Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-MAPB Thread (v2)

BlueBull

Moderator: MDMA
510px-5-MAPB.svg.png

5-MAPB (1-(benzofuran-5-yl)-N-methylpropan-2-amine) is an entactogenic designer drug which is a methamphetamine derivative structurally related to 5-APB and MDMA. It has similar effects to these drugs in humans and has been used as a recreational drug. 5-MAPB was temporarily banned in the UK in June 2013 after being detected being used as a street drug and sold online, along with 9 other related compounds.

Previous thread:
The Main 5-MAPB Thread

Information from erowid (link):
DURATION
Oral
  • Total duration: 3 - 6 hours
  • Onset: 20 - 60 mins
  • Coming Up: 20 - 60 mins
  • Plateau: 2 - 5 hrs
  • Coming Down: 1 - 2 hrs
Insufflated or Rectal
  • Total duration: 3 - 5 hours
  • Onset: 10 - 30 mins
  • Coming Up: 20 - 30 mins
  • Plateau: 1 - 2 hrs
  • Coming Down: 1 - 2 hrs
  • After Effects: 12 hrs
EFFECTS LIST
POSITIVE
  • mood lift, euphoria
  • increased appreciation of music
  • increased awareness, stimulation
  • increase in emapthy
  • increase in associative and creative thinking
  • enhanced tactile sensation, sensual appreciation
  • erotic or sexual enhancement
  • NEUTRAL
  • general shift in consciousness (common)
  • pupil dilation
  • change in perception of time
  • slight increase in heart rate
  • slight increase in blood pressure
  • slight shifts in vision, starring patterns, etc.
NEGATIVE
(likelihood of negative side effects increases with higher doses)
  • tremors
  • anxiety
  • jaw tension, trismus
  • confusion
  • nausea, stomach discomfort especially when taken orally
  • sweating
  • light to mild dehydration
  • desire to redose more times than intended
  • sensation of cold / shivers
  • insomnia, lack of sleep with re-dosing (common with stimulants)
  • some users report slight hypoxia or vasoconstriction at higher doses (redness or blue color in peripheral appendanges)
  • "brain zaps": shivers, electrical shock sensations (after high doses or frequent use)
General Effects Notes
The effects of 5-MAPB are usually compared to MDMA and other euphoric stimulants like 6-APB, MBDB, etc.

5-MAPB is less physically stimulating than MDMA, methamphetamine, 2-FA, 4-FA, and many other euphoric stimulants at equivalent levels of empathogenesis. Some users combine 5-MAPB with low doses of more epinephrine and dopamine agonist stimulants in order to "fill in" for the lack of wakefulness and stimulation that 5-MAPB provides. When taking 5-MAPB by itself, higher doses are often ingested than when combined with other drugs, in part because of this lack of stimulating effects when taken alone. When taken at oral doses over 150 mg, strong jaw tension and other physical side effects become evident and can become problematic.

Some experience reports:
Link
Link
Link
Link
Link (erowid)
Link (erowid)
Link (erowid)

Last edited:
From the previous thread:
Yes, please, I would be very interested in reading about other's opinions. I spent a lot of time searching for info about this combo before I tried it, and there were not many trip reports, though it seems that it is gaining popularity over time.
Alright, I'll make sure to do that. One more question for you: was there any confusion, cloudiness or even hallucinations, like MDMA sometimes produces? Or was it more clearheaded than MDMA? I'm asking because I have this every time I roll on MDMA, no matter the dose, so I'd like to know if that's a possibility with this combo as well

Well, just to clarify terms: I never found MDMA to have psychedelic effects, but my doses were always in the cautious range of 125 mg., maybe with a 100 mg. redose a couple of hours later. But it is true that it had some kind of hasty nature sometimes, as if one were in the edge of losing control, specially at the emotional field. In this sense, I found the 5-mapb combo much more controllable at an equipotent dose, it was somewhat calm and clear minded. I felt very confident with other people that did not know I was on a drug, and I think it would have been diferent if I had taken MDMA instead.
This is true even when I find the combo "a bit" more psichedelic than MDMA. I could feel the 4-HO-MIPT presence here, not only contributing to the "magic" element of the mix, but also enhancing the world's colors as one can expect from a tryptamine.
But, as I said before, you can always modulate these efects as desired, just increasing or decreasing the amount of any of the trio elements.

Well, just to clarify terms: I never found MDMA to have psychedelic effects, but my doses were always in the cautious range of 125 mg., maybe with a 100 mg. redose a couple of hours later. But it is true that it had some kind of hasty nature sometimes, as if one were in the edge of losing control, specially at the emotional field. In this sense, I found the 5-mapb combo much more controllable at an equipotent dose, it was somewhat calm and clear minded. I felt very confident with other people that did not know I was on a drug, and I think it would have been diferent if I had taken MDMA instead.
This is true even when I find the combo "a bit" more psichedelic than MDMA. I could feel the 4-HO-MIPT presence here, not only contributing to the "magic" element of the mix, but also enhancing the world's colors as one can expect from a tryptamine.
But, as I said before, you can always modulate these efects as desired, just increasing or decreasing the amount of any of the trio elements.
Yeah it's like that for most people. I seem to be extremely sensitive to these psychedelic effects. For me they start at around 100mg (no redose) and peak in what can only be described as a heavy psychedelic trip at around 180mg (no redose), though that only occurs if I smoke weed during the roll. Weed is the trigger for me. And since these effects always make the my roll more hazy than normal I was wondering if I should expect the same with this combo. Detailed answer, thanks, really helpful :) It's probably going to be a while before I can try this out but I'm really interested to see how it compares to MDMA, so as soon as I can arrange the necessary supplies I'm trying it out

in the 5-mapb (v1) thread I wrote a lot...long story short the empathy is there like mdma, it for sure is mg for mg much much stronger than I previously thought. I tested it using all five regeants tests from dancesafe.com- tested out as good- was a brown crystal powder. I did 110 mgs weighed out , everything was there, empathy, tactile sensations, brighter colors, like mdma, slightly stimulating. The only thing that wasnt was the stimulation, as mdma releases serotonin , dopamine and ne. This stuff releases mainly serotonin . As for psychedilic effects, they are there, like mdma, brighter colors , things look different, not hallucinating by any means

The trip itself was nice, enjoyed it with my girlfriend, we went deep as a couple on it. I wrote a report in the previous thread. Furthermore, on days 2-8 after I did 5-mapb, I came down with serotonin syndrome which ive never had before , even after doing mdma thirty times. I passed ut in my kitchen, low blood pressure, blood glucose- out of control, dizzy, not being able to stand very long without getting light headed,crying and tearing up in front of family members, not getting much sleep each night, in and out of consciousness while sleeping. If you do your hours upon hurs of research on 5-mapb , quite a few people have had serotonin syndrome the whole week after. I thought I was being responsible dosing 110 mgs, was 245 lbs at time. My girlfriend was 165 at time , did 75 mgs and got slight sides, the whole week, mainly no sleep, but no major serotonin syndrome like I did. use caution with this one and do not start out at a mg per kg of body-weight, this stuff is unordiarly strong, much much stronger than mdma

Unfortunately i got scared and threw mine out , I told my mom if I died that she did a goodjob or raising me and that im in a good place if I die and told her what I did. Basically I Thought I was close to death (on a scale of 1-10 id rate my serotonin syndrome as an 7 or 8, any more i could have died, i may have freaked out some, who wouldnt though, i went through some bad side effects...hindsight is 20/20, for the safely of everyone start at 1/3-1/2 dose per kg of body-weight ive done mdma over thirty times and never had serotonin syndrome like this, this was really bad. -that was my first experience with it. so while on -good-too much serontin release though for me that day, i remember thinking i wouldnt want to do anymore, and the week after very bad serotonin syndrome side effects!

who knows i could have sensitive genetics to serotonin as everyone genetics are different, however I have done mdma thirty times previously and never experienced a week long of serontin sydrome, passing out, moderate to severe side effects so I do recommend everyone start out at 1/3-1/2 dose of what you normally would ~please be responsible everyone~

please share the good and bad

Last edited:
I really don't know why you reacted to it like that, especially since your MAPB wasn't white, which is supposed to be stronger than the tan one.
5-MAPB was the first drug I've ever taken, about 80mg of fluffy, white powder, I drank it with a glass of juice and then a friend of mine persuaded me to snort a small line of mephedrone (or 3-mmc it was, but I believe it was mephedrone since he's got a constant access to it). In all my stupidity and lack of theoretical knowledge at that time, nothing really bad happened. I was extremely stimulated (kept walking all over the place and outside for about 3 hours, couldn't stay still for more than 2 minutes), my hands were shaking, had occasional brain fogs and cardiac arrthythmia. The good thing about it was that I actually felt really good and was in a great mood (nothing special I suppose). The following day wasn't that bad, surely better than an alcohol hangover. So, here goes my first experience with 5-MAPB and drugs overall, wasn't bad, wasn't that good, but it was a great lesson that taught me to treat drugs carefully.

I'm going to a party next week and I'd like to try AL-LAD+5-MAPB combo, has anyone ever tried it? I have only taken AL-LAD once, 5-MAPB 3 times, so I generally know what to expect, but I'm wondering on the dose.
I thought about taking half a blotter of AL-LAD (75ug) and 40-50mg of 5-MAPB, which theoretically should result in slight psychedelic effects, strong euphoria and stimulation, better perception of music (which I'm really looking forward to). Is there anything I should be aware about besides getting easily dehydrated? Is it safe to mix those two?
It looks like a good party mix but I'm not really sure if it'll work in practice, every opinion will be greatly appreciated.

I have never vaped this before but would less amounts like 10-20 mg vaped be stronger? Vs oral which takes me atleast 60-100 mg to get where I need?

Do plan getting 5 apb again soon

I usually like to mix with MXE and benzos. Hopefully will get more bud tom

Female

Weight: 205 lb (~ 93 kg)

Experience: I have extensive past experience with marijuana, cocaine, and methamphetamine. Limited experience with ecstasy. I haven't used hard drugs in a long time (years) and have recently become interested in the research chemical industry. So far I have only tried alpha PHP and found it very much to my liking. This is my first experience with 5-MAPB.

Dose: I'm not exactly sure because the scale I bought was cheap and only measures in hundreds of milligrams (i.e. 0.1g, 0.2g), but I'm certain it was less than 100mg. I prepared the dose by filling the end of a plastic straw that was cut at an angle. It fully dissolved and wasn't at all thick in 20 units of water.

Method: IV

This is going to be a bit long, so I apologize in advance. When I first got my 5-MAPB, I was under the impression it could be insufflated (though every report I read suggested against this because it's supposed to be VERY painful), taken orally, and vaporized. I did an allergy test the other day by insufflating a tiny amount, and I can confirm that it is NOT the way to go about taking this stuff. It was terrible. It killed the back of my throat and made me sneeze. No amount of water gurgling got rid of the burning pain. I tried to vaporize it a few days later and met with absolutely no success. I guess I had my facts confused with reports of vaping a-PHP. I've been reading up on it, though, and a few people are suggesting that the new(ish) crystal version available can be vaped successfully. What I have is a very fine powder in a tan color. I wasn't keen to take it orally as I've read that it requires a much higher dose for the same effects, and I really don't want to burn through my supply too quickly. This led me to the possibility of IVing it. I have a lot of experience with IVing meth from a few years ago, but I did a lot of damage to my veins and now I'm not at all eager to go near the needle if I can avoid it. However, this seemed like the most promising way to me.

As soon as I finished injecting, there was an immediate sort of rush, but it wasn't very strong or overwhelming. I was still able to stand up and walk around. About five minutes later I started to really feel the effects and I had to sit down because I got dizzy. I can't remember what ecstasy feels like, so I won't be able to give you a comparison with that. The high isn't at all like a stimulant. I actually feel pretty mellow, but I feel good. My only complaint is that it's definitely one of those dizzy, disorienting type highs. I can still function, but it takes me a little longer than usual. I don't mind it too much, but it's not what I was expecting. From all the reports I've read about 5-MAPB, I thought it was going to be one of those things that makes you want to party. Instead I feel chill and I'm quite content to sit on my bed. Forty minutes into it and I'm beginning to feel sleepy. I'm not sure if this is the 5-MAPB or the fact that I was very tired before I took it. I don't think I'll be having the often ranted about side effect of not being able to sleep. Anyway, good luck to any and all who decide to use this method of ingestion. Just be careful!

seems rather dangerous to IV something new for the first time. I do understand you have experience with methamphetamines just seems a bit risky.... better to taste test if first IMO.

Question about storage - If I were to procure a HCL base product of this light tan to off white color what would be the best way to store it? I am guessing cool dry place with no UV but not necessarily the freezer.

I agree that it was totally reckless. I was careful to start with a very small dose, though. And I had previously done an allergy test. Still, I'm not going to argue that what I did was dangerous, because it was. I won't be IVing it again. It made me very sleepy. I have since had success in ingesting it orally as seems to be the most popular method. A little less than 100mg wrapped in a small amount of rolling paper and I began to feel the positive effects after about 10 minutes. It's much, much different than when I IVed it. I don't feel sleepy at all. I feel my mood is uplifted and I have energy. It's a very nice high, but I am not condoning the use of drugs to anyone, just to be clear. I'm not on here to promote drug use. LOL

My question went kinda unnoticed, so I'd like to repeat it

I'm going to a party next week and I'd like to try AL-LAD+5-MAPB combo, has anyone ever tried it? I have only taken AL-LAD once, 5-MAPB 3 times, so I generally know what to expect, but I'm wondering on the dose.
I thought about taking half a blotter of AL-LAD (75ug) and 40-50mg of 5-MAPB, which theoretically should result in slight psychedelic effects, strong euphoria and stimulation, better perception of music (which I'm really looking forward to). Is there anything I should be aware about besides getting easily dehydrated? Is it safe to mix those two?
It looks like a good party mix but I'm not really sure if it'll work in practice, every opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'd like to ask about Etizolam effects, if the trip is too much for me, can I take 0.5mg or 1mg of Etizolam to minimize psychedelic effects?

I am no chemist but it simply seems like a new twist on the classic candyflip. In that way I would guess you should take the AL-LAD first get through the come up find your happy head space and then drop in the 5-MAPB. Back in the day well .. the one time I did actually candyflip that's what I did. And I got lucky it just kinda fell into my lap, Planned on tripping that night, then wound up going to rave.... cause I was in a really good place mentally that a Rave sounded like a great idea, then just before entering said Rave I was offered E and I was like.... sure why not. My best advice is don't go into it thinking..... OK this is 100% my plan, just ease into the AL-LAD trip, you should know in the first 1.5 to 2 hours if your headspace is right. If it is proper - drop in the 5-MAPB.

I find no need to combo drop things like this exactly at the same time, the come up can be jarring IMO.

I have no idea what Etizolam is so can't help you there.

Okay so first post here so sorry before hand :).

Weight:135lbs

Dose: 110mg

Experience:Just marijuana and benzos and mxe b4 this.

Method: snort

So i took about 3/5 of it and it felt really amazing, instant head rush and its hard to describe exactly how my body felt but it defiantly felt 100/10 godlike. Ended up doing the other 2/5 about 30 minutes afterwards because why not? Ended up puking a little but I think it was just from how much I snorted and I was on a semi-empty stomache. There was some empathy not alot, but i did chainsmoke and it makes you really talkative. Didn't really have any sort of depression or fatigue the day after either, besides a couple days ago I did 5mapb + LSD and I for sure felt a little shit the day after.

just to found this out, been doing hours upon hours of research 5-mapb is 2x's stronger than mdma. 50 mgs would equal 100 mgs on paper(it could be 1.8 x's stronger or 2.3 but you get the point- as an average 2x's stronger) everyone i researched the fire out of this one months and months and still finding answers. do your research

to the people that did it orally pay attention to yourself the next week. I didnt experience serotonin syndrome kicking in 2-3 days after i finished. serotonin syndrome sides- not being able to sleep normally, getting little sleep, tearing up in front of family, more open with feelings, can get dizzy and pass out , just google serontin syndrome- hopefully everyone's okay

serotonin syndrome sides- not being able to sleep normally, getting little sleep, tearing up in front of family, more open with feelings, can get dizzy and pass out

how is that serotonin syndrome? serotonin syndrome is a potentially fatal condition that requires hospitalisation.
serotonin syndrome is characterised by clonus, tremor, akathisia, hyperreflexia, diaphoresis, agitation, agression and/or a temperature over 38˚C.

hmmm. Well smells and tastes a lot like MDMA. Taste tested 20 mg. bitter, but dissipated quickly, nothing like the mouth numb from 1 mg of 25I - I know totally different animal.... but these are my only 2 forays into this world. Source suggested I would need at least 80 mg to really feel it.

buzzy, warm, definitely a stim. Tiny lil bit of music appreciation..... sounds are different in general.. not to much at all in the way of bruxism of elevated heart rate.... played it safe when I read that 30 mg to 50 mg can be a full hit.

To me this aint even half a hit of MDMA, and I never did any less so I have no real base to draw from. Tan offwhite powder. VERY fluffy product is in HCL.

hmmm..... resisting all desire to redoes.... simply to late.

how is that serotonin syndrome? serotonin syndrome is a potentially fatal condition that requires hospitalisation.
serotonin syndrome is characterised by clonus, tremor, akathisia, hyperreflexia, diaphoresis, agitation, agression and/or a temperature over 38˚C.

let me wiki that for you, why dont you wiki it. yes those symtops i mentioned are serotonin syndrome. have you ever had serotonin syndrome?

take the time and watch this https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=serotonin+syndrome

in the 5-mapb v1 thread the trip report Ignot- a blueligher, did his 5mapb expirience after mine and had same side effects as I.,he ended up going to the hospital I could have went but didnt and waited untill i got a fast dr appointment where i got bloodwork done

i've wiki'd and pubmed'd serotonin syndrome many times. it can cause many of the symptoms you list, but it's impossible to diagnose it with those symptoms alone - especially for a layman. according to the literature on pubmed (and also wikipedia if you like that source more) the gold standard for diagnosing serotonin are the hunter criteria, which include exactly the symptoms i've listed.

it's just that the term gets used pretty inflationary around here and getting serotonin syndrome days after consuming the drug at a time when it should really be out of your system is pretty illogical. but if you've been diagnosed by a specialist, i'll shut my mouth.

i've wiki'd and pubmed'd serotonin syndrome many times. it can cause many of the symptoms you list, but it's impossible to diagnose it with those symptoms alone - especially for a layman. according to the literature on pubmed (and also wikipedia if you like that source more) the gold standard for diagnosing serotonin are the hunter criteria, which include exactly the symptoms i've listed.

it's just that the term gets used pretty inflationary around here and getting serotonin syndrome days after consuming the drug at a time when it should really be out of your system is pretty illogical. but if you've been diagnosed by a specialist, i'll shut my mouth.

No worries man, Im glad you're asking questions. A friend, whom is a doctor, mentioned it after I told that I did 5-mapb. Years before weve talked about mdma, and weve known one another and talked openly about things , including drugs, for quite some time.

Here are the facts
-ive seen a quite a few reports where someone got symptoms of serotonin syndrome the week after, at 100 mgs or more of this stuff(if you research all the trip reports searches and hours of thread reading you will too)
- I was taking t3 at the time
- I didnt start experiencing symptoms untill I started taking 5-htp two days afterwards (mixing 350 mgs egcg mix 5-htp) 350 mgs egcg is very rare to get, and egcg causes 5-htp cross the brain blood barrier (never again am i doing this)
-Im still lost as to why I got it, none the less, I got it and it was bad

Im just here to share my experience, and hope none of you get what happened to me. Moreover, after doing more research the serotonin release is two times that of mdma dosing. The borat combo looks like worth studying deeply, if wanting to replicate an mdma expirience. Having said that, the empathy is 5-mapb alone is super strong (we can get into the difference of why 5-mapb feels a bit different than mdma as well dopamine and ne, and Most tryptamines are effective for 1a agonism and just a few mg are needed.