• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

Interesting yeah thanks for the informatiom was more curious . Would look into it. I actually did look at mining monero at the start of the year. I do quite like the idea of actual private money that u can mine

So what's new? 🤣

Me too, I saw a tweet by Alan Masters about REV's upward potential (it hadn't moved really at all this bull run yet and had a previous ATH of 1800x what it is now, though I believe they minted tons more tokens as the mkt cap is actually larger today than it was then). I caught it before the wave of interest hit and it's up about 5x. I went from a $500 total loss in my Kucoin account to a $2500 gain in about 30 hours. Bought and sold highs and lows a bit, took some profit out into Tether. But then it swung back down below my latest buy-in point so I'm sitting at about $600 net gain (in total) instead of $2500. Which happened in like 2 hours. But I'm holding because I'm sure it will go back up, probably higher. BTC is looking like it's maybe ready to blast off, so once that happens, some money will flow out of alts to catch BTC, then alts will explode again, even higher.

A buddy also predicted LTC was about to shoot up to $700-800, he's a charting wizard, but in this case he was wrong so I'm holding a bag of LTC until I get a profit, which is tying up some funds.

I'm still doing by far the best on shitcoins, though.

Yearn finance finally getting some heat again, this project shot off with defi last year and went from like $40 to around $40k usd.

up around 50% over the past 24 hours, hit like $88k a token today, founder funnily enough says the token has no real value, well some people seem to think differently on that .

LTC probably a good hold until we see this big blow off top if that ever happens and we are not in some stupid super cycle which i dont believe so with how much stupid money is going into dog coins.

Funnily enough saw on twitter yesterday a guy who bought only DOG tokens.... seriously :D

he put in $130k usd worth of eth into these tokens, they are currently all worth around $3.2 million as of yesterday if he sold all tokens :D madeness!

Haha you wont believe what happened to the dog tokens. Well the creators gave half of their supply to vitalik buterin . well today he sold them tokens and cashed out a hefty chunk and gave some to charity. $1 billion to india covid relief all thanks to shibu and akita 🤣

The price plummeted of course

Elon tweeted, brace yourselves. Instant 5% drop in BTC lol, not like it changes much though

yup it did go down as soon as that hit....but that's ok i just bought more MATIC at 1.12 - ive been loving that since i grabbed a bunch at 87 cents a couple days ago

I've been monitoring the dog coins sell-off, and the Musk tweet. That cunt is such a market manipulator. He also tweeted about Solana after that, so I am expecting a big pump there, in fact it's already pumping but also dumping since BTC is dumping. The chart looks crazy.

Just another day on the cryptocoaster

I had some MATIC for a bit, rode it up from .60 to .90-ish, but I kept trying to buy and sell the fluctuations so it would have been better for me if I just held it, especially if I was still holding it. I keep needing to learn the lesson that I should just hold, and not try to swing trade.

Man! it's taking a big dump right now!

sbathroom_toiletflushedaway_100-1001.gif

It is. My buddy who is very experienced with crypto and charting says that if this 4hr candle ends under $49.9k, and the next 4 hr candle is green, we should be shooting up into the stratosphere. I tend to trust him because he's been doing this a long time and is very wealthy because of it, but nothing is for sure in crypto so don't think as investment advice. I had to really struggle to not panic sell for a small total loss, which would have erased all my gains over the past few weeks. But obviously if we do head into another bull div, I'll be glad I held. Alts have been gaining strength relative to BTC for while now, and if BTC recovers and reaches new highs, alts should absolutely explode. Since I don't have a ton of money in crypto yet, I am almost all in certain alts. Since the upside potential is much greater and I have good picks.

Once the bull market is over I am going to arrange my portfolio to catch the next bull market by positioning into the alts that should be exploding next time. And from there I hope to make a ton of money from catching the entire bull run, and once that bull run is done, I will buy back in at the next bottom, but mostly BTC for safer long term stability.

I sold everything else and went all in on ETC while it dipped again....yea im not seeing this dip being that much different than the other dips we saw a few weeks ago

only other one i have is Telcoin - i got that for 3 cents and threw $150 at it but just for the possibilty of hitting the jackpot - i got that at Kucoin if you're interested

im done with Tokens tho - just coins from now on - the tokens you can make a little on, but i think theyre mostly worthless other than ppl throwing money at them because they're there

Like Cardano - everybody's hyping that up but that's just another token that runs off of Ethereum - i don't see anything being worth much that doesn't have it's own blockchain - it's all pump and dump if you feel like doing that - im good on that

yea you're right it does have its own blockchain....so this is why i should pay attention to these tokens? or are they coins? wtf

Is ADA a coin or a token?​

ADA coin is the name of the cryptocurrency that’s used on the Cardano platform. But ADA tokens can be used to vote or for staking in the Cardano ecosystem.

Within digital currency wallets, such as Exodus or Daedalus, you can easily stake Cardano ADA for rewards. Once you stake your ADA coin, it becomes an ADA token, which is then used to mine for ADA. If you find some, you’re rewarded with a stake.

Staking is a popular practice among altcoin owners. It is the proof-of-stake (PoS) part of the blockchain network that Cardano is striving for. And this is being developed into a decentralised application (DApp) development platform, complete with multi-asset ledger and verifiable smart contracts.

Last month Graph Blockchain Inc. (CSE: GBLC) invested $300,000 into Cardano for the purpose of staking the ADA coin.

Meanwhile, over half a billion US dollars worth of ADA is currently being delegated to charity-focused initiatives on Cardano through mission-driven stake pools.

yeah its a good question mate.

here is the answer to your question on bitdegree.com

so ADA coin is native to the cardano (ADA) blockchain, because it runs on its own blockchain its considered a coin, so Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, Litecoin, Monero all run on their native blockchain.

Tokens usually run on someone elses blockchain, cardano still have yet to release smart contracts and apply DAPPs on their blockchain, but their is some hope this will come in the near future.

So there will be tokens being released on blockchains down the years and essenentially this is what differs between a coin and a token.

Ether is strange and even that article kind of contradicts what it says it is native to the ethereum blockchain so ether should be considred a coin but then also it states towards the end that ethereum can be considred a token so that can be left open for some interpretation.

Alot of tokens (ER20) have been built on the ethereum network, along with dapps that can be used in the real world that are being deployed on the ethereum blockchain.

Hope this clears some things up. The space is huge and i am learning every day as well!

Last edited:
yeah its a good question mate.

here is the answer to your question on bitdegree.com

so ADA coin is native to the cardano (ADA) blockchain, because it runs on its own blockchain its considered a coin, so Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, Litecoin, Monero all run on their native blockchain.

Tokens usually run on someone elses blockchain, cardano still have yet to release smart contracts and apply DAPPs on their blockchain, but their is some hope this will come in the near future.

So there will be tokens being released on blockchains down the years and essenentially this is what differs between a coin and a token.

Ether is strange and even that article kind of contradicts what it says it is native to the ethereum blockchain so ether should be considred a coin but then also it states towards the end that ethereum can be considred a token so that can be left open for some interpretation.

Alot of tokens (ER20) have been built on the ethereum network, along with dapps that can be used in the real world that are being deployed on the ethereum blockchain.

Hope this clears some things up. The space is huge and i am learning every day as well!A
Thanks...it does clear things up... Somewhat..I'm a half hit deep so I'm gonna stop there for now and go back to watching the chilling adventures of Sabrina.. but we need to talk about this

Ok now look... You got ADA over there flopping around like a fish outta water, still trying to get back to $2, and what happened to ETC? From $80 to $108

Sleepers gonna sleep