. In fact I'd love to get in on any ETF at the ground floor, those things tend to really rip.

Those ARK ETFs are fucking nuts in their returns.

Fuck yeah I love how Cathie Wood, the ETF manager, she's a fucking genius, and I've gotten so many good ideas from watching her portfolio. I would lick her 65 year old pussy if she asked me :p

The returns in stock markets and specially some sectors are crazy these days, but at the same time I see a lot of people shy/scared of getting into the market and waiting for another big crash to enter, that makes me think that a mere 5-10% correction in the SP500 will be enough to shake out everybody and keep grinding up while everybody stays out waiting for the 30%+ crash

Dears, the crash was already. The opportunity to buy was that one in March, and won't be another in a few years, that's my feeling. Valuations are crazy, nothing is cheap(*), but keep in mind the Obama, Trump (and now Biden probably even more than those two together) are printing money like drunk monkeys. And interest rates close to 0%... This is not going to end well, obviously, but asset inflation can lead the markets to levels you can't imagine. And the biggest bubble is where nobody looks: the Bond markets

Fuck the fucking politicians, fuck the Fed and fuck the keynesians, make money while you can because inflation is going to spike hard.

BTW, nobody is into SPACS?

(*) Well, that's not true, tehre a lot of cheap companies out there, and some of them just because the market is too focused o growth, but there will be a time for them. for sure

I erased most of my gains I have made so far the past 2 days with bad timing on some bold moves with RIOT, and then SNDL. Missed nice profits by a very small window of time and was stuck holding lossy bags instead, with money I didn't want tied up for a long time, so took some losses. Really bummed me out for the first half of the day but I learned some things and I'm still just a bit up from my initial investment, with a collection of long term holds with good fundamentals and good ETFs.

I really want to catch a penny stock when it pops, that I got in before the pop. But so far it's bitten me in the ass every time when I try. I may try to search the penny stocks reddit for ones that haven't trended, and buy very small positions and hold in case they pop off, in these crazy times where shit is popping off everywhere like it was altcoins in crypto 2017.

I worry about a crash too, though everything I have now is stuff I plan to hold for years, so it would recover given time. If it does crash, I hope to be able to see that it's happening and sell everything into cash and hold it at bay until it starts to recover and then get to add massively to my positions and ride it back up.

I had to look up what a SPAC is... well there is a cannabis SPAC my friend insists is poised to take over the US market in the future, that is having its IPO next month, I'm definitely getting in on that. Verano Holdings it's called.

Yes the short term game is VERY difficult

Whenever I am lucky and take a 30% profit in a few hours or days I try to close it and stay away from the market. There's always a trap

After my losses this past week, I decided to stick 99% to my long-term holds based on fundamentals. But I like the thrill of betting on gains, so I decided to take $100 (a tiny fraction of my portfolio) and consider it my high risk slush money. I took a look through the penny stocks reddit sub, looking for companies that had a few mentions and had not budged much from their baseline. I stuck that $100 into a very small market cap penny stock today that a few people mentioned, which had grown by 10% each day the past 2 days but no more than that. I think I may have timed it just right because it grew 30% today and the graph is beginning to look like the runup to a big spike. Since it's such a small amount, I'm not too worried about it, but if it takes off on reddit, it could do a quick 10x easily, and I'd gain a nice amount of money. This is my first one, so I'm just experimenting. I could set a sell limit at 2x or 3x but I haven't yet, going to see how it goes and if I miss the spike (if there is a spike), then I've learned, and I also have the chance to get some serious gains.

It satisfies the thrill of betting that I enjoy, while not putting me in any danger of serious losses. Even if the spike happens briefly and I miss it, it should go back to slightly below the level that I entered, because it was plugging along at relatively the baseline when I got in. I figure I'll try to play with this strategy, and if it succeeds from time to time, it will be a nice boost and a little bit of excitement. If this strategy proves fruitful, I'll probably start setting some multiplier as a sell limit as soon as I enter... if I set it to 2x gains, I could easily catch even a very minor spike, because with really low market caps, it doesn't take much to push up to that level.

We'll see what happens. :)

I'm on a market now where i can trade 1pi for $100 worth of goods or services.

I've essentially got over $10,000 to spend 😂😳😂😳 can't believe it.
There's auctions aswel with loads of cool stuff, ps5, tvs, shoes, supplements.

Anyone who doesn't get into mining pi NOW is an idiot
Pm me for invite to:
Miner app
Marketplace (it's a discord and it has its own app too)

Whaaaaa that's nuts. I just downloaded the app yesterday because why not, right? I have like 5 pi. But that doesn't make much sense to me because anyone can download it and get like 3/4 pi per day doing literally nothing.

I'm not really willing to spam forums and my friends trying to get them to sign up so I can be higher up on the pyramid. But I may use my computer to set up a node when that happens.

My theory is it's best to gamble on crypto, PMs and FX but equities are best for buying and holding. So far the best long-term gains have come from low-fee index funds (Vanguard ETFs are good) so I feel safe investing more in NASDAQ 100, S&P 500 and Russell 2000.

My big play now is Waitr (WTRH), which is like Doordash but instead of gig workers it has full-time employees. For this reason, I think it will distinguish itself on quality of service and steal some business from the big fish.

I'm also on the look-out for potential Amazon competitors because that's another business model ripe for disruption. I'm surprised that void hasn't been filled yet. I get the feeling that for a lot of people, the main hurdle in switching is because the online shop experience with so many alternatives is really that shite.

how far can the stock market max out in the future surely there comes a point where the stocks are so expensive it hits a limit. Though over the past decades they have overall all increased. Will incomes rise to match such things or will the wealth gap get so large between the rich and poor. Will the market hit 100k by the end of the century?

I want to try find a start up that becomes big sometime in my life invest in it early and make bank.

Whaaaaa that's nuts. I just downloaded the app yesterday because why not, right? I have like 5 pi. But that doesn't make much sense to me because anyone can download it and get like 3/4 pi per day doing literally nothing.

I'm not really willing to spam forums and my friends trying to get them to sign up so I can be higher up on the pyramid. But I may use my computer to set up a node when that happens.
The node is out

It still says coming soon on my app.

Wait nevermind, I am able to download it on my PC.
Make sure you verify your phone number and get kyc verification (you need yoti), otherwise you won't be able to make transactions once phase 3 and the wallets are rolled out

Worth spamming. I've got 10 people to sign up and im mining at 0.69 now
(insert aw yeah sample for 69)