Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-APDB Thread

danharper01

Bluelighter
5-(2-Aminopropyl)-2,3-dihydrobenzofuran

428px-3-desoxy-MDA.svg.png

5-(2-Aminopropyl)-2,3-dihydrobenzofuran (5-APDB, 3-Desoxy-MDA, EMA-4) is a putative entactogen drug of the phenethylamine and amphetamine classes.
It is an analogue of the MDA where the heterocyclic 3-position oxygen from the 3,4-methylenedioxy ring has been replaced by a methylene bridge.
5-APDB was developed by a team led by David E. Nichols at Purdue University as part of their research into non-neurotoxic analogues of MDMA.
In vitro studies show that 5-APDB acts as a highly selective serotonin releasing agent (SSRA), with IC50 values of 130 nM, 7,089 nM, and 3,238 nM for inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, respectively.
Anecdotal reports from human users suggest that 5-APDB produces mild empathy but with relatively little euphoria and is accompanied by sedation.

So I am acquiring some of this soon and it is of very high quality.

What are your experiences with it?

Transformedit: Another, older thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyway SSRA's are basically all the same, this will be very similar to MDAI and IAP

Copied a previous experience I had from another forum:

experience with 125 mg of 3-desoxy-mda (5-APBD) 4 years ago. 28 years, 80 kg, very experienced user.

In short, apparently it felt very much like MDMA with a couch-lock effect. Almost the same empathogenic effects - but not quite there, but closer than, for instance, methylone or 4-FA - but almost no dopamine drive feeling. A bit of a post-e crash feeling the day after. Duration ~5 hours.

This was years before I tried 5- or 6-APB, and even if the experience has faded a bit, I would rate it higher in terms of empathy and openness (but not psychedelia or drive) - could be even more of a winner if wisely combined with a more dopaminergic agent. Definitely not another MDAI (I have never sampled IAP despite years of trying to acquire some)

So this is great for combining with a psychedelic, for therapeutic value and cuddling with your girlfriend? I've been looking out for a serotonin releaser like that, so I'm keeping my eye on this thread at least

Last edited:
i may be getting some of this soon, so appreciate the report! let us know how 75 goes although friday isn't much time to let tolerance subside - although 25mg is obviously a low dose.

i was thinking of trying 100mg after initial allergy test since that's a pretty standard 5-apb dose.

I doubt I will still have tolerance by Friday but I wanna go slightly low because I will be smoking a lot of bud this weekend.

Just curious, what're your reasons for thinking that? Stimulant tolerance usually takes 2 weeks minimum for tolerance to subside, but preferably a month. You haven't left a week. Is it just because the initial dose was small and not likely to produce much tolerance?

I ask because apparently the dose you took was enough to produce noticeable effects, which makes me think it have produced some tolerance.

Tested at 120mg a few days ago. Likely had some tolerance issues as 3 days before that I took HOT-7 (assuming it didn't degrade to its sched 1 brother 2-c-t-7 , who really knows)

First opinion is I'm not a huge fan. This is my first MDA/MDMA "replacement" type chem that I've tried (unless 4-fa is marketed as such)

First alerts were about 20-30 minutes , on a full stomach , which in comparison to MDMA is really fast , usually a good hour to hour and a half it takes , but I've never fasted before MDMA use so maybe that's why I have somewhat abnormal come ups (doesn't fully kick in for 2 or more hours).

By the end of the first hour I was "peaking" , and the following hour was the most intense part.

Really clumsy , wobbly when walking , head felt very heavy & felt discordanated.y only comfortable option was to sit/lay. I didn't get much in the way of actually mind euphoria but the body euphoria was present and quite pleasant.

Empathy present , tactile & music enhancement as well. I laid & pet my dog for what must of been an hour & I'm not really the lovey type animal owner.

Peak didn't seem to last long , maybe 2 hours & back to baseline (or close to) by 4-4.5 hours. Gradual come down. No urge to redose like MDMA. Still throughout the whole experience and even after the effects nearly wore off I just couldn't now bring myself to getting out of bed. Oh should add shivers were present throughout.

At about 4.5 hours in I started what ended up being a 3-fa wank-a-thon binge and over the next 12-4 hours polished off 500mg (god I hate the days orders arrive sometimes) . I initially just wanted to try the 3-fa and give me a picker up because of how lazy the 5-apdb left me but compulsion got the better of me. I stayed up 40 hours. After the first 24 I still felt fairly clear-headed & not all groggy like I usually would during an all nighter and never had the anxiety of not being able to fall asleep as I would on most stims. 3-fa ran out at about 6 a.m. My girlfriend was pretty annoyed I stayed up all night & never came to bed so we had a minor argument around 11 when she woke up. Then at around 1-2 p.m. 24 hours after 5-apdb ingestion and about 7-8 hours after my last bump of 3-fa I decided to dip into my 4-fa and over the next 9-10 hours ingested 350mg , give or take.

Anyways I got a solid 8 hours of sleep after being up 40 hours and feel fine. I never mixed these while the main effects were present of the other so not sure how they'd go together. Giving the insane sedation of 5-apdb I feel like a stim is in need but I have no clue of the dangers. & I'm not the type who prefers meth+MDMA over straight MDMA. MDMA is somewhat sedating to me and I suppose lacks the push of speediness for an all nighter out raving or at a festival , but most of my drug use is with myself or a couple others in a much more laid back atmosphere so straight MDMA is quite good for me on its own without a stim , but wow wow wow this 5-apdb is just wayyyy to sedating.

Any idea what would be the least harmful stim to mix with this. I have 4-fa , 2-fma & pentedrone at my disposal. Never tried my 2-fma , hated the pent and love the 4-fa a little to much for my own good (I liked 3-fa but sadly it's gone).

Since this is a harm reduction site , I don't condone my multi-drug binge , and feel it was hugely irresponsible. That being said I never really used them in combination and each chem was taken after MOST effects of the last worse off.

I didn't eat for a good 36 hours outside of a banana & a cookie or two so after getting 8 hours of sleep I do feel pretty weak/sore but no depression is present.

Lastly since this turned into a bit of a rant then straight forward facts about my experience with 5-apdb I should add it definitely gave me the shits. Not to the point where I had to rush to the bathroom in fear of an accident but during the come up GI issues arouse twice. Nothing like the automatic laxative 4-mec gives me , and not as annoying as DOC trips where ill end up sitting there an hour , get lost in the swirling , breathing threads on my towel hanging on the shower rack and realize 45 minutes later there's nothing but a teeny weeny rabbit turd there. Maybe TMI , sorry.

Anyways gonna be a while before I try this one again (months) and putting my FA up as well in a safe lace I can't easily access when temptation arises.

Overall was pleasurable but Regret Not going with a .5g purchase instead of the 1g I bought. Seems more potent by weight then MDMA though as I feel like 100mg would of been enough but was worried about tolerance from HOT-7 used 3 days prior. & I know this is a MDA analogue but I've never used it to my knowledge only MDMA which is why I use comparisons a few times. To put doses in perspective 100-125mg of MDMA would just be a tease (I'm a bigger guy) , an initial dose of 125-150 followed by a 50mg top up is usually my sweet spot but its been awhile since I've even did MDMA as I suspect I was sold the bk version last time (methylone) so I haven't pursued obtaining any in a while.

Anyways have 5-apb en route , 5-mapb soon & hopefully 6-apb so hoping these prove to be more worthwhile chems (not saying 5-apdb was all negative , I just found the sedation unbearable , I honestly could have fell asleep 2 hours in if I wasn't paranoid that sleeping while on it may pose extra dangers)

Lastly any thoughts or cautions against a 5-apdb & 4-fa combo. Maybe 100mg 4-fa followed by 75mg 5-apdb half hour later? Or would a more traditional straight stim without the euphoria 4-fa gives be a better option? No plans for the near future just brain storming

Last edited:
Nice reports on this novel chem! For those who have tried 5-Apb or 6-Apb, how does it compare? Is it more/less potent, or are the effects totally different?

I found the effects to be very different from 5-apb , but I've only used each once.

I think apdb is more potent by weight , but ill repot back when I've used both in the same dose range. I plan to basically flip flop dosages. Tried 9Omg 5-apb my first time , plan to go for 11O-12O next & I think it was 12O-125 with 5-adbp & plan to try 9O-1OO my next try .

Maybe next month ill give 5- adbp a go again and report back.

Out of the two it's the one I see more promise in but hard to tell with such limited experience.

^Thanks! Besides potency, how would you say they're different? Is one more psychedelic/speedy/sedating than the other? I've only tried 6-Apb (once) so I have no frame of reference.

I found 5-apdb to be much more sedating & the peak to be much more intense. If I remember right I had to lay down during the peak as I felt somewhat disoriented.

The comeup was much faster as well.

5-apb on the other hand was more subtle & came in waves. Never hit a strong/intense peak. This could all be due to dosage i suppose , which is why I can't really say which I find the better of the two . 5-apb though was not sedating for me at all & was actually stimulating & found it hard to sleep 1O hours after ingestion , whereas 5-adbp I felt if I wanted to I could of slept during the peak.

For me neither were psychedelic .

How would people rate this is social settings? Too sedating? How is the intensity of the chemical compared to MDAI and MDMA?

How would people rate this is social settings? Too sedating? How is the intensity of the chemical compared to MDAI and MDMA?
This chemical is great of a social setting. Not too sedating at all.

I have never tried MDAI but I have done MDMA plenty of times.
Honestly feels like if a beginner's version of MDMA existed. Something very gentle, yet euphoric and amazing.

5-APDB is best combined with dopaminergic stimulant like 2-FMA (that is what I used and the combo was almost better than MDA)

5-APDB is best combined with dopaminergic stimulant like 2-FMA (that is what I used and the combo was almost better than MDA)

"Best" is subjective. I won't disagree with you because yours is an opinion I'm sure many share. It probably has to depend on what activity you plan on doing.

My social settings tend to be calm and relaxed either that or I like thought and introspection. With that said I have combined this a few times with different tryptamines such as 4-aco-dmt and it certainly added an enjoyable aspect to the experience.

What were the dosage with the 2-fma combo?

Also curious to info on the tryptamine combo. (Dosage ? Other 4 subbed used?)

4-ho-MIPT + MDMA combo was my most euphoric experience to date.

Both 4-aco-dmt & 5-apdb are very sedative in my experiences so not sure if that combo is for me.

What were the dosage with the 2-fma combo?

Also curious to info on the tryptamine combo. (Dosage ? Other 4 subbed used?)

4-ho-MIPT + MDMA combo was my most euphoric experience to date.

Both 4-aco-dmt & 5-apdb are very sedative in my experiences so not sure if that combo is for me.

They were 75mg 5-APDB/15mg 2-FMA each capsule.

Was tripping with my friends last weekend. We were 4 guys, 3 of us did 5-apdb. The last guy did mxe and 5-meo-dmt.

Earlier experience with SRA's: MDMA, 6-apb.
Setting: Living room of my friends house.
Dose: 145 mg oral, with at least 3 hours fasting before.

Aprrox. 1,5 hour before dosing the 5-apdb, waiting for the last guy who was also gonna do 5-apdb, we insufflated 8 mg's of 5-meo-dmt. A great short trip, lasted ½ an hour. Point of this is, that we dosed the 5-apdb on the (pretty great) afterglow of 5-meo-dmt.

When we dosed we were pretty excited since my 2 friends had never done a SRA before. Because of my (and the other friend's) experiences with MDMA and 6-apb, we had put their expectations pretty high. Also, we had understood from what we had read, that the 5-apdb comeup was pretty quick. It was not. For the first hour after dosing, nothing really happened. Small alterations, physical and mental, but nothing of note.

After 80 minutes we felt the warmth of SRA's, our hands were very sweaty, plus the jaw-clenching started. I was still very disappointed so far though, so we deciced to do a 30-40 mg's redose, insufflated. Man, great timing. I came up (for real) right before insufflating, while my friends, felt they came up after - as a result of the redose.

During the peak, which lasted about an hour (from +1,5h - +2,5h) there was a slightly stimulating feeling to the trip. We danced around for a bit, talked a lot. Listened to trance (darkpsy, goa) and some DnB. I would not call this compound a stimulant though. Though moving around felt nice during the peak, sitting down was preferable. The "couch-lock" feeling was definitely there, at least for two of us. The other friend was actually a bit more stimulated, and for him walking around the living room was the natural thing to do. I guess we just react differently to any compound, but i'm pretty confident none of us felt any "real" stimulation.

When we went out to smoke weed during the peak (+2 h), we talked about going for a walk, but it just seemed somewhat... unnecessary, when we felt so good just sitting around the house. The euphoria and empathy was definitely there, and we felt great. It was definitely milder than MDMA though, both less euphoria and empathy. Seems like we were missing the dopamine part of the euphoric feeling, as in no (real) stimulation and a lot less mental euphoria than MDMA. The bodyhigh was great though. Just sitting down, running our hands through our hair was great, you could definitely feel the serotonin part of the euphoria. Also, the music appreciation was really good.

After +2,5 hour, the trip got a little less intense, and we started a very very slow and mild comedown. It lasted til around +5 H, and during those 2,5 hours we would sit around, talk, listen to music and just feel happy and connected. At +5 h you could say we had almost come down, but then again there was a great afterglow, which just seemed like a very mild version of the peak actually. Still a good feeling and music appreciation.

At this point, my friend and I, who had done DMT earlier, decided to do 12 mg's of 5-meo-dmt, insufflated. It started off way too intense - my friend threw up in the garden. I just had to lie down and ride off the most intense part of the 5-meo-dmt. 15 minutes after dosing, the bad feeling was gone, and we were left with a great psychedelic feeling. Nice bodyhigh, and a slight visual enhancement, some visuals. (Like the ceiling waving, intense colours etc.) As we came down from the 5-meo-dmt, we descended into an awesome 5-apdb/5-meo-dmt afterglow, which lasted till we comfortably feel asleep around +6,5 H. Overall a great night.

So in conclusion: 5-apdb has a great bodyhigh, but is less euphoric than MDMA. It could be great for a social setting where MDMA is too pushy and overwhelming. We were definitely in control of the trip, (as long as we didn't combine with 5-meo-dmt.) And at least for two of us, it was not really stimulating at all. We were totally couch-locked for most of the trip.

I can confirm that my experience with 5-apdb was pretty much in line with this ^report, although my peak seemed a little bit longer

Any opinions on combining this with 6APB/6APDB? I'm wondering about how not only the two 'APDB' compounds will go together, but also how a low 50mg of APDB would act upon 6-APB