• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Sounds like a bad idea because you'll mess up with your tolerance and then it won't work as it should. Tolerance to pregabalin skyrockets very easily. You should talk to your psychiatrist and try to get a benzo for ocasional use. But just once in a while, you don't want to be taking too many benzos.
I know now your situation is hard because of the anxiety, but if you overdo medication you'll have anxiety and a drug problem.
Try breathing tecniques as well to see if they help.
That’s exactly what I was going to say. The wds from even short term use are totally NOT worth any positive effects. Particularly if you’re taking it for mental health issues.

Might score some lyrica tomorrow. Last time that I did lyrica I think the withdrawals were non-existant.... we will see if I even end up scoring it.

Might score some lyrica tomorrow. Last time that I did lyrica I think the withdrawals were non-existant.... we will see if I even end up scoring it.
I am down to 50mg per day of Lyrica and my teeth fucking hurt like I have 50 cavities. I cant tell if its because of long term use or if the pain is just more noticeable at such a low dose but I cannot wait to be off this crap.
I would still say it’s fun recreationally, even though the chemical hangover lasts a whole day for me, but I hope to be off it soon. I’m really worried I’m going to lose some teeth over this one.

Hey Survival, I was prescribed 600mg Lyrica per day for ~5 years (either 2 x 300 or 3 x 200mg) for a treatment-resistant somatic anxiety disorder. This was in addition to either 30mg diazepam or 2mg clonazepam per day. High dose Lyrica worked well for my anxiety....for about 2 months, and the subsequent years I took 600mg simply to prevent withdrawal.

I highly suggest not to raise your dose to 900mg even occasionally. In my experience doing so might blunt the anxiety once or twice but your tolerance will adjust absurdly quickly and you will only be in a worse state in between doses.

If you are only taking this medication for anxiety (as I was) and not for pain, I'd suggest starting to discuss a plan with your doctor to slowly wean off of it. I regrettably have experience with many types of withdrawal, and as unbelievable as this may sound, I found acute Lyrica withdrawal to be more debilitating than acute benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Don't get me wrong: I would rather have to withdraw from Lyrica 10 more times than to repeat the 2 years it took me to fully heal from benzodiazepine withdrawal.

In my experience the acute withdrawal from 7 years of daily prescribed benzos were a very long, drawn out, cyclical slog. It was 6 months before I felt capable again, another 12 months before I felt mostly back to "normal", and finally 6 more months before I could reliably get a full night's sleep without a handful of clonidine/hydroxyzine. It was a period of hardship to say the least, but it was mostly a mental fight and was rarely completely overwhelming at any one moment.

In comparison, Lyrica withdrawal 'only' took a couple months of a steady taper to free myself and did not have the persistent, nearly unending residual post-acute symptoms that benzos did. Once I had lowered my dose to between 50-75mg/day I was able to jump off with relative ease and never look back. HOWEVER, when I was still on 600mg, if I had to go anymore than 24 hours MAX between doses I was thrown under an unholy freight train of acute W/D that I can only describe as a combination of high dose opiate+benzo withdrawal with additional effects unique only to Lyrica. I could set a clock by it, and it was fucking bad. Not only would I get the restlessness/anxiety/severe depression/nausea/sensory overload of opiates & benzo wd, but also pronounced dissociation of watching these things in 3rd person like watching a car wreck in slow motion while my limbs would literally swell up with fluid and I could barely walk. I do not have any medical conditions that would otherwise put me at risk of dissociation or fluid retention. These only ever happened when stopping high dose Lyrica.

These symptoms were so debilitating that during a brief insurance gap, I actually voluntarily paid for my month supply of Lyrica out of pocket on 2 or 3 occasions. That's over $700 for a 30 day supply. And believe me when I say that I couldn't get to the pharmacy fast enough. My saint of a neighbor drove me the 1/2 mile too, because there's no way I could have physically drove or walked myself. I would not even consider such an act of desperation during a bad morphine withdrawal. And all of this was when I still had valium. It didn't help.

My point is not to scare you, only to plead with you not to put yourself in a situation where you might run out of a high dose daily Lyrica prescription. Even most doctors that prescribe Lyrica do not realize that it has severe withdrawal symptoms. Most of their patients who do take pregabalin are taking under 300mg per day. I do not know if it is this bad for everyone, but it humbled me and made me realize that I needed to finally get off of it. It was a bad choice as a long-term anxiety medication.
Hey have you ever hallucinate on pregab? when I used to take 600 2x 300mg cap's and smoke 1/2 a gram of gear I'd be off my head doing all sorts of crazy things pregabs seem to totally intensify my gear hit but in a freaky scary way. god I used get of my fcukin barnet I'd be putting on trousers over trousers and pulling my birds knickers on top of that.all kinds of madness talking gibberish and not being to talk at all haha.talking back to the tv as I were on the show! I really did trip my head off on them pregabs. PREGABALIN AND OPIATES!!! WHAT A GOOD TIME!!! Be safe out there, and remember drugs dont make you a bad person!!! Were all beautiful people. ANDY LIVERPOOL 😉

I've been a long time admirer of pregabalin since my discovery of it 3-4 years ago. Lyrica and all its incredibly cheap generic versions are OTC at any pharmacy nation-wide here in Egypt.I started to experiment with it extensively and found out a few things time after time. First of all, always gotta be careful with dosing because for me, it used to cause some myoclonic jerks that can get violent whenever I take 1.5 grams in a single dose with a clean body. Another thing is, Pregabalin is one HELL of a mixing drug. I've tried it with every substance I've had access to and it really is beautiful. smoking weed while approaching the peak can be an almost psychedelic, extremely euphoric experience. It's just great with everything from DXM and weed to opiates as it not only adds to the experience but it alters it to make up a relatively new one. Lyrica is also great when respected because if you take a single high dose occasionally it won't hook you and you'll have long years of beautiful occasional weekends with it. A simple but annoying thing too is that when you take a high dose (all my doses are on a total clean tolerance and empty stomach and are upwards of 900mg) and you get very sleepy but don't wanna let it go just yet, you'll enter a state of hypnagogia where, if someone were to wake you up because you're passed out sitting up in front of your laptop for example, you'll be unconscious but responsive and are very likely to act like a hallucinating idiot. I'm sure there's other things that I don't recall at the moment but overall, Lyrica is a beautiful drug with a huge recreational potential because it's very safe relative to most recreational substances, not addictive unless you got deep issues and just want whatever pill to numb you a bit, very very euphoric and even more if used in the right setting, very empathic and lowers your inhibitions whilst stimulating you too all at the same time.
Been there where you are awake and responsive. Not good llf here in Scotland we call that crazy dreaming

150mg of lyrica? You might as well drink a cup of coffee and have a cookie.

I would say 300mg would be a good starting dose for someone not tolerant to GABAergics. Also, this isn't an anti-depressant, you don't need to wait a long period of time to feel its effects. We're talking about recreational drugs, lyrica takes a long time to kick in and that is 1-1.5hours oral. I have a mild GABA tolerance and find 900-1200mg a good dose but have taken 2400mg before and had fun so I wouldn't say you are at risk of ODing and having a bad time. In any case you sound like you would really benefit from some drug/lyrica education so read the lyrica/pregabalin megathread and whatever you can on here. The only real negative side effect I have experienced when you are at the 1000mg plus range is joint pain.

I would think 450 would be recreational for someone like you with 300 being conservative but hey if 300 or 225 (I gather you have 75mg tabs) even works for you then great. The problem with starting low is that the half life is 5-6 hours and it takes a while to kick in so by the time you wait and don't feel much then wait for it to kick in your system has eliminated a decent amount, so start somewhere reasonable. Definitely don't start below 200 and feel free to go up to 600.
Not everyone is like us

To update on my 900mg - I ended up finishing the entire bottle... so 19 pills at 50mg each - 950mg - I ended up just blacking out and waking up in my bed.

Never really got anything that I can call a "euphoria" - in fact, it was a huge waste. I don't think I'll bother with my last three bottles.
Well yeah cause you OD'd technically. Course it was a waste.

Slight topic hi jack here but what is the conversion between gabapentin and pregabalin. From my research it is as follows

• Gabapentin 901 mg/day to 1500 mg/day → pregabalin 225 mg/day
  • Gabapentin 1501 mg/day 2100 mg/day → pregabalin 300 mg/day
  • Gabapentin 2101 mg/day 2700 mg/day → pregabalin 450 mg/day
  • Gabapentin >2700 mg/day → pregabalin 600 mg/day
Are these conversions right?

Sorry for hijack

Slight topic hi jack here but what is the conversion between gabapentin and pregabalin. From my research it is as follows

• Gabapentin 901 mg/day to 1500 mg/day → pregabalin 225 mg/day
  • Gabapentin 1501 mg/day 2100 mg/day → pregabalin 300 mg/day
  • Gabapentin 2101 mg/day 2700 mg/day → pregabalin 450 mg/day
  • Gabapentin >2700 mg/day → pregabalin 600 mg/day
Are these conversions right?

Sorry for hijack

This is the conversion table provided by official NHS advice to doctors in the UK:

PUpcQ2V.png

What is a good dose for someone who has not taken it after 10 months? Yesterday I took 300 mg. and I think it was too much. I did not feel well.

Yesterday I took 300 mg.
Take that same 300mg today (as tolerence builds fast as fu**) without adding anything and things may be enjoyable if ya like feelin' tipsy: If not... trash 'em.

Edit: What she said ^^^^^^
This is the conversion table provided by official NHS advice to doctors in the UK:

PUpcQ2V.png
Same table in the US.

Yes, I will try 75 mg. next time.
In the past, I liked the mix pregabalin/tramadol but yesterday it didn't feel right.
PS. The pregabalin I took is from an Indian lab, I don't think that matters or does it?
Thanks @PtahTek @PrincessDiz
Shouldn’t matter as long as it’s legit.

I mentioned in the other thread that the tramadol will have influenced the effect but please don’t be taking doses that high of tramadol. You’re really pushing it with those doses. 800mg is a lot even with pregabalin.

New here, I was just prescribed 50mg 3x/day to help with my social anxiety. Previously I was on Gabapentin and was up to 2400 mg/day. Last time I took gabapentin was back in January of this year.

How long does pregabalin usually take for me to feel the effects the first time I take it? A week, a few hours etc. I want to go about this safely.

How long does pregabalin usually take for me to feel the effects the first time I take it?
Prolly ~30-45 mins. It will continue to build for an hour or two so wait a couple hours at least before dosing more, IMO/E.
The swiched the gabap for pregab?

I was getting terrible stomach side effects with the gabapentin so I needed to stop it. I took the 50mg 1.5 hours ago and I haven't felt anything.

I'm prescribed 450mg a day for pain, it's quite effective and I'm enjoying the buzz from it more and more, especially if I take the whole daily dose at once. Combined with good weed it's quite the body high.

In MY experience.. Lyrica is a horrid, life sucking drug. I'll only speak of my personal experience here:
It's FAKE. The results from taking this medication are so brain fucking that you actually believe it's working.
You'll go from a safe and stable dose to extremely high and unattainable dosages.
You will lose yourself.
You will lose time.
You will ride a path that leads to nowhere VERY quickly as your tolerance builds to unachievable levels.
Quoting my doctor "Lyrica came out with bells and whistles but it's absolutely useless".

Be careful.

I disagree, it is phenomenally effective for neuropathic pain for many people.