View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Machine vs. Vape Pens for DMT

d-DEX-25

Bluelighter
I recently tried a vape pen for DMT which was convenient but it took multiple hits to achieve even just some Aztec forestry to appear???

Are these things effective for break through doses?

The Machine when properly constructed and used allows me to vape a large breakthrough dose in just a few hits!!!

Are there special vape pens or maybe dab rigs that can achieve what The Machine can? Or should I stop trying to evolve with the times and keep it to what works??

All of these are good options. A machine is really just a glorified crack pipe.
A dab rig is the best way to blast off in 1 hit.
A Yocan Evolve vape pen with ceramic donut coil is great for vaping powder DMT without looking like a crackhead. This is preferred for festivals and such if you don’t have a premade pen.
You can blast off on premade vape pens but it usually takes a few hits. It sounds like the vape pen you have has a low concentration of DMT. I like to make them 1:1 (500mg DMT to .5ml of PG). This is pretty standard and you can have visuals off of one hit if you turn the voltage up on the vape. I’m going to try making my next batch of vapes a little more potent, maybe 600-700mg DMT to .5ml PG.

Last edited:
Just use a crack pipe tbh
I had horrendous results with crack/meth pipes. I was probably doing it wrong but I always burnt it and burnt DMT is fucking foul tasting.

@d-DEX-25 my favorite way to smoke DMT is to sandwich it in weed and smoke it in a regular pipe or bong. It's surprisingly effective but not the most efficient. Makes your piece smell like DMT tho.

I had horrendous results with crack/meth pipes. I was probably doing it wrong but I always burnt it and burnt DMT is fucking foul tasting.
A crack pipe and a meth pipe are not the same thing.
A meth pipe, AKA a glass dick, is a glass tube with a ball at the end. You put the drugs in the ball and vaporize through the glass.
A crack pipe is a straight tube with some Brillo stuffed in to one end. The drug gets put in the Brillo and then lit like a cigarette.

A crack pipe and a meth pipe are not the same thing.
A meth pipe, AKA a glass dick, is a glass tube with a ball at the end. You put the drugs in the ball and vaporize through the glass.
A crack pipe is a straight tube with some Brillo stuffed in to one end. The drug gets put in the Brillo and then lit like a cigarette.
I am very aware and used both.

Meth pipes seem to be one of the worst for DMT.
I agree. Horrible experience in general. I had better luck with direct flame.

Honestly I fell in love with weed sandwich for whatever reason. Certainly tastes the best.

I just acquired a straight crack pipe I had to ask the sketchy guys on the corner where they got them lol. The meth style ones with the globe work ok but you have to be very precise so as to not burn it. I always use the meth ones for 5-meo-dmt, regular DMT you need a fairly big dose and its not the best way, you have to keep rolling the pipe in your fingers. I'm looking forward to trying the crack style with brillo. A lot of people swear by the machine thing with the brillo. I have a yocan but it's hard to blast off. The infused herb style works ok. I still have never tried a cart. It seems every method has downsides, though the all work to varying degrees...

I use a Dabtech Duvo (bubbler), a Dabtech Elite Pro (bubbler), or a Glass Vapor Genie (protects product with ceramic disk) with a torch lighter. All of these can send me to the moon on one properly placed hit. Also, Yocan makes several good options like the aforementioned Evolve with ceramic donut coil, or the Evolve Plus with ceramic donut coils (larger) which also fit the Magneto they sell. The trouble with Yocan stuff is they don’t bubble the smoke through water with these products but if you don’t mind a bit harsher taste they definitely work and are very portable.

However with the Dabtech products, you get water filtration and it makes it an easier hit to take, much smoother and easier to hold in. There’s also the Puffco Peak series.
Are these things effective for break through doses?
Only if made strong and heavily concentrated. Little pen cartridges usually won’t cut it; you need monster hits to blast off. That’s why it’s best to rip DMT through some sort of bubbler or bong to maximize the efficiency of your hits. For the e-juice I find it necessary to use a proper size tank.
The Machine when properly constructed and used allows me to vape a large breakthrough dose in just a few hits!!!
Those things can be a bit gnarly. I’m telling you: give a dab rig a whirl and you’ll see why it’s the best way to go.

Also meth pipes don’t work well because DMT has a tendency to “run away” from heat sources and you wind up chasing it up the stem with a torch lighter while not breaking through. Very frustrating; don’t waste your time or DMT.

Last edited:
I just got a premade DMT vape pen recently and am blown away. Tiny small puffs, no smoke comes out, seems way more efficient and doesn’t taste horrible.

I don’t have the courage for a large hit or hyperspace right now because way back years ago I had the odd horrible terrorizing experience a couple times which made me always fear it may happen (could have been due to ghb withdrawal at the time).

These are great to be able to take places and puff and walk around. The fluidity effects make everything look so awesome.

The one I got is advertised as having 1g (i think in 1mL) seems perfect. Been taking baby sized hits and it’s nice.