• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-MAPB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, two weeks ago I did a whole gram in one session with numerous redoses. Couldn't feel any vasoconstriction at all. I'm not saying there wasn't any, only not enough to be of any concern.

Has anyone experienced any long term comedowns from this one after frequent use? I tried this one twice last year with a month break in between my last dose being at the end of November. I haven't touched any empathogens since then and had my most recent (and most likely final) dose on the 1st of this month. I did about 150 mg oral and foolishly went past my limit and railed about 40 mg about 5 hours into the roll. I was gurning HARD, , eye wiggles, all the tall tale signs of a hard roll. 2 days after I had the most crushing comedown I've ever experienced. Crying randomly, blurry, vision, and feeling like I was stuck in a deep dark pit of despair for most of the day. The depression was somewhat alleviated after I slept the following night but my overall mood since then has been flat and there's still some nagging brain fog. I didn't experience any of the "brain zaps" thank god but I've flushed the remainder of this stuff as I don't think I'm willing to be messing with my serotonin anymore at this point. I've had a good mostly sensible 4 year run of about about 20 rolls since I began taking empathogens and this last experiment seems like a good and final farewell.

Having exactly the same symptoms + a couple extra, TrailBlazzer. I went through ~400mg in one session 1 1/2 yrs ago and am not quite recovered ever since. You should definitely stay far away from any serotonergics for a long time, imo. What you describe were some early warning signs I ignored a couple trips before things got really bad.

Having exactly the same symptoms + a couple extra, TrailBlazzer. I went through ~400mg in one session 1 1/2 yrs ago and am not quite recovered ever since. You should definitely stay far away from any serotonergics for a long time, imo. What you describe were some early warning signs I ignored a couple trips before things got really bad.

Sorry you have to go through that experience. I've always thought the comedown threads where a little exaggerated having never had what you would describe as a genuine nightmarish comedown but I now know from experience that yes, they are real and they do suck. If you gauged your recovery on a percentage basis what would you say you're currently at right now? Also, have you tried mdma and if so would you're experience confirm it's less forgiving on the brain overall? I know it's subjective but people did express those same concerns when this substance first hit the scene. If you search back earlier in this thread there are warnings to take it easy with this chem.

Unfortunately, I've never had access to mdma and the instances I was told I was sold mdma I've never tested it to see if it was genuine. My run with empathogens mostly consisted of RC's like methylone, 6-apb, etc. Since there have been a recent spike in it's popularity and more common reports of individuals having nasty residual issues with mdma even in cases where used responsibly I'll probably stay away from these types drugs indefinitely.

Last edited:

Sorry you have to go through that experience. I've always thought the comedown threads where a little exaggerated having never had what you would describe as a genuine nightmarish comedown but I now know from experience that yes, they are real and they do suck. If you gauged your recovery on a percentage basis what would you say you're currently at right now? Also, have you tried mdma and if so would you're experience confirm it's less forgiving on the brain overall? I know it's subjective but people did express those same concerns when this substance first hit the scene. If you search back earlier in this thread there are warnings to take it easy with this chem.

Unfortunately, I've never had access to mdma and the instances I was told I was sold mdma I've never tested it to see if it was genuine. My run with empathogens mostly consisted of RC's like methylone, 6-apb, etc. Since there have been a recent spike in it's popularity and more common reports of individuals having nasty residual issues with mdma even in cases where used responsibly I'll probably stay away from these types drugs indefinitely.

Both of you went above the extreme limits of dosing. These substances have dosing guidelines for a reason, just like tylenol or any other drug, take too much and you can mess yourself up or kill yourself. This isnt a scare tactic and the people who say they did a gram of 5mapb makes me wonder, if it was real , did you test it on all four tests etc bc ive seen someone go to 800 gs or so and they were hallucinating really bad , brain zaps and really bad off- its sad people dont adhere to dosing guidelines and use too often and thats why mdma was made illegal in the first place in 1986 because of abuse in a dallas nightclub where they were selling it like booze, some guy found out about it, wanted to make a profit and people were misformed and started seeing side effects from doing it every day and every weekend. Point being be responsible and do the recommended dose. Trailblazer sorry about your bd expirience, bc ive been there, my first two times was amazing, looks like you made a wrong chice, like I and many of us did. I recommend taking at least , in my experience a two years, up to four year break , like I did and learning harm prevention, responsibility , which I go into below. Its okay man, I have done some ignorant stuff

example first time try 80-100 mgs wait 3 or more months , try maybe 80 and a 40 redose, wait four months, try mixing it with caffiene,...you get my drift slowly try more advanced things but never ever do them first and you MUSt take long breaks in between

my story fifteen years ago at nineteen I discovered mdma (Daytona beach/nsb Florida pills around tampa ) did it and it was soooo amazong, so magically, so free and loved up. I did it four days later, well the next six months I did it about 25 more nights, some nights I would take a pill, then redose half a pill, some just a pill, but the magic after the third time wore off because I did it so much depleting what mdma words on (mainly serotonin, and dopamine and ne? with some other minor stuff oxytonin, vassopression? ) anways to stay on subject after about pill 10-15 it was still fun, after pill twenty I started getting depressed and felt what I was ding was fake, chasing a high that didnt seem real anymore, I felt utterly bad about myself-low self esteem. -so thurty nights of mdma in six months....I was in a bad place, felt bad, made bad logically decesions. Moving forward, I took a six month break and tried it again, I got a very breif magic feeling, but very short lived. waited two months and tried the same batch I got the breif magic from, and absolutely nothing-zip, zilch, game over....I totally lost the magic from abuse...and thats my story and just too add them side effects are real when people post about them and its no stretching the trith what-so-ever, ive been there-these things change your brain chemistry and I feel it took about 2-2.5 years for my brain to recover about 90 % and another two or so years to fully 100 % , so four to five years about a six month abuse of mdma, just to recover fully, and 2-2.5 years to get most recovered (90 percent)

point of my story if you stay within the recommended dosing and take at least three month breaks, but up to six months, and years, yes, years breaks-esp if you need to , due to abuse--- your brain will balance .itself . Using a onetime dose in normal ranges will change you brain chemistry, not any more than antidepressants, and they are far worse longterm on brain chemistry in my feelinsg than someone who uses empathogens responsibly. Responsible is the word of the day kids

I agree with Innerpeace. The complaints don't have much merit if you're not following the guidelines. It's the user's fault for not following them, sort of like saying it's the pot's fault for your hand getting burned, when you went and touched it while cooking. Uhh, the most basic guideline is "don't touch it." For 5 MAPB, don't re-dose or take too much or you will most likely get burned.

Take some responsibility instead of blaming the substance. This thread by itself has a good amount of negative reactions that should have been noted.

Use substances as safely as possible, and it eclipses all of the harsh, negative judgments passed off by society. Use it foolishly, and people are just reaffirming why many of them are illegal. Smh.

Of course I was stupid with 5-MAPB, Kl519. Though that was 1 1/2 yrs ago. I didn't read a single report of anyone getting burned for even remotely as bad or long at that time - much to the contrary. I don't think 5-MAPB was even out for too much longer. Maybe I would have taken a little more care, had I heard of a story like mine, maybe not. But I definitely feel like I should strongly advise someone like TrailBlazzer when he already shows the same warning signs I had. People like me are what ultimately forces regulators to act, and for that I'm sorry to everyone who uses these substances responsibly. Then again, if noone mentions any risks or consequences, more people have to experience those themselves.

If you gauged your recovery on a percentage basis what would you say you're currently at right now? Also, have you tried mdma and if so would you're experience confirm it's less forgiving on the brain overall? I know it's subjective but people did express those same concerns when this substance first hit the scene. If you search back earlier in this thread there are warnings to take it easy with this chem.

Like 60%, maybe a tad slower than Innerpeace. Can't really comment on MDMA, though I felt there was much less lasting damage from 6-APB than from 5-MAPB.

Thing with this is it is much more potent per mg than mdma. I weigh 202 lbs. so I take a larger dose than most people. If the 190 mg I consumed was MDMA it would have resulted in a strong roll but still falls within a sensible dosing range for a person my size.

Like idontknow_ I've also tried 6-apb at the upper levels of extreme dosages and probably went overboard 2 or 3 times when it first came out. That was back in the last quarter of 2011 when I first started rolling. I always noticed a comedown, but never one that made wonder if I really screwed up any functioning in my brain chemistry. Point is, I feel like this one has a less forgiving comedown even within the standard range of dosages(90-130 mg), so as has already been repeated often in this thread please tread with caution.

Today I feel a bit better, but mood is still flat and there feels like there is some type of pressure on my forehead. When I stand I also feel heavier as if there was a weight on my shoulders. I also process things a bit slower and the overall foggieness hasn't lifted. I'll certainly be abstaining for a while and taking care of myself in the meantime.

Last edited:
When I've used MDMA - always reagent tested by me - I had a good roll off about 120 mg. I've not used it very often - last time was about six months ago. No drugs since then. No medications. Good health.

I now have some residual MDMA: only 75 mg. I also have some 5-MAPB (reagent tested by me). In order to replicate an MDMA experience of 120 mg, I was thinking about taking the 75 mg of MDMA with 25 mg of the 5-MAPB.

Questions:

1) Has anyone tried a combination like this? If so, what were the effects?

2) Is this a dangerous combination?

3) Aside from the physical/health effects, would the subjective effects be very close to a "pure" MDMA experience?

my gf and I did this without planning to. we were trying 5-mapb for the first time and took 65mg each orally.

after an hour and 15 minutes, neither of us were terribly happy with the effects (compared to mdma) so we took 100mg mdma orally each.

an hour after that, we took a 50mg mdma booster each

to answer your specific questions

1) after the mdma hit, it was hard to tell from a regular mdma roll without the 5-mapb. the only difference i can remember is the nystagmus. my eyes were way more funky than usual (strong double vision, blurry, hard to focus)

2) we followed the regular pre and post roll supplement regiment. i cannot say much about safety. we both vomited when coming down but were otherwise fine with no hangover the following days. i will say that i have never once vomited from mdma before. it might have been the combo or it might also just be the fact we "redosed" twice (counting the first mdma dose as a redose). normally, we never redose, or, if we do, it is a small one-time booster

3) it felt very much like a pure mdma experience, besides the additional nystagmus noted aboved

i suspect taking them both at the same time will be a very pleasant and close to "pure" mdma experience. given my experience, i would say you can up the 5-mapb dose a little. enjoy!

I havent done MDMA is several yrs but when i did. It had a dirty feeling to it. I never felt that dirty feeling from 5-mapb. Though I've only done mdma 9 times at 95mg each time. It was tan crystal shards that tasted like root beer or i guess sassafras some would say. 95MG MG produced a really deep intense 3 hour high with amphetamine like shifting visuals or distortions. Not psychedelic visuals or anything. Does mdma usually feel a lil dirty and harder on the body than 5-mapb? or was it just my batch or just me maybe? Thanks for any info

I havent done MDMA is several yrs but when i did. It had a dirty feeling to it. I never felt that dirty feeling from 5-mapb. Though I've only done mdma 9 times at 95mg each time. It was tan crystal shards that tasted like root beer or i guess sassafras some would say. 95MG MG produced a really deep intense 3 hour high with amphetamine like shifting visuals or distortions. Not psychedelic visuals or anything. Does mdma usually feel a lil dirty and harder on the body than 5-mapb? or was it just my batch or just me maybe? Thanks for any info

given the smell, dosing, and description, it sounds very likely you took MDA and not MDMA. one of the nicknames for MDA is "sass" or "sass-a-frass" and it would definitely have that smell. in my experience, it has more, or at least slightly unpleasant, body load with more visual distortion than MDMA. it is also frequently described as more "speedy" than MDMA. some people like it better. personally, i would never take MDA over MDMA.

This always need to be the number one question, did you test your stuff?

blninja-wonderful insight. yeah it sounds like mda.

on paper mg for mg 5-mapb is stronger- 1.5 that of mdma so 100 mgs =150 mgs-on paper. Moreover, everything on paper isnt always accurate, its a good guide though, and sometimes its very close as far as accuracy, and all we have sometimes

5-mapb releases on parr ,or more serotonin release, than mdma, and less dopamine and Norepinephrine (NE) release compared to mdma Its less speedy and more chillaxed

as far as testing it using five regeants tests , here are the results (and double to make sure)

this was under very bright lighting, when I moved the lighting, one changed texture color a bit, so brightness of light can matter

Marquis instant purple than black -just like mdma, mda, and mde-again if a scumbag drug dealer wanted to fool people, they could do this test in front of ppl and fool them
Mecke light purple first second, then purple, then black
mandelin instant dark green - after I moved lighting it looked blue
simon a clear
simon b blue

I would distinguish 5-mapb from mdma in that there is much less physical stimulation (especially uncomfortable kind), and it is somewhat more visually interesting. I find it extremely common to notice halos around lights and color shifts in my entire vision field. Nothing outright hallucinatory as in breathing or cartooning so much, more similar to a mda experience. I highly enjoy 5-mapb especially on the calculated 2xdose combo with stim. Gets much closer to the feel of mdma (if that is what one were looking for 8)

I would distinguish 5-mapb from mdma in that there is much less physical stimulation (especially uncomfortable kind), and it is somewhat more visually interesting. I find it extremely common to notice halos around lights and color shifts in my entire vision field. Nothing outright hallucinatory as in breathing or cartooning so much, more similar to a mda experience. I highly enjoy 5-mapb especially on the calculated 2xdose combo with stim. Gets much closer to the feel of mdma (if that is what one were looking for 8)

2x dose meaning like a 70 gs dose then a 30 redose? depends on weight, some people may only need 70 mgs like 150 lbs, esp after a long break , like years, and trying it out

what stimulates did you have in mind, what dose of stims taken with 5-mapb?

I think what you want depends on the situation, a more stimy feel can interfere with erection function. If one is staying in, (using it for therapy, facing tramas or just a night i with your girl) may not want the extra dopamine and ne release. people that used 5-mapb have mentioned its better on libido than mdma, due to not being as stimy (again
Norepinephrine[Ne]]also called noradrenaline and dopamine release)

the difference between 5-mapb and mdma is just that -dopamine and ne release, thats why many use stims that increase ne and dopamine to try to replicate mdma; although, think what setting you plan on being in, and what makes the most sense, would you rather be a bit chilled back or more alert to everything . 5-mapb has plenty than enough serotonin release on its own,possibily more than mdma just not the dopamine and ne release mdma has. Ne and dopamine which makes you want to go,go,go-speedy like, alert and feeling good. Now if out with friends in the city and going to a music edm festival or dance nightclub, sure, more ne and dopemine release makes sense.

I keep saying this but there is nothing wrong with a lovely-loved up chilled back evening -if you got pure 5-mapb the loved up feeling is there, and some people actually prefer chilling back , in certain situations, I know when I increased my dopamine and ne , im go, go, go, want to go everywhere and get everything done, everything is more intense and faster paced like the energizer bunny, then the day or two after have a bit of a come-down, at least thats my expirience

Last edited:
IME its like MDMA but way more chill, longer lasting, more visual and the comedown is not as bad but I find the hangover to be worse and longer lasting. Very nice substance but missing the "magic" of MDMA/MDA. I'd give it a 9/10 I prefer MDMA because its more energetic and "magical" but 5-MAPB is a nice alternative especially with the horrible quality of most MDMA these days and the cheap price of the 5-MAPB. Dose the same you would for MDA; I usually take 150mgs MDMA but 100mgs of MDA and all I needed was 100mgs of 5-MAPB to roll face so I'm thinking that its potency is the same or very similar to MDA.

Thanks for sharing. That's a very interesting story, one that may go down in history as the only time a man traveled around as a hobo and took daily doses of some pretty powerful and interesting RC's for an entire year. I'm actually just about T+5mins into a combo parachute of 60mg 5-MABP + 10mg of Adderal + 200 mgs of 2fa. All doses I've tried several times. I have a naturally high afinity to 2-fa and need higher doses than most people. I mixed it with some adderal yesterday just to see, just about 1mg as an allergy test and concluded that they are fine to mix together. And I've taken almost 200mg of 5-MABP several times, always spread out though. They are all fun and interesting. My least fav is the actual pharmie (addie) while my absolute favorite RC so far is 2-FA.

But I'm past my super psychedelic days and only trip on really special occasions and plan out as much as possible. I guess that's what happens when you ate well over 500 hits of blotter in 2 years during high school. Like, I was literally tripping my ass off for 2 years and the last week was spent with me wandering around campus with shorts I'd been wearing for a month, no shirt, no shoes and these really cool Gargoyle sunglasses with yellow lenses and like opaque white frames.

Luckily this was in the 90's and at most someone would stop me ask what I was doing to which I replied "Do any of us really know what we're doing?" and would walk off. Never got in trouble and that dose was from an old hippy who had a jar of crystal LSD-25 he got from Albert Hoffman. He would dig a hole and cover the jar and once a year go dig it up and make about 30 gallons inside a 55 gallon drum and to this day I've never had anything like it. We had our whole town tripping balls and we were banking it at $10 for a hit that was more like 3. This guy Gary (the old guy) would ask us to bring him stuff like pipe tobacco, our own blotter paper, and sometimes a jar of Tabasco or something. And that's what we'd pay for 100 sheets. Then we'd take the 100 sheets we brought with and hand him half where he would shakily dunk that one sheet into this dark blue metal drum he had in his bathroom, shake it off a bit, and then hand it back to one of us. After the first time we made a plan. Get two blank and dry sheets ready and use those as gloves to grab this dripping wet sheet from gary and then wrap those 3 sheets in tin foil and stash. And we'd do it till we were out of paper, all but one sheet. That sheet he'd dip the same way but we would carefully make a tinfoil container and have him place it in. That would be our special sheet. We'd all be tripping by this point just from contact. Make it home, and start cutting up sheets into 5's and 10's and 1's. But the sheets we would cut were the outside sheets. the center sheet would go to a different pile. Those outside sheets soaked up enough that the smallest hit would be too much for most. Well anyway, I got to a point where i'd just tear a nice corner off of a special sheet and chew on it for a while. Luckily nobody got hurt or in trouble, and only one person lost their way too far and still hasn't wandered back. But I can tell you there were many people tripping on gov issued lsd25 and had no idea. I'm sure Gary is gone by now. He was old back then, living in a cabin deep within the woods. But if he's still there I know what is in his bathroom and I know he has enough crystal he said to make something like 100 million hits or something. I didn't know about much back then so I just said "cool dude" and was more worried about a bunch of cops storming at us from all sides through the pine trees. But now I realize it's possible. Depending on the size of crystal. I know it weighed more than ounces.

Ok, so now I'm at T+at least 30 or so and it's now hit me that I'm coming up nice. I have no idea why I wrote that story right then and there. I haven't even thought about that story for a long time. And you can doubt me, but I promise you it is true. I wanna give a clue to help you believe I didn't make that up. I know two scientists who worked with Hoffman, but in different labs only experimented on animals while Hoffman at the time was using humans and had full CIA clearance. They had so much lucy inside this lab that if you unleashed it back then to the whole world, we would still all be tripping our balls off. Gary was friends with one of these animal scientists. That's how he got it. The whole program got shut down almost over night and he was able to grab as much as possible and gave Gary his stash. Fun times for all. I don't regret it at all. It opened my eyes to a perspective of this world I still see through.

Sorry for the rambling off topic comment.

The come up takes anywhere from 1-2 hours to manifest.

Depending on your tolerance and sensitivity, you might not feel 60mg or it would be a low dose trip. It's possible you could roll hard, idk. You'd only find out after trying obviously, but that's my guess.

Remember to take the same precautions as mdma. Esp. don't mix it with a MAOI.

curious as to how long(months, years etc) 5-mapb is good for (stays potent) or if it slowly degrades potency over a period of months or years?

Status
Not open for further replies.