• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Having tolerance problem achieving buz

unosnow

Greenlighter
Hi, been around xanax a long time and its not working like it used to.
2 years ago before i went to prison i was on methadone and xanax, i could take 2-3 sticks and blackout buzzed outa my mind.

Now im out, not on anything BUT benzos (perscribed 2mg daily) . I take 2mg a day for axiety (prolly more like 3mg)

When i wana catch a buzz i try to take 2-3 sticks but i dont really catch a buzz. Maybe a tiny bit for a little while but thats it.
Is this because im a daily user? If i want a buzz should i be taking 4-6 sticks?
Also i usually try to space them out to conserve, like ill take my normal dose 2mg, then take a stick. When i dont achieve the buzz i want ill take another maybe a hour later to almost no better effect. Any suggestions?

The first time i took them when i got out i took 1 stick, then another about a hour later and achieved exactly what i wanted but now i cant. Im afraid of over doing it just to catch the buzz and being hung over and then hunting down benzos but its the only thing i can currently do because of parole and they are my favorite high to begin with.

I try white grapefruit juice about 30mins prior, and then wash the pill down with a beer which seems to help a little.

Any advice is welcome. I dont wana acquire a huge benzo habit and id like to control this but still be able to catch a buzz once or twice a week when im home alone and wana relax, thanks.

P.S. when i have to wean down if im low and take 1mg a day i feel exhausted, sweaty and have a runny nose with slight anxiety.

You are dependent and have a tolerance, if you want to get high you have to take a higher dose or dangerously combine them with alcohol or other drugs OR stop taking them daily. If you continue trying to get high, they won't work therapeutically and you're going to run out long before your next refill.

Last edited:
Should i be taking the higher dose all at once?(as in just popping 2-3sticks at the same time) and if i take a higher dose lets say every 4-5 days, then go back to my 2-3mg a day when that 4th or 5th day rolls around do i need to increase again?

Im also worried about losing the therapeutic effect.
Sorry these seem like such newbie questions i should know this by now but ive never only taken strickly benzos i always mixxed with opiates and ketamine and im trying to stay off everything els. Im not looking to smoke weed or sniff k or opiates.

Yeah your tolerance will keep increasing. Take them all at once.

Man, I used to dose 195mg of Methadone a day, and I'd go on week long binges of the 'done + 200mg+ of Diazepam daily. Needless to say it was a waste of drugs and quite dangerous, but I was desperately trying to achieve a smack high without doing any illegal opiates (little did I know how addicting benzos are). I got off lucky, I should probably be dead.

I would try to alternate my consumption rates if I was you. Take relatively the same methadone dose each day + some days with a benzo + soma, some days just mmt, some days just mmt + plus a benzo, some days just mmt + marijuana...

Man, I used to dose 195mg of Methadone a day, and I'd go on week long binges of the 'done + 200mg+ of Diazepam daily. Needless to say it was a waste of drugs and quite dangerous, but I was desperately trying to achieve a smack high without doing any illegal opiates (little did I know how addicting benzos are). I got off lucky, I should probably be dead.

I would try to alternate my consumption rates if I was you. Take relatively the same methadone dose each day + some days with a benzo + soma, some days just mmt, some days just mmt + plus a benzo, some days just mmt + marijuana...

You like totally missed the whole point of my thread lol. I think u stopped reading at the part where i mentioned benzos and methadone at the same time. I been off meth 2 years, never ever will i put that poison in my body again.

as a harm reduction forum and writting from own experiences all I can tell you is to try to live life using less substances...you will be healthier, both phisically and mentally, also you will have more $ to do positive things. Remember that the body is an instrument and the mind can easily play with IT...becareful and good vibes!